08.22.3013: Pub Rumble
Summary: BAR FIGHT!
Date: 22 August 2013
Related: None
Victor Thalo Anabethe Reena Johana Bianka Devon Eirene 


The Public House, Volkan, The Crescent
Tucked into a corner of the commercial district, this dive bar has low ceilings clouded with smoke, a collection of round tables, square booths, and a bar with stools along one wall. It can do greasy pub food, and has a fine selection of beers, whiskeys, and scotches, but not much more than that. The bar stools are the swiveling type that are bolted to the ground so they cannot be used as clubs in the event of a brawl, and the chairs are flimsy things that make poor clubs in their own right. At the back is a shuffleboard table, two pool tables, and a couple of dartboards, often with a good deal of side betting going on.
22 August 3013

Sometimes, you just have to blow some stress off, and the confines of the Blackspyre aren't suitable. There are also visitors to show around, and the Pub is a must-see — at least to some. Victor Khournas and a collection of other Khourni, Ibrahmi, and near-Khourni have gathered at the Pub, and several rounds of beer and booze (as appropriate) have already been passed around. Although the nobles and knights sprawl out around their table, they're not the largest group in the Pub. No, that honor goes to a group of men and women with the mailed fist of House Laskaris on their uniforms. They're even further into their cups, and are singing a song that is… not quite about the putting of horns on a certain Young Lady. Vic tightens his hand on his mug of beer as they reach the second verse about 'climbing her tower' and his brows draw down in an expression just short of murderous. "Fucking Laskis."

The Wall has amazing timing. Which is to say, he always knows when to show up to maximize the amount of trouble he can get into. Tonight the huge Knight has made his way into the Public House. Odds are he knew his fellow Knights and such would be there. Word gets areound afterall. Given the slight sway to his step, he's likely already been at his hip flask for a good chunk of the night. So there he is, huge and at least a little buzzed, lit cigar between his teeth, eyeing the room for a few moments before he spots Vic and the others, moving towards them, with a quick 'Sup' motion of his head.

"Oh, fuck 'em, Vic," Anabethe says with a roll of her eyes and a wave of her hand. "I mean, gods only know how they're going to pay for their drinks. Not like Nik's got a a whole lot left to pay them with." She takes another drink, watching the armsmen from the corner of her eye. "Also, if I ever find out who wrote that song, I'm going to carve it onto his or her forehead," she grumbles in a lower tone, tipping her chin toward Thalo's arrival.

Reena eyes the table of Laskaris men with her jaw set and her hand clenched on her beer. She is puffing on a cigar courtesy of Victor, with her feet kicked up onto an empty chair. She's in leather pants, a white blouse, and a red leather vest.

Arriving somewhat late arm in arm with her sister, Ana is ready to get her own party started. Seeing the group already gathered, she nudges her sister. "Looks like we get to do a lot of drinking to catch up with the rest of the crew. You down?" The challenge is issued with a lopsided grin. "C'mon, let's go join them?"

Bianka smiles as she looks around, and then look at her sister. "Oh hell yeah." She says as she raises her free arm. 'Two shots each, and then a huge mug of beer!" She shouts to the bar keep as she moves wit hher sister, giving Thalo a nod in his direction.

The Grantham widow has invited her sister along for this particular evening — perhaps a strange invitation as inviting a Volen guest to the Pub isn't exactly customary. Devon is seated off Vic's right, drinking from her own goblet of mead. She glances toward the Lakaris table, her eyes narrowing a bit at the rousing song. "I did tell you I would give you the Khourni experience," Devon asides to her sister with a bit of a smile. She takes another drink of mead.

With Eirene comes Deacon Coburn, her personal guard of sorts. The youngest Volen lady dons something a little different this evening. Riding leathers peek out from behind what seems like a long dress in royal blue. The bodice wraps around her torso giving something of a deep 'v' neckline with cap sleeves. The skirt opens in the front as she moves, exposing the pants and polished boots beneath. Her long champagne hair is braided off her face and the tail hangs loosely over her shoulder. Her seat is on Devon's other side where she partakes in a cup of mead as well. There's a polite no thank you on the cigar offer, however.

Victor looks up at Thalo's arrival, tucking his own cigar into the corner of his mouth to reach out for to the center of the table and grab an untouched shot, dropping it into an untouched mug of beer and pushes it over toward the Wall. Looking over to Anabethe, he snorts, "I'd suggest carving it on their dick, but you'd have to find it first." And then Johana and Bianka approach, and Vic retakes his own stein, raising it up and then calling, "Another round for the people who won't be puking in two minutes." That, of course, draws jeers from the Laskaris table, and the third verse of the song gets even louder, with one particularly burly woman belting out additional — and much dirtier — 'echoes' to every other line.

"I would like to sew all their lips shut," Reena mutters to the table as she reaches for one of the shots and downs it. Then she stands up on her chair and begins singing a song, loudly, in full voice, about Nicolas and his teeny tiny weenie.

Arriving at the table, Thalo immediately picks up the mug and chugs it down with the shot. There's a trickle of beer that finds its way from his mug to his chin then down to his shirt, but not more than a trickle. He's a big dude, he can handle a big mug. He slams it down and takes a pull off his cigar. And then he registers the singing. His brow quirks. You know the quirk I'm talking about. The quirk that says, 'Do you smell what the Wall's about to do to those fools?'

Anabethe leans back in her chair, taking another drink. "Well, that explains the itching and burning," she drawls, deadpan, after one of the particularly dirty echoes. As Reena starts to counter, though, her lips twitch, amusement flickering across her features. "Least traumatic wedding night ever," she adds with a sage nod.

Devon winces a bit as Reena gets out of her seat and starts singing. She takes another swallow of her mead, as if trying to distract herself with the goblet rather than what is about to happen. She lifts her pale eyes toward Thalo as he steps up to the table, and she offers him a gentle salute of her cup to him. She shakes her head a bit at Anabethe's words. "Their gall is quite exceptional," Dee says, and there's only the faintest slur in the depths of her words.

Bianka turns her head after taking a shot and tilts her head. "Aww, someone let the chior boys out early." She says and points to the burly woman. "And look, they brought their father with them!" She says as she givs a smile, eager for a fight. "If any of you are worth your weight in piss, which I doubt, come over here and make somthing of it!" She says, and there goes her second shot.

"Hey, Vic." Ana offers a grin. "I think I remember literally drinking you under the table once." Though her eyes cut to Thalo then. "And you, Sir, schooled us all." Once there, she withdraws her arm from her sisters and hugs Reena briefly, if her friend allows it. "Hey Reena, you're looking great as always." A warm smile accompanies the words though she looks at all of the others gathered round and can't help but smile. "Devon, it's great seeing you here.." With Vic. But wisely the last two words are left unvoiced while she grins at Bethe. "Sounds like trouble brewing.." Nodding towards the singers, narrowing an icy glare their way.

Reena turns to serenade the Laskaris table
''And who are you, the proud lord said,
''that I must be betrothed?
''Only a drake of a different scale,
''that's all the truth I know.
''I;ll take my pleasure where I will,
''a drake still has claws,
''And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
''as long and sharp as yours.
''And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
''that lord of Laskaris,
''But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
''without a pot to piss.
''Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
''without a pot to piss.''

Eirene notes just before silencing into her cup, "You know, Lady Reena has a rather nice tone and fluidity to her voice." It takes a singer to know about range and pitch and, yes this mead is actually pretty good. This isn't her kind of place, and surely isn't her scene, but as long as the tall blonde can sort of hide herself a bit, she'll be fine. Her heart races a touch at the ruckus around her. Oh dear, Eirene tries to remember if she knows how to dodge a punch.

Well, Thalo was about to say something…And then Reena starts singing. At the end of her tune he barks out with a laugh, "Barkeep! A round of whiskey for the bar…" a beat pause, "Everyone except that lot. Pussies can't hold their liquor as it is!" Thalo's a well known enough figure in this establishment so he doesn't get any fuss from the bartender, he just starts pouring shots.

The competing song finally gets the attention of the Laskaris, and the identity of those at the other table starts to register with a few of those present. One or two start to shush the others, but there's a critical mass building, and they do their best to shout down Reena's song with their own, starting again from the beginning. Victor shakes his head at Ana, "It was the fuckin' Fireball." Nodding over to table, he grunts at Devon's words, "Laskis've never had a problem with gall." And then Thalo piles on with all the rest — himself as well, truth be told — and the Khourni cousin takes a long draw of his cigar, blowing the smoke straight up and setting the cigar down in the ashtray in the middle of the table, "You remember what I taught you 'bout throwin' a punch, right Dee?" And then his eyes shift over to Eirene, "The booze helps, Lady Eirene. But… you might wanna stay behind us." And just then an empty shot glass comes flying from the Laskaris table of a dozen hard cases, shattering against the empty chair that Reena was using as a footstool before.

Devon straightens up a little bit as the sung goading continues, and she reaches out to touch her little sister's wrist. Her eyes flicker over to hers before she starts to slide out of her own seat carefully. Then the shotglass comes flying in, and she steps back a stride. Her right fist is already forming, and she glances up toward Victor. "Yes, but…" She smirks a bit at him.

"Well, Nik always did have more balls than cock," Anabethe sighs dramatically to Devon, claiming one of those shots and tossing it back. "I get more out of rolling around in bed with his money than I ever did rolling around in bed with him. There was this one-" She stops short when a glass comes flying, reaching out to take another shot. Turning the empty over, she slowly pushes out of her chair to face the armsmen. "Now, look, kids. You want to sing stupid songs, you sing stupid songs. But you respect the bar."

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Bianka=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Bianka: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Bianka wins - Marginal Victory

Bianka looks up. "Son of a!" She says as she picks up a chair, and hurls it at the Laskaris table. "BRING IT!" She says as she steps over to take on the first Lask she sees.

Eirene ducks and screams as the shot glass crashes onto the empty chair. She instinctively clutches onto Devon's arm with one arm and downs the rest of her mead with the other. Hey, Volen motto - Always fluid.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Reena=bludgeons Vs Laskaris=6
< Reena: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Reena wins - Marginal Victory

And it's on! Reena almost seems proud of herself, inciting a fight in the bar. "They threw that first! YOU ALL SAW IT!" she notes to the other patrons. Nothing like covering ones bases. Then she jumps down from the chair, plucks up one of the legs of the chair Bianka shattered against the Laskaris table, and swings it like a club at the chick who tried to drown her out. WHOMP, she clocks the biyotch.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Victor=unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Victor: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Victor wins - Marginal Victory

Aaaaand now the Khournas-Ibrahm-Volen table has thrown the first punch. Victor growls under his breath, "Gods damn it." And the Laskaris are counter-attacking, swarming from around their table and over toward the opposing table. They don't even bother with the flimsy chairs, as they simply shatter when they hit someone or something. Almost like someone designed them like that. Vic rises from his chair, stepping around in front of Eirene and Devon and taking on the first Laski coming at them. It's a tall, skinny man with extremely long arms, who swings wildly at Victor. The Khourni ducks low, the fist just glancing off his shaven head, and then he steps straight into the charging Laskaris, slamming his brow into the bridge of the other man's nose. The skinny bastard starts to twist away, and takes a glancing blow on the cheek.

Eirene definitely stays behind Victor with her sister for as long as she can until her meat shield cannot defend her completely. She puts up her dukes and looks to Devon with a wily grin. "Father is going to be /so/ mad at you!" Nothing like siblings teasing each other. "I just hope I don't break a hand or else I can't play piano. With another squeal, she puts up her hands to her face and tries to throw a punch at someone who is coming at her.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Anabethe=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Anabethe: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Anabethe wins - Marginal Victory

Anabethe may have had a few drinks, but that doesn't usually bother the Khournas heir. In fact, as one of the Laskaris armsmen - a boyishly handsome fellow - starts to take a swing at her, she looks almost bored. "Rob. Long time no see." He throws a punch, but she leans back to dodge it, swiping his arm aside with one forearm and popping his nose with the heel of the other hand before he can stumble back again. "I see you haven't learned to keep your guard up."

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Bianka=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Bianka: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Bianka wins - Marginal Victory

Bianka ducks when another Lask comes at her to push her, and she turns him around and pushes him twoards his comrades roughly, moving to stand back to back with her sister. "Good mindless fun, wish bubba was here." She says as she sticks with her sister.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Johana=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Johana: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Johana wins - Marginal Victory

Johana hadn't meant to get involved.. not at all.. she's not so hot at hand to hand but when the people she is closest too all get involved, she finds herself in the thick of it. Throwing a punch towards one of the Laskaris, she connects with a right hook that succeeds in pissing her opponent off more than anything else. He returns the swing at her and Ana dodges it cleanly.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Reena=bludgeons Vs Laskaris=6
< Reena: Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Marginal Victory

The female Laskaris guard doesn't take Reena's beating lying down. She returns fire with a chair of her own. It smashes over Reena's head and the Khourni staggers back, blood seeping from the corner of her mouth and her lip. She smacks the woman on the ass glancingly as she regroups.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Devon=Unarmed Vs Lakaris=6
< Devon: Success Lakaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Lakaris wins - Marginal Victory

As the Lakaris swarm the table, Devon steps slightly away from her sister in order to provide a more functioning barrier between Eirene and the Khourni vassal men. "Mad at me?" The eldest of the Volen sisters retorts, and she laughs. "You would betray me like that?" She half-teases as she keeps her eyes on the opposition. One of the women in the group steps up to face off with the Ash Witch, and Devon attempts to punch out against her. She instead gets an opposing fist to the jaw, and she staggers back a few steps. She reaches out to rub at her jaw, and she narrows her eyes on the woman.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Thalo=unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Thalo: Great Success Laskaris: Great Success
< Net Result: DRAW

This was all fun and games until someone used a shotglass as a weapon. There could have been BOOZE in there. DRINKABLE BOOZE. Oh hell no. Thalo turns on the Laskaris, snatching up a chair and hurling it across the table at the them. It doesn't hit, but that wasn't the point. He vaults over the table and rushes at the them, two of them specifically. Two of them that in normal people sizes would be like 3.675 of them. Largish is also a good term. He shoulder rams into on, and takes a gut shot from the other before managing to toss a backhand in that dudes face. Of course a second later the other tries to lock him up in choke hold. Thalo holds his own though, not really getting and solid hits in, but not taking any either.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Eirene=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Eirene: Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Marginal Victory

Eirene gets distracted by her sister's laugh and gets socked in the face. "Okay! Not the face!! You see this face?!" She tells the raucous Laskaris then puts up her hands again. "Don't make me scream so loud I'll break glass and blow your ear drums out!" Wait, is she flirting? No, she just has no idea how to trash talk.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Bianka=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Bianka: Great Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Bianka wins - Solid Victory

Bianka smiles as another one comes at her, and he manages to punch her in the stomach, though, her counter attack connects with his jaw and sends the man sprawling. "Ana, sword hand higher, shield hand lower." She says, tossing her sister abit of advice. "Thalo, you doing okay on your end?" She hollars out, since she can see over most of the people here.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Victor=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Victor: Great Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Victor wins - Solid Victory

Victor knows that Devon can take care of herself. He doesn't know any such thing about Eirene, and so he reaches out, grabbing the back of her attacker's hair, "This…" he's interrupted by a punch across his jaw, "is why I shave my fuckin' head." And then he yanks the poor bastard back by his hair, eliciting a yelp, and hurls him into the tall, skinny S.O.B. that just punched him. Again.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Reena=bludgeons Vs Laskaris=6
< Reena: Failure Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Marginal Victory

Maybe Reena should rethink this whole fighting thing. She leaps at the woman, swinging the chair leg at her, but the trained guard ducks the blow and returns a fist to Reena's face, sending the Khourni lady reeling back to smack into the table her kin were using, and splaying out on it a moment. "ow."

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Anabethe=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Anabethe: Great Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Anabethe wins - Solid Victory

Anabethe's opponent scowls at the heir, lowering his head to take another strike at her. When his fist glances off her jaw, he starts to brighten…But then Anabethe takes advantage of getting in close to bring her knee up hard into his junk, and that's just not fun for him. The sound he makes could potentially rival Eirene's threatened high note.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Devon=Unarmed Vs Lakaris=6
< Devon: Good Success Lakaris: Good Success
< Net Result: DRAW

"Rene!" Devon gasps out as she spies the Lakaris breaking through toward her sister, though there's Victor to save the day. She smirks a bit, though she does cast her sister a quick look before she turns right into the next punch that aims to sink into her belly. She manages to block the punch, but her own counterpunch gets nothing but air. She glances over toward Eirene now, and her eyes start to pale, though her aura is not yet visible.

Eirene is awed by her future brother-in-law's battle prowess. She shadow boxes a bit just as the Laskaris goes down. "Yeah! That's why he shaves his head!" Then she just gives him a little kick while he's down. All the violence around her is getting the Volen lady amped up, but she has too good a heart and quietly murmurs 'Sorry' while the man is already down. "How'd you do that?! Yeah, it was like, /bam/! Right in the face." More like a puppy following behind Victor and Devon, then sliding over to her sister in case the pint sized woman needs help. Who's all cocky now?

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Johana=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Johana: Good Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Johana wins - Marginal Victory

Exchanging a few hits with the one she's been fighting, Ana gets a punch in the fella's mouth, bloodying her knuckles in the process as a tooth hangs at an odd angle from his mouth. "Now you can sing about wanting teeth for your birthday, jerk."

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Thalo=unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Thalo: Failure Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Solid Victory

Well, Thalo was holding his own. Then he takes a serious gut shot and he looks like he's about to puke up that beer and shot combo he just chugged. He staggers, takes a knee to the face and gets pulled into a choke hold. He gruns at Bianka, "I'm fine!" he shouts and wrenches free of the hold, but he gets kicked in the face and flings back, landing on Reena now! Ow. He oofs and shakes his head once, "…Fuck." and then he's trying to get back to his feet, holding out a hand to help Reena up.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Bianka=bludgeons Vs Laskaris=6
< Bianka: Good Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Bianka wins - Marginal Victory

Bianka looks twoards her sister. "Thalo's in trouble sis, Quick take my hand." She says, moveing to swing her sister around. "KHOURNAS DUCK!" She hollars giving their allies plenty of time to move out of the damn way.

Reena gets squished by Thalo landing on her, and lets out an "oof" that is more of a wheeze. "Not the way I imagined you on top of me, big guy," she rasps out, but takes the hand to get back to her feet. She wipes the blood from her nose with the back of her sleeve. "Go put those shitheads in the hospital."

Without knowing exactly what her sister has planned, Ana slips her hand into her sisters. When it becomes clear, her eyes widen and she's so grateful she'd slipped on those boots before coming as she manages to get a kick in to one of them at least. "Ow!" Yep, that hurts, but she doesn't seem to mind.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Anabethe=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Anabethe: Good Success Laskaris: Amazing Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Crushing Victory

Anabethe turns away from Rob for a moment to spin a kick at the head of the Laskaris who has Thalo in a chokehold. It connects, but in the meantime, Rob manages to get himself together enough to charge blindly, bearing Bethe hard into the nearest wall. Her head cracks against the wood, and for a moment she just sees stars.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Victor=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Victor: Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: DRAW

Victor rubs the back of his hand across his mouth, catching a bit of blood from his split lip, and then he's wading into the tumble of Laskaris again. "Dee… I think it's time to fuckin' cheat." And then he's grunting from a punch to the gut, and he sweeps his palm into the side of the lanky bastard's head, right over his ear, "I'm talking here, damn it."

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Johana=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Johana: Good Success Laskaris: Failure
< Net Result: Johana wins - Solid Victory

Once her sister releases her, Ana moves back to attacking toothless. There's going to be a bruise on her foot and she limps a little but they were knocking them out one Laskaris at a time. Throwing another punch, she gets a solid punch in on his nose and blood spatters over the both of them.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Eirene=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Eirene: Success Laskaris: Amazing Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Crushing Victory

What happens when a newbie gets cocky? They get the shit beat out of them. Eirene taunts the Laskaris and they go a quick round of who is going to throw the first punch. Just as she clocks him and hits him square on the nose, the brute of a man is throwing her down onto a table with veritable force. The back of her head, much like Anabethe's gets slammed against the hardwood. This would be the kind of hit that gives a skilled fighter a concussion. It's almost a miracle Eirene is not completely passed out. It is safe to say she doesn't have her wits about her and the wind is certainly knocked out of her.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Devon=Psychometry Vs Laskaris=6
< Devon: Success Laskaris: Failure
< Net Result: Devon wins - Marginal Victory

As the Young Lady of the Crescent gets slammed into the wall and her sister gets thrown on the table, there is a sudden explosion of white light and ghostly flames around the petite Volen-Grantham's body. She sends with it a wave of telekinetic energy, and it sends her Laskaris opponent reeling back. Devon remains luminous, ribbons of light crafting angelic wings off her shoulders.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Bianka=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Bianka: Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: DRAW

Bianka sets her sister down and moves to get into a sort of trade off with the Lask who was slammed Eirene into a table. Back and fourth as small jabs come from each of them. "Mess with someone bigger then you prik." She says in between punches.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Reena=unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Reena: Failure Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Solid Victory

Reena lost her club somewhere between getting punched in the face and landed on by the Wall. She swings at a Laskaris charging at her, misses utterly, and gets kicked in the chest. There is the distinct sound of rib's breaking. She really needs to learn more defensive skills. She goes down to her knees, arms wrapped around her middle.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Thalo=unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Thalo: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Thalo wins - Solid Victory

A smirk is offered by Thalo to Reena at her words and he hoists her up, then looks back to the two thugs he was handling…or who were handling him as it were. He stalks towards them, and when the first comes at him with a hook punch he blocks it with a forearm, snatches him up by the shirt, and slams his rockhard forhead into that dude's face. A crack can be heard and the man staggers back. The next guy rolls up on Thalo a little more cautiously and Thalo just slams his fist into the guys face without a moments hesitation. At least he did well that time.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Johana=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Johana: Good Success Laskaris: Failure
< Net Result: Johana wins - Solid Victory

Seeing others having trouble, Ana moves in to assist one of them, throwing a punch at the one that is nearest her as her last opponent limps off to clean up his broken nose. It seems to be an almost even fight between them all, and Ana isn't giving up as she throws another punch.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Victor=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Victor: Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Solid Victory

Victor turns again toward Eirene's attacker, hammering a fist into the man's kidney, "Hey! Get the fuck off her, you Laski — " And then the long-haired Laskaris that he threw into Lanky gets behind Victor cracking a pool-cue over Cueball's head and sending Victor staggering forward to grab hold of a chair and steady himself, "Shit." One hand goes up to his head, trying to clear his vision, "Did you just hit me with a cue? There were only three of them left!"

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Reena=unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Reena: Failure Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Solid Victory

Reena opens her mouth and shouts, "Free beer to anyone that takes down the goob that's about to hit me!" Then she is indeed punched in the face by said goob, and she goes down like a rock, unconscious.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Bianka=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Bianka: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Bianka wins - Solid Victory

Bianka blinks as another lask comes ot help her friend, and they both throw a punch at the cage fighting knight, though it does nothing put piss her off as she lets out a battle yell and double clotheslines the both of them. "MY HOUSE!" She says as she turns look at Eirene. "You okay Milady?" She asks. "Stay behind me."

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Anabethe=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Anabethe: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Anabethe wins - Solid Victory

Anabethe is practiced enough - or hard-headed enough - to come back quickly, and while Rob manages to get a fist into her side, she responds by wrapping her arm around his neck and slamming his head into the wall next to her, bringing a knee up into his gut at the same time. "Let me know when either of your heads starts working again, dipshit," she snarls.

This is, of course, Volkan, and while most people are staying way the hell away from a pretty serious barfight, but there are a few more Khournas men-at-arms wading in, soaking up the excess Laskaris fighters.

There might be birds singing and chirping all around her head when Eirene starts to come around. The first person she sees is Victor, then Bianka. Rubbing the back of her head a bit while attempting to focus her eyes, she answers as clearly as possible. "I think so?" She not even sure. "Ow. This is my first fight." There's a hint of pride in those words. "Are you alright?" Eirene asks of Bianka.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Johana=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Johana: Good Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Marginal Victory

Ana had gotten too cocky and when she swings, her shot is blocked and she takes one to the chin and it knocks her head back and mostly succeeds in pissing her off. Hearing Reena, she looks over briefly and sees her friend out on the floor. Damn! Brushing her chin with her fingers, she grits her teeth together, preparing to throw another punch at the one fighting her.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Devon=Psychometry Vs Laskaris=6
< Devon: Good Success Laskaris: Failure
< Net Result: Devon wins - Solid Victory

There's a flying Laskaris as Devon slams another block of telekinetic energy into her, and she finally falls and doesn't get back up. Devon is breathing heavily through her nose, her aura starting to wick away, though not as fast as it would if they were out of harms way. She looks aorund toward Eirene, blinking those white orbs several times. "Eiry?" She asks as she steps toward her, though she pauses to flick fire into her hand as she notes the Laskaris focused on Victor.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Bianka=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Bianka: Good Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: DRAW

Bianka smiles to Eirene. "First? I could give you a few pointers." She says as she stands toe to toe with two of them, trading punches, at least those two are focused on her and not the pretty singer from marie maris.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Victor=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Victor: Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Marginal Victory

Victor is seeing flashes of light, and while most of them are inside his head, they aren't all. Watching Devon throw people around with her mind causes him to laugh, "That's my girl!" Victor might not be saying that if he didn't have a cut scalp and bells ringing in his ears. He takes a forearm to the back of the head, staggering forward, and then gives the Laskaris a shot in the throat with his left hand, although the blow is robbed of a great deal of power by his stagger away.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Anabethe=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Anabethe: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Anabethe wins - Solid Victory

Anabethe follows through on her advantage, taking her opponent's hand and twisting it to trade places, slamming him against the wall one more time. As the Laskaris guard slides down to the floor, she turns to take a look at who's left, though she's still blinking a few times, trying to re-focus her eyes.

Reena is still out like a light on the floor. ZZZZzzzzzz

This might be the optimal time for Eirene to run for cover. It's clear she has the heart, but lacks the muscle and skill that go into brawling in a pub against what seems like a million gigantic men. Just as one of the men Bianka knocks out starts to fall, Eirene slams a bottle right onto the back of his head. Granted, he was already put to sleep, but every bit helps. "When my father catches wind of this, he's never going to allow me to come back here." There's a bit of a rogue grin touching the singer's lips. "But pointers would be good, you know, for next time a fight breaks out in a family friendly establishment." Warm brown eyes flicker towards Devon in amazement. "Sister!" She called out to her older sibling. Stopping short of catching up to the Grantham widow, she turns to see Devon's attention turn to Victor. This is the moment Eirene forces herself to hide under a table for a round or two to catch her breath and see if she can stop being dizzy.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Devon=Psychometry Vs Laskaris=6
< Devon: Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Marginal Victory

There is a burst of firelight as the Awakened Orellean throws the fireball toward the Laskaris that is engaged with Victor. It bursts right over their heads, slamming into the nearest wall. Nothing catches on fire, but it does leave a nasty scorch mark on the wood. Devon glances toward Eirene at the call of her voice, and all she sees is her ducking under the table. Her brow furrows sharply with worry, thoug she has to weed these Laskaris out before she can check on her sister. "Stay down!" She says to Eirene. "Don't close your eyes!"

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Johana=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Johana: Good Success Laskaris: Failure
< Net Result: Johana wins - Solid Victory

Netting another solid hit to the man, Ana pulls back her hand and shakes it, not used to throwing down with her bare fists. Seeing there are few left, she stays after the man, hoping to take him down or at least hurt him for one of the others to finish off.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Thalo=unarmed Vs Laskaris=8
< Thalo: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Thalo wins - Solid Victory

Having found his zone now, the Wall eyes the remaining Laskaris, first the two he just smacked around. He stands before them for a heartbeat, tilting his head to the side, "Maybe you shit heads haven't heard of the Wall yet." And then he rushes in, slamming his shoulder into ones chest, causing the man to slam back and over the table. The other throws a punch, caught in mid swing, and Thalo grabs his arm, twists it around and snaps it with a thrust with his palm. That guy goes down screaming in pain. "Now you've met the Wall, bitch." Of course, then a third guy jumps him, but due to sheer size, Thalo is able to hurl him off and into the bar. He hits the ground with a thud, but is getting back to his feet. Another of the men seems to try and outflank Thalo with Mr. JustGotChucked.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Bianka=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Bianka: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Bianka wins - Marginal Victory

Bianka takes a hit from the two she was fighting, and then they both come at her to try and take her down, she ducks their hits and steps forward, tripping them up and smirking as she moves forward and grabs one of the serving girls, dipping her into a kiss, just for fun, before she moves off to find more of the fight.

Eirene listens to Devon and gives her a faint nod in acknowledgment. Scrambling as far back as she can beneath the table, the Volen lady fights off sleep by humming a song. She is feeling tired; her body sore and ragged, bruised and bloody from the altercations. Still, she wishes she could have done more to physically help out. Better to get away than to be the anchor. Volen's don't like anchors.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Victor=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Victor: Good Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: DRAW

Lanky starts back from Devon's fireball, giving Victor time to slam a meaty fist into Greasy's groin, leaving him squealing. On the other hand, Lanky gets back into it, kicking Victor in the knee. His eyes close in pain, and he reaches down for the axe sitting alongside his chair. And then he bellows, "THAT'S ENOUGH!" It's not as intimidating directly as Thalo throwing guys around or Bianka or Johana punching people in the face, and definitely not as terrifying as fireballs flying around, but it represents a rather intense step up in the ranks of a barroom brawl.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Anabethe=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Anabethe: Good Success Laskaris: Success
< Net Result: Anabethe wins - Solid Victory

Now that her latest opponent is on the floor, Anabethe wades back into the fray, picking out a particularly drunken guardsman to target next. His wild swing scores a glancing blow against her shoulder, but her reply is a sharp kick to his knee and a twist that has her behind him with a hand on his shoulder, forcing him toward the floor.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Johana=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Johana: Good Success Laskaris: Failure
< Net Result: Johana wins - Solid Victory

It actually crosses Ana's mind that she wishes she could do better in spars with Thalo, like she's able to take down the second Laskaris.. but granted, the Laskaris were not build like a Wall either. Drawing back her arm, she closes her fist and swings it towards the side of the mans head with all her strength. He falls to the floor, out like a light. Seeing everyone else already engaged, she stops and takes a few deep breaths. She felt like she'd been hit by a truck. Limping over, she sits in a chair where someone had left a shot. Lifting it, she downs the drink in one go, the heat burning her throat.

Bianka spots Victor taking out an axe, and she blinks before she reaches for her hamme,r not to use against victor, he is on her team, but to try and get the other lask men off of thalo. "Back off!" She says as she makes threatening gestures.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Thalo=unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Thalo: Failure Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Solid Victory

Welp…Thalo was doing well. Apparently he's drunk enough where that flank work. The first one bumrushes him, which grabs the Knights attention, and he turns to defend. A moment later the other is on his back, and slams his mug into Thalo's head, smashing it. The other lays a knee into his face and sends the Knight sprawling to the ground. Still he slowly starts to get to his feet, grabbing a chair to steady himself.

<FS3> Devon rolls Medicine: Good Success.

That white, fiery aura collapses at Victor's bellow. Devon looks this way and that, as if gauging how this will continue. She takes several paces backwards before she drops down under the table with her sister. "Eirene," she whispers, "Look at me, Rene." She goes immediately into field medic mode, starting to brush the hair off her sister's brow while she draws her head around to start searching her eyes. "Are you okay? Feeling nauseous?" She glances around her carefully before she starts taking care of her sister.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Anabethe=Unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Anabethe: Good Success Laskaris: Great Success
< Net Result: Laskaris wins - Solid Victory

Anabethe starts to bring her opponent's hand back and up, but there's enough beer, whiskey, and blood on everyone's hands to compromise grip. When she loses hers, she takes an elbow to the gut, and in short order she and the guard are grappling on the floor, and somehow Anabethe has completely lost any leverage she might have had.

Eirene is startled by Devons's sudden appearance. "Yeah." The answer is vague and it is easy to see her eyes can barely focus. "I'm dizzy." And with her dizziness comes waves of nausea. "I should have stepped away, but I didn't want to let anyone down. I didn't want to look like a coward. You glow." This is some kind of revelation for Eirene or maybe the change of topics is part of her throbbing headache. "Did my nose stop bleeding?"

Most of the Laskaris soldiers who are still upright are backing away now that the stakes have been raised by an axe and a hammer, and one even reaches down to pry the Laskaris man away from Anabethe. Victor reaches up to touch the back of his head with the hand not holding his axe, wincing as it comes away sticky with blood, "Dee, can you check on Reena next?" And then he touches the comm at his belt, "Vera, call the Guard and a medical team to… help… the Laskis back to the Waygate." Even as he's speaking, and his comm responds in its contralto, "Of course, Sir," Victor keeps his eyes on the Laskaris.

"Rene," Devon says softly, touching her sister's head with a faint fondness. "You're going to stay in the 'Spyre tonight. You didn't let anyone down." Her expression softens. "And we will talk about glowing." She kisses her sister's head before she nods at Victor's words. "Eirene shouldn't move on her own. Concussion. She will need to have someone take her to the Spyre." She then moves to check on the unconscious Reena, and then eventually Anabethe.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Thalo=unarmed Vs Laskaris=7
< Thalo: Good Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: DRAW

Even though the men are starting to back away, Thalo apparently isn't really interested in letting them. He gets back to his feet, staggering a bit, and hurls a chair at one of the two who got him on the ground to begin with. He lunges at another, his footsteps uneven and heavy. He definitely took a hard shot to the head. He lands a punch, and takes one in return. The guy who took that flung chair is back on his feet and starts moving towards Thalo.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Bianka=Unarmed Vs Thalo=unarmed
< Bianka: Good Success Thalo: Great Success
< Net Result: Thalo wins - Marginal Victory

Bianka turns and tries to push Thalo back. "WALL STOP!" She says, not wanting him to get hurt anymore. She isn't throwing punches as much as useing her body to try and push him back… if her feet could find purchase on the floor.

<FS3> Opposed Roll — Anabethe=unarmed Vs Laskaris=6
< Anabethe: Good Success Laskaris: Good Success
< Net Result: Anabethe wins - Marginal Victory

Anabethe gives the Laskaris prying her opponent off a little help, getting a knee between herself and her opponent and giving a good shove. She doesn't seem inclined to rush off the floor as they retreat, though, grinning crookedly through a bloody lip as she pushes up on one elbow. "Well," she chuckles. "Suppose that was fun."

Victor nods to Devon and then immediately regrets it, wincing as the Laskaris start to back away, their IDs already swiped for costs. "I'll give her a hand, Dee." He smiles over to Eirene, "And you can give me one too. Shit… ow." He slips his axe back into his belt-loop, looking over to the Ibrahmi and Anabethe, "You guys get Reena?" Because that pool cue to the back of his head seems to have jarred something, and it's certainly bleeding profusely.

Despite Bianka's efforts, Thalo pushes forward and past her. Unfortunately for him, and fortunate for everyone else, those two got drawn back by their fellows and the Wall is left standing there, bleeding from a cut on his head and his nose. Then again, since they had to drag two of the men he dispatched away unconscious with massively broken limbs, it's likely a fair enough trade. At Victor's words, Thalo grunts, "Fuck it. I'll take the princess home." He pulls out his hipflask, taking a swig, because drinking is what every doctor advises with a concussion.

Bianka shakes her head. "Then you are going to the doctor." She says as she looks at the cuts and bruses he has. "I think you got a concussion." She says, and the look on her face means that she wont take 'no' for an answer.

Victor hears the confirmation from Thalo, and then he's off, leaning almost as much on Eirene as she's likely leaning on him. "So. Volkan. Lovely place. Great atmosphere. Friendly people." Having Devon on Eirene's other side is likely going a long ways toward making sure that both Eirene and Victor walk steadily.

Thalo moves to Reena, helping her up and he nods to Bianka, "Yeah, yeah. I got one on call. I'll have her waiting at my house." He picks up a beer from their table, only half knocked off and gulps down the last bit on his way out with Reena. He'll get her home and get checked out.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License