06.22.3013: Hauling Ash
Summary: Thalo leads the defense of a supply convoy around the Hostile incursion in the Crescent.
Date: 22 June 2013
Related: Discussion of Sophie's attempts to reach the front lines and go to the Drake Mountains.
Thalo Victor Johana Ellinor Michael Gwain Nitrim Anabethe 


The Black Wastes, Crescent of Khournas
A military encampment, and then outside it.
22 June 3013

Early this morning, messages arrived asking each of you to find yourway to the western most exit from the encampment. The message was simple, the western most supply lines need to be patrolled. Normally this would fall to scouts and men at arms, but Knight Lieutenant Thalo Khorax sent this letter out and the Wall is rarely refused. THe time has come for those were summoned to approach, which no real idea why Knights are being sent to patrol a supply lane.

Victor hasn't been in Volkan much lately. Instead, he's been out here in the camp, skirmishing with Hostiles enough to get his armor scraped up, a few injuries here and there, and to keep him almost happy. The gray-orange armor waits stolidly at the exit, his helmet clasped in his leather gauntlets so that he can look inside it, "Vera, show supply routes over the last three days. Overlay skirmish locations." A hologram blossoms between his face and the open helmet, tracing out lines and adding little sparks of skirmishes.

Having found a horse for her knight to borrow, Johana is atop her own. "Well you always wanted to ride patrol, here's your chance." The words are spoken to Michael, whom she'd brought with her on this particular mission. The message had been from Thalo, and definitely the Ibrahm felt she owed him much since he had saved her life quite some time ago, so she had come without question. Dressed in her black tinted armor, her red eyed faceshield tipped up for now, she looks around the area as she rides, her blade sheathed at her side, yet unfastened so that she might draw it quickly and easily if need be.

Ellinor Sauveur is particularly amongst those who is not about to refuse the Wall, though she has been already participating in several patrols in the Crescent — her father's home, after all. While some Khournas prefer the on-foot infantry, the Drakefire Knight has chosen to bring along her massive destrier. Merrymaker stomps about the Black Wastes with ease, crushing the ground beneath his massive hooves. She rides alongside Johana and those others on horseback, mindful of those around her. Up here, she feels as though she competes with the size of the Khournas. It has its benefits.

Michael nods to his knight, and rides along with her. "Thank you Sir Johana." is a short reply, before he scans the area as well. He's in his dusky purple light armor, blade on his side like normal. His hard light shield is active, a dull purple in a kite shape.

Gwain was kind of hanging around. The knight of Iah had been delivering messages and examining the troops, as well as a few other menial tasks for his House. Conveniently, he is around to go riding with the other knights. Inconveniently, he's pretty bad at riding. He's at least been one a horse once or twice, but it's fairly clear he's uncomfortable with it as he saunters along with the other men and women making up the force that will be moving along the line. He only almost falls off once.

Victor is doing his best to ignore the destrier standing behind him, looking up as all the other horses arrive. His boots shift in the ash beneath them, and he grumbles, "Fucking hell. He was serious about riding the damned meals on wheels." Technically they're on hooves, but…. He looks down at the hologram projected out of his helmet, and then he shakes his head, dumping the helmet over his shaven scalp and locking it into place, "Ana. Ellinor." The orange eyepieces turn to the squire and the stretch-knight, and he taps his chest with one fist, "Sir Victor Khournas."

As the group starts to arrive, they will note that there is a small supply convoy sitting by the western most exit to the encampment. To the west lie a variety of resources, and there's been work around the camp that supply convoys have been getting harried on this western road. Patrols have been sent, but none have managed to find anything.

Ellinor lifts her head a bit toward Victor at his words, and she flashes him an amused smile. "Hooves," she offers the correction easily before she adjusts her helmet a bit. She also regards the two strangers amongst them, offering Michael and Gwain a gentle bow of her head head before she regards the encampment curiously.

"Of course, Michael, I'm glad you get to be around for the patrol." Johana replies quietly to her squire. Her own horse is large, a destrier as well, the favored of the most. Pulling back on her reins as she approaches Victor, she nods to him, Ellinor and Gwain. "Victor. What's the word?"

Michael places his fist to his chest and nods to Victor then to Ellinor. "Sirs." he says, not entirely having anything else to add. He's not really familiar with them, and this isn't exactly a meet and greet. He listens attentively however.

"Sir Gwain Norman, of House Iah." The tall knight introduces himself once he's set pace with the rest of the group. The convoy earns a glance, and then back to the clustered group of knights. "It's kind of warm out here." That's about all he has to say for now.

Victor gestures up to Ellinor, allowing, "Hooves. Whatever. I don't like any mode of transport that has a brain besides mine." His gravelly, resonant voice takes on a tone of disdain, "Stupid fucking things always flinch at the wrong time." Or he's just a crappy rider. Responding to Johana, he snorts inside his helmet, the armor faithfully replicating the sound, "Gods-damned-horses, apparently." He backs away from the cluster of four-legged bite-fiends, just so he won't have to look quite so sharply up to them all, really. "Walking to the fight's good enough for any real Khourni." He nods again at the greeting from the two newcomers, "You pick puppy, Ana?"

Another set of hoofbeats come from the main encampment behind them, large, heavy hoofbeats. The huge black destrier bears the Wall upon its back, fully clad in armor. Thalo rarely rides and he seems less than comfortable on a horse really. The horse moves towards the others and the convoy at a slow trot, "Good of you all to come." He intones, helmet hanging from the horn on his saddle, hammer slung on his right. "Sorry about the need for horses. We've got a bit of a haul ahead of us."

Ellinor smirks at the Khourni. "Come now… they smell fear." Then she looks up at the sound of the hoofbeats, though she pauses long enough to nod to Michael and Gwain, particularly the latter at his introduction. "Iah… you are a long way from home, Sir Gwain." She offers him a quick smile before she focuses on Thalo. "A bit of a haul?" She inquires with an arch of her brows. "Where are you dragging us now…"

"This is Michael Athyros, my squire. He's learning to ride patrols today. Michael, this is Victor Khournas." Johana quirks her lips in a smile. "Johana Ibrahm," offering that to Gwain, since he seems to be the only one who she doesn't really know. "I forgot you had an aversion to horses," offering him a sympathetic expression. Lifting her head when she hears the approach of another, she sits up, alert. "What's going on, Thalo?" There's a smile offered to the Knight before she tightens her hands on the reins. "You're welcome to ride with me Victor," she teases.

Michael bows his head to Victor, "Glad to meet you Sir Victor." then when Thalo approaches, he watches and listens. Knowing that he needs to pay attention to everything said.

"I got lost." Gwain's reply to Ellinor comes with a thread of humor. The glacial knight offers his own polie smile in return, head head cocking over at the sound of Thalo's approach, and then the sight of the man. "It's okay, I rode a horse one time. And then no other times after that. I think you're supposed to stay on the top side."

Victor shakes his head at Ellinor's words, "They smell hunger." He moves around to the side of the destrier he's 'borrowed' for the Khournas stables, grabbing hold of the saddle horn and hauling himself very, very inelegantly into the saddle. One might even say 'awkwardly.' Probably would. "Thanks, Ana." His sarcasm is easily audible in his voice, even through the helmet speaker. "Because then when that idiot creature has the idea to ride off, it'll haul two of us off." Looking over to Thalo, he shakes his head, "You just want to see me fall on my ass."

The Wall nods towards the convoy, "There've been reports of convoys getting ambushed as they bring us supplies from the west, down this road. It doesn't happen to every convoy, and our scouts haven't managed to find much. So today we are playing escort to this convoy." His horse moves him over to it, and Thalo smacks a hand on the side. It gives off a hollow empty thudding sound that reverberates off the inside. A glance is spared for Johana, the smile returned, then he looks to Victor and Gwain, "Victor, your on the convoy. Sir Gwain, you're with him. Let's get those horses strapped in."

Welcoming the sarcasm, hell that was affection to the Khourni, Johana grins in return to Victor. "Horses are smart animals.." gently patting the neck of her own beast. "Sure thing, Thalo," the words spoken quietly when she hears what the duty is today. Catching the smile, she grins as she loosens her hold on the reins, preparing to ride along as ordered.

The Drakefire Knight listens to the objective with a slight tilt of her stylized drake helmet. She glances toward the other Khourni before she nods firmly to the Knight Lieutenant. "Of course, Sir Thalo." She adjusts her grip on the reins of her destrier before she gives Victor a grin. "He's just afraid of things that are smarter than him, Ana…"

Michael positions himself to put his shield on the outside. He reaches up to close the flat featureless visor of his helm, the HUD blinking to life inside. It isn't much, but he's able to whisper into his helm "Identify, friendly." as he looks at each person. There is no outward appearance of anything going on though. He reaches across to make sure his sword is loose enough to draw easily. Then he waits for the convoy to proceede.

Victor just got up in the saddle, damn it. That doesn't mean he isn't quick to lean forward, slip a leg over the back of the horse, and drop heavily back down to the ground, "You're a god among men, Wall." He passes the horse off to a passing man-at-arms with directs to return it to the stables, and then makes his way over to the nearest crawler with room, climbing up the side eagerly, "Too fucking smart." He shrugs his broad, armored shoulders at Ellinor, "Yeah, so?"

"They're putting us where we can't be dangerous." Gwain makes this remark to Victor as he moves his horse with the convoy, the man dismounting and skittering up to take position atop it. "But I don't think I can crash this, so I should be okay." Gwain settles into position soon enough, much more comfortable.

Rocking in his saddle with the cybernetically enhanced gait of his horse, Nitrim holds the reigns in one hand and slips along behind the rest of the group. A certain…color has returned to his skin that he's lacked in years, and he's slipped a dark pair of glasses over his eyes to hide them from the sun. He sniffs in, brushing his forearm over the tip of his nose with a wave of thinly-rolled cigar smoke. He keeps to the back of the group, tall neck shifting to keep an eye on the horizon as he remains quiet and watchful.

As Nitrim approaches Thalo offers a nod his direction, moving his horse towards the front of the convoy, "Johana, you and your squire are up front with me. Eillor, take rear guard with Lord Nitrim there." He pauses a moment and looks to Nitrim, "Normally I'd tell you to put out that cigar on a patrol, but for what we are doing today, it might help." He points off down the road, "Let's get moving." And with that, he moves his horse off into a canter down the road.

Without questioning the decision, Johana jerks her head towards the squire, indicating for him to join her and Thalo at the front. "Yes, Sir," she agrees immediately, riding up beside him, setting off at a canter alongside, not speaking much at the moment, though she does look back to make sure Michael was there.

Michael falls into place with Johana and Thalo at the front of the convoy. He only turns his head enough to get a good view of the various parts of the near and far landscapes. His helmet can't detect shapes more than a few paces a way so he's at a loss there, and it can't catch noises farther than several yards out. He hopes the more advanced and complex AI's and instruments of Johana's and Thalo's armors will make up for the lack of his.

Victor nods at Gwain, "Where we can't slow them the fuck down by falling off our horses. Man wasn't meant to ride." He looks over to the lady knights, then smirks inside his helmet, "Not horses." He stomps his way up to the front of the crawler, just behind the cockpit, and hefts his axe from his side, pointing it forward and claiming, "Drive me closer, I wanna hit them with my axe."

Once Gwain's gotten situated he keeps eyes on the road ahead, only occasionally peeking at the other knights in procession to make sure nobody is vanishing when he isn't looking. Otherwise, he's fiddling with his weapon, a crossbow that he sets to loading and lays across his lap for the trip. At least he gets to see something new!

Ellinor smirks toward Victor. "Lazy bastard," is all she says before she heels her horse, Merrymaker offering a pleased little whinny before he starts to trot forward with a flick of his tail. She glances over toward the gathering of Khourni with the sole Iceman amongst them, so she offers Gwain a bit of a wink.

Nitrim raises his head towards Thalo, the giant wall-of-man that he is and listens intently. He smirks, ashing his cigarette in response to the man, and slips it back between his teeth. His ringed fingers come to his sword, checking its sheath, and then he slows just a little to allow the separation of forward and rear guards. "I wonder what he's got in mind, then…" He says to himself, absentmindedly, ticking a sharp, upward nod to his cousin Victor. As Ellinor nears, he smirks towards her. "You know, Sir Thalo was born of man and crawler…" He muses dryly, continuing his ride.

The convoy moves off down the road and things are pretty smooth to start with. The men in the crawler keep it moving straightish, and the others on horseback continue on their way. Thalo keeps himself alert for now, having slipped his helmet on. "Has your squire ever been on an escort, Ana?" he looks over to Michael and hrms quietly, seeming to assess the man. The way ahead looks clear for a while still.

Victor tucks away his crossbow again once they get started, having drawn the amusement he intended with the statement. He shakes his helmeted head at Ellinor, "Don't say things like that about my mother. Carron, sure," yes, he calls his father by his first name, now that the bastard is dead, "but not my mother. I'm legitimately fucking lazy." He nods to Nitrim, "And it takes a real sick son-of-a-bitch to sleep with a damned crawler." For all his sarcasm and bluster, he kneels down atop the crawler's cargo to steady himself and keep an eye out on the surroundings.

Tap tap tap. Gwain's fingers drum against the haft of his crossbow, eyes still on the surrounding landscape. One might hope he can actually use that thing, considering the penchant for Orelle knights and vassals to be bad at shooting things. Close-quarter habitats and all that. Ellinor's wink is met with a polite grin, the Iah knight bobbing his head once. "I think that would be awkward." His thoughts on crawler-human coital activity are very somberly offered.

Ellinor glances toward Nitrim at his words, and she offers a quick laugh. "Don't let him hear you say that," she says wisely to the young Khournas as they square up to begin the escort. She twists her fingers up against the mane of her horse, playing with the soft hairs as she guides Merrymaker forward.

"That or the crawler ran faster than his father did." Nitrim replies, snorting out a small stream of smoke from his nostrils. One of his slender brows peek up over the rim of his sunglasses, rather pleased with himself for that one. Quietly, he clears his throat and ashes the small cigar into the wind. The ground is used to ashes. He scritches his claw-ringed fingers through his scalp. "Better not let him hear that either."

Michael turns his head to Thalo, "I have not Sir Thalo, I was laid up in a hospital bed when Sir Corbin went on the one escort she was put on." he looks to Johana for a moment before turning his head again to scan the areas and secretly wish he could afford more powerful and protective armor.

"Michael hasn't yet, Thalo, so I thought I'd get him in some practice. He's not done any sort of patrols yet, but we'll get him broken in." Atop her large destrier, Johana looks over at Michael briefly and offers an encouraging smile. "You'll do fine, I have faith in you." Flipping her visor down now, the eyes begin glowing red as she communicates with her AI, glancing over at Thalo, she does smile, but now he just can't see it.

They crawl/ride along this road for well over an hour. Idle chit chat is like to come and go here and there. It is a bit after noon when Thalo calls a halt to the line near a stream, "Let's rest, water the horses for a bit." he declares and draws his horse to a halt. He looks over towards the others and waits to make sure they are also slowing to a halt.

Victor leans forward, patting the side of the crawler he's riding, "Don't know, Ell-Tee, my horse is just fine. Feels like it could go on forever." The engine chooses that moment to cough and sputter before it catches again, and Victor hops off the back of the crawler to kick the nearest tire, "Stupid fucking thing can't handle a little ash. There's a reason I like walking places. I didn't see shit on the way in. Anyone else spot anything?"

"Sure, Thalo," Johana agrees, flipping up her visor once again, leading her horse to the stream before dismounting, giving the animal a break as she watches him drink from the stream, holding the lead lightly. Looking back at Michael, she grins and offers him the lead, "Will you hold this? I'm going to walk around a few minutes." After a quick glance at Victor, she shakes her head. "I haven't seen anything so far." Amused when he seems to be having a bit of trouble. Giving Michael another skeptical look she shakes her head. "By choice?" Chuckling at the quiet conversation he had been trying to have.

"My Gods… babysitting Sophie is more eventful than this," Ellinor announces as she flicks up her own visor to reveal those calm green eyes and pale freckles. She glances over to Nitrim whom she has been engaging in friendly, superficial conversation with — mostly mocking Thalo in the same good-naturedness of most Knights. "I wonder if Victor complains about everything." And she casts the Khournas cousin a dubious look.

Michael takes the lead from Johana, his own visor flipped up now. There is a faint blush, "It was one dinner with Lady Sophie, and perhaps two and some shopping with Sir Viannea. I hardly call that dating. Besides, Lorelei said no to me." he shakes his head slightly.

With a whickering sound clicked off of his tongue, Nitrim eases his horse to a halt and slides off of the saddle. "Good girl…" He pats the horse's mane and leads her to where the others in the rear are tying them up. He shows a certain, careful care of the beast, even if it has been enhanced to make her faster, stronger. It's a far more sturdy creature than he. Once she's settled, he settles into his own lean against one of the crawlers, one boot to the dirt and the other propped up against a fender with his wrist dangling limply over the hilt of his sword. "Nothing by my count, Cousin, aside from ash and sky." He calls out, then gives Ellinor a sidelong look. "Victor's a good man. Sophie's a good girl. She cares greatly for you, you know."

Gwain, much like Victor, doesn't have to worry about horses to water. He seems to settle with watering himself, though. Troubles with the crawler are blissfully ignored as the knight sips from his canteen. "I saw a rock or two, but they didn't look very suspicious." Another drink and the man muses, "I wonder if these horses have ever had clean water. Maybe the minerals are good for them."

Victor draws from the water inside his suit, "Another reason that horses shouldn't be dragged around the Waste." Catching the conversation between Ellinor and Nitrim, he snorts aloud, "Just anything that keeps me from having a good time." Which lately, means killing the hell out of Hostiles. "Sophie? The little slip of nothing I've heard is trying to get herself killed? She wants that, it's easy enough to find."

Thalo moves off his horse now, taking it to the stream as well. He hands Michael the reins, not really asking him to hold them, just giving them to him. He stretches his legs a bit, moving around the area. His steps take him to the crawler and he nods to Victor, "Keep your eyes open here." he turns now, "Michael, grab that sack out of my right saddle bag. There's some good jerky in there, we should get some food in us, long ride ahead."

Michael doesn't argue the reins being given to him. He is a squire and it's his job, when Thalo speaks he nods, and quickly does as instructed. He ties of the horses, and offers the bag to Thalo so he can choose a piece or take the whole bag. "Should I distribute some to everyone sir? I have food in my pack I can share as well if it would liked."

"I know Sophie is a good girl," Ellinor says to Nitrim with a hint of dryness. "The problem is that she has no idea what she is getting into. She thinks this is fun. She laughs at it." She glances toward Nitrim. "There is no glee, Lord Nitrim." She shrugs her shoulders a bit. "If she wants to join the war front, she has to grow up first. You tell her she can't do something, she stomps her foot and demands she can. You tell her that she has lots to learn, she says she's just as good as everyone else." She rolls her shoulders a bit. "If she cared about me, she would respect what I do. Who I am. She doesn't." She guides Merrymaker along, murmuring something to him as they do.

"Fuck she did it?" Nitrim curses, immediately looking to Ellinor for confirmation. His brows knit together and he gives a disappointed shake of his head. Biting down the urge to light a fresh cigar, he instead starts to fiddle with the pendant around his neck, as if feening for some old addiction. "I suggested she be your support, take it slow, play the accountability game. Bloody lot of good that did." He tilts his head over to Victor. "She'll be headed to the Drake Mountains."

Once Michael has the reins of both hers and Thalo's mount, Johana stands beside The Wall. "He's a good guy." Stopping herself just before calling Michael kid, forgetting his age for a bit. She does laugh in response to the squire. "Well… a man has to do what a man has to do, but use ah… protection, alright?" Only then does she make the connection. "Lady Sophie?" Widening her eyes, she looks towards Ellinor and shakes her head. "Well.. " Oops. "Have you met Sir Ellinor, Michael?"

Victor nods to Thalo, hauling himself up onto the back of the crawler again, "You got it." He scans the horizon, "Vera, toss up a caret if you spot anything I miss." Not likely, but who knows. Looking down to Nitrim, he shakes his head, "There's no fuckin' reason to go into the Drake Mountains right now. All the Hostiles are down here so far. Trip up there is just a waste of time and manpower."

Michael nods slightly, "I met Sir Ellinor only briefly in the park when we all met there." he turns to Ellinor, "Sir Ellinor… Lady Sophie said she wanted to speak to you, and I think she has. However, I was hoping to speak to you as well about what she might have spoken to you about." he looks up to Nitrim when he speaks, noting that the man knows. He waits for Ellinor to see if she'll speak with him.

Gwain is observing most of this with idle curiosity, pressing the cork of his canteen back into place and slinging it beside him. He'll eat a bit too, then go back to fiddling with his gear. Nervous plucks on the bowstring, a few idle beats in rhythm against the crawler.

"Wait, what's the problem?" Anabethe had been checking with one of the drivers, preferring just about any other mode of transportation to riding one of those suspect horse creatures. "Sophie start doing something stupid again, or was it the other sister?" she asks Ellinor, crouching down to splash some water over her face.

"She's fucking doing what?" Ellinor says to Nitrim as he brings up the Drake Mountains, and she throws up her hands in frustration. "Of course its fucking Sophie," the Knight says to Anabethe before she latches those fiery green eyes on Michael. "Yeah. She told me all about her fucking stupid idea of marching up into the Drake Mountains because of some dream that suggests she's suppose to get captured. Alive. And she thinks it is by Hostiles." She bears her teeth, showing off those whites aggressively. "Tell me, have we ever heard of Hostiles taking anyone alive? Ever?"

"For once it's nice to not be the nexus." Nitrim murmurs under his breath, the muscles at his neck tightening as he turns to look over to Michael. His eyes focus on the man and he quiets, gazing at him for a long moment before turning to his sister. "Lady Sophie's gone of—" He quiets when Ellinor ourbursts, cringing unto himself. "Sir Ellinor. I gave her a different interpretation of the dream but she's rather eager to prove herself to her line. I advised against this." A beat. "We'll get her back to you."

Victor turns his head down to Ellinor at her rant, then shakes his head, carefully steadying it before he notes, "Vera, 360-view, 180-degrees per tier, two tiers." This lets him scan the entire area without actually moving his head. In fact, he has to be careful not to move his head at all to avoid enormous disorientation. "No one's stupid enough to think the Hostiles would take captives. At least, no one fucking should be."

The ambiguous way that Michael speaks with Ellinor brings a frown to the Ibrahm and she looks between the two until Ellinor explodes. Instead of inputting on that immediately, she allows her stern gaze to rest on Michael, the question there. "Did you influence her in any way?" The question is flatly spoken as she walks back towards her squire. "You must have known the folly of this. Why wasn't I alerted?" Giving Ellinor an apologetic look before eyeing Michael again. "You realize doing that would be death, right?"

Michael cringes slightly at Ellinor's outburst, he goes quiet for a moment, then speaks to Ellinor. "Sir, I gave her clear reasons why she shouldn't go… if she has gone against all our advice, I offer to go in any sort of attempt to bring her back." he looks to Johana, "I know when a plan is folly, and this one is a pretty stupid plan." he looks to Nitrim for a moment before looking back to Johana then to Ellinor. "I was against this plan the minute I heard it."

"She's trying to get taken by Hostiles?" Anabethe's brows furrow, a frown drawing her lips down as she looks to Nitrim. "Have I told you lately that I love you?" With a clap to her brother's shoulder, she shakes her head, looking back to Ellinor. "Don't suppose she gave you a heads up on just what part of the mountains? That's a big field to go poking in."

"I don't really see how it's impossible that they'd take captives." This Gwain feels the need to pipe up at. "We still haven't engaged them that much, nobody is positive how they're fighting. People who are alive can talk about important stuff. People who are dead don't have any secrets to tell. It'd be the smart thing to do."

Ellinor sets her jaw. "You better be telling me the truth, Michael… because if I find out that you have been feeding my sister's delusions… I will show you what the Khourni temper looks like." Then she breathes out a sigh, casting a glance toward Johana. "Sorry, Ana." Then she looks toward the others, rolling her shoulders back a bit.

Rarely does Johana repeat herself, yet she does this time. "Why was I not alerted?" Lifting her helm off her head, her red hair spills free and she narrows a piercing blue gaze at her squire. Lifting her eyes to Gwain she frowns. "Have you ever seen a scout attack people for no reason? Have you ever seen them kill for no reason? Have you ever even seen battle with them?" Absently she shakes her head, "No need for apologies, Ellinor."

"You're rather one of the few, Sister." Nitrim's lips part in a toothy grin as he clamps his hand down over his sister's, giving it a firm shake. He then rubs at his twitching eyelid and swivels his head back to Ellinor. "Ladies and Lords, please…" Nitrim raises his voice just a little to get their attention. His tone shifts, speaking as if he's discussing the weather. "She's applied a tracking device to herself to use her Ladyship as bait so that Sir Drakefire can chase her to the mountains and save her. It's simple. Get to her before the Hostile lock onto the tracking device and we'll be back at home before dinner." Nitrim is an asshat.

<FS3> Victor rolls Alertness: Failure.
<FS3> Victor rolls Alertness: Good Success.
Victor spends 1 luck points on Alertness.
<OOC> Thalo will roll the stealth too, just to see.
<FS3> Thalo rolls 9+3: Good Success.
<FS3> Thalo rolls 9+3: Amazing Success.
<FS3> Thalo rolls 9+3: Great Success.
<FS3> Thalo rolls 9+3: Good Success.
<OOC> Thalo says, "And…give me one more please victor"
<OOC> Thalo says, "Just for a tiebreaker on the last two."
<FS3> Victor rolls Alertness: Success.
<FS3> Thalo rolls Alertness: Failure.
<FS3> Thalo rolls 9+3: Good Success.
<FS3> Thalo rolls 9+3: Good Success.

Michael nods to Ellinor, "I expressed my understanding for why she wants to go, but I told her it was a bad plan and why. I asked that she instead focus on something else, like trying to teach me to use a bow in the safety of a city." he shakes his head and looks to Johana, "Lady Sophie swore me to not speak of it unless she made it public. I had hoped to speak with you about it, but…" he sighs, "I'm sorry, I had hoped to convince her away from this."

Victor shifts his head down a little at the continued furor below the crawler, which sends his view swirling all around. Blinking hard, he just misses the blur of motion that shows up on one part of his compressed viewscreen, "Shit. Just lock her the fuck up until she grows up."

<COMBAT> Victor has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Michael has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Victor has changed armor to aggressor armor.
<COMBAT> Thalo has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Victor has changed weapons to bludgeon.
<COMBAT> Anabethe has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Nitrim has changed armor to psychometric armor.
<COMBAT> Michael has changed armor to Light Combat Armor.
<COMBAT> Nitrim has changed weapons to psychometry.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed weapons to great_bludgeon.
<COMBAT> Anabethe has changed weapons to polearm.
<COMBAT> Ellinor has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed armor to defender_armor.
<COMBAT> Ellinor has changed armor to Defender_Armor.
<COMBAT> Ellinor has changed weapons to Sword.
<COMBAT> Johana has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Anabethe has changed armor to defender armor.
<COMBAT> Gwain has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Hostile1 will attack Gwain this turn. (Victor)
<COMBAT> Hostile11 will attack Victor this turn. (Victor)
<COMBAT> Hostile12 will attack Anabethe this turn. (Victor)
<COMBAT> Hostile13 will attack Johana this turn. (Victor)
<COMBAT> Gwain has changed armor to Light Combat Armor.
<COMBAT> Gwain has changed weapons to Crossbow.

<COMBAT> Hostile13 attacks Johana with Hand Crossbow - Moderate wound to Neck.
<COMBAT> Hostile13's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Nitrim passes.
<COMBAT> Johana passes.
<COMBAT> Hostile11 attacks Victor with Hand Crossbow but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile11's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Victor passes.
<COMBAT> Thalo passes.
<COMBAT> Michael passes.
<COMBAT> Anabethe passes.
<COMBAT> Hostile12 attacks Anabethe with Hand Crossbow - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile12's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Hostile1 attacks Gwain with Hand Crossbow but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile1's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Gwain passes.
<COMBAT> Ellinor passes.
<COMBAT> Thalo has started a new turn. Pose and choose your action.

Amidst the arguing, no one heard the rustling. Amidst the bickering, no one saw the blurs and shadows move. Amidst the folly, no one saw the volley of steel ribbons that came screaming out of the treeline. Four of them for those who were counting. From further up the tree line, more hostiles come out of the tree line, holding melee weapons.

Thalo blinks as those steel ribbons blur past, "Ambush!" he calls out and whips his hammer out of its craddle, "Spike, track targets, we're under attack!" His eyelighs glow red and the haft of his hammer extends out into a two handed weapon. The Wall hefts it up and moves into the fray.

"No?" Gwain fidgets for a second under Johana's gaze when she asks her question. "Is this…a trick question?" Then there are Hostiles! Shooting! Gwain lets out a hiss of surprise as a crossbow bolt goes flying past his head, the long man ducking down, grabbing for his own weapon. "Contact!" He sends that out over the radio, just in case somebody missed the fact everyone might be dying soon.

Ellinor is obviously too distracted by the fact she might be on the brink of killing Michael because the Hostiles have arrived. She turns her head sharply around at Thalo's words, and immediately she pulls her sword from her belt with a hiss of steal. The drake-headed hilt is given a firm squeeze as she draws up her opposite gauntlet, sending her hard light shield to life with a pop of translucent orange.

It's hard to miss the attack when someone hits you upside the head with a bolt. Anabethe spins at the ding against her helmet, searching for the source of the attack. "Shields, wall!" she barks, voice clear and ringing. "Circle up, guards up!" With a flick of her wrist, her shield flares to life, and she reaches out to pull Nitrim next to her.

One moment? Sophie. The next? CHAOS. Whatever Nitrim is about to say is cut short by a sudden, grave look on his face as he quickly ends his lean on the crawler's fender. His sword snaps out of its sheath and the earth around his feet cracks and chars as his Awakened aura flares into place. A writhing, twisting serpent of fire swims around his body, its many tongues licking the flames that trail in his path. "Looks like that time's come, Sister…" Dragged into place with Anabethe, he lashes out his hand out towards one of the incoming, fingertips flicking towards it like he's tossing a cigarette away.

Michael blinks suddenly as a bolt flys into Johana from nowhere and Thalo bellows out, followed by Anabethe. His eyes and face lose their emotion, and with a flick of his head his visor shuts. He draws his blade and moves to stand in the wall.

As the attacks come in, and Victor's AI Vera helpfully — and well too late — adds carets over the attackers. "Thanks, Vera." Thankfully, AIs don't understand sarcasm that well, "Normal view." And as the Hostiles advance quickly, Victor takes three quick steps to gather speed, and then leaps off the back of the crawler, thumbing his axe into its long-hafted, two-handed form and bringing it up over his head as he leaps. The others snap orders. Victor gives an inarticulate bellow, his armor switching to fiery, demonic skin, complete with a skull face with its ruddy skin peeled back from the bone and muscle.

Unsuspecting, a bolt strikes her, leaving it too late for her to don her helm, but the rest of her body is covered with her armor. Drawing her blade, she wields it as she goes after the Hostile who seems intent on destroying her. She does take the time to direct one of the knights. "There Gwain. Go talk to them now! I'm sure they'll listen!"

<COMBAT> Victor has changed weapons to great bludgeon.
<COMBAT> Nitrim will attack Hostile20 this turn.
<COMBAT> Anabethe has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Victor has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Victor will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Ellinor has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Michael has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Ellinor will attack Hostile20 this turn.
<COMBAT> Anabethe will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Gwain will attack Hostile1 this turn. Options: called=head
<COMBAT> Michael will attack Hostile20 this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile20 will attack Johana this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile21 will attack Nitrim this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile22 will attack Ellinor this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Thalo will attack Hostile20 this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile1 will reload this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile11 will reload this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile12 will reload this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile13 will reload this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile20 this turn.
<COMBAT> Ellinor will attack Hostile22 this turn.
<COMBAT> Johana has changed armor to aggressor armor.
<COMBAT> Johana has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Johana has changed weapons to greatsword.
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile20 this turn.

<COMBAT> Nitrim attacks Hostile20 with Psychometry but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile20 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile20 attacks Johana with Sword - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile12 finishes reloading.
<COMBAT> Hostile11 finishes reloading.
<COMBAT> Hostile1 finishes reloading.
<COMBAT> Gwain attacks Hostile1 with Crossbow and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Gwain's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile22 with Sword - ARMOR on Neck stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile21 with Great Bludgeon - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile20 with Great Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Michael attacks Hostile20 with Sword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile22 attacks Ellinor with Bludgeon - Light wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile21 attacks Nitrim with Polearm - Moderate wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile13 finishes reloading.
<COMBAT> Anabethe attacks Hostile21 with Polearm - ARMOR on Left Hand stops the attack!

The Drakefire Knight charges into the fray with her sword drawn and shield up. She swings her blade toward the Hostile, though she feels the resistance as it strikes the armor. She is rewarded for her efforts however as she feels the pain at her throat, the Hostile's weapon crushing against the side of her neck. She breathes in a wheezing breath before she turns to readjust herself.

Anabethe shies away for half a moment when Nitrim lights up. It's a natural enough reaction to flaming snakes, but it gives the Hostile attacker an opening to take advantage of. Though the Khournas heir tries to compensate, she isn't quite fast enough to stop it. The blade of her halberd clangs off the Hostile's guarding hand, and with a shout of frustration, she shifts to move in front of her brother as she presses the attack.

The air hisses past Nitrim's fingertips, sending a wave of force from his hand that sends the ground between himself and his target exploding with loose dirt and ash. The Hostile manages out of the way, and Nitrim is distracted by a shadow coming from his side. The polarm comes in fast, stabbing through Nitrim's shielding and biting into his stomach. His aura flares, the slithering serpent of fire hissing towards the Hostile as Nitrim pivots, slamming an open palm towards his attacker with an angry roar.

Gwain would like to discuss the semantics of his argument! But also there are people shooting at him, so he's more concerned with that. The knight raises his crossbow, snapping off a panicked shot that goes wide. Before he can tell how badly that went he scrambles off the crawler, toppling down behind cover and grabbing at another arrow to reload his weapon. He does his best to keep track of the little dots spackled across his helmet as he locks the bolt into place.

Victor slams his axe into the torso of one of the advancing Hostiles, the thing's armor soaking up most of the impact. But there's still a smear of some dark fluid on the bearded blade when he lands in a whump of boots on ash, sending up a little ripple of blown gray grit around him. He takes a moment to recover, and then he's spotting the nearest of the careted scouts, "You got this motherfucker, Beth?" He doesn't really wait for a response, but goes pounding off after the shooters, his left shoulder lowered to provide the greatest possible amount of curved plates toward them and the least amount of joints and sections of kevlar cloth.

Seeing the bolt strike Johana, and then another Hostile come at her, Thalo does what Thalo does best, he tries to get in the way. The huge Khourni charges head long, ramming a shoulder into the hostile and spinning as he comes off of it to slam his hammer into hostile's chest. "Gwain, Michael, go with Victor! Deal with those shooters!" he bellows out, "We will handle these bastards!"

Having taken a defensive stance to perhaps keep Johana from any more stray bolts, she comes out to attack the Hostile he'd also choosen to attack. Michael waits, and Johana takes to the attack before he does. His attempt to help does quite do so. When Thalo orders him to move to fight the scouts, he nods to Thalo and moves to do as ordered. Taking an aggresive stance with his shield in the process.

With the help of the others now, Johana seems to be making headway with the one swinging his blade at her. Her armor stops the next hit even as she makes a slash against the middle of the Hostile, trying to find a weak spot isn't so easily done. As Thalo tries to take the attention off of her, she fights alongside him. "Trying to make me owe you two lives?" Ana jokes mildly, her voice soft, her neck bleeding where it had sliced into her, but wasn't stuck in her flesh at least.

<COMBAT> Hostile1 will attack Victor this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile11 will attack Ellinor this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Victor will pass this turn.
<COMBAT> Victor has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Gwain will reload this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile12 will attack Michael this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile13 will attack Anabethe this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Michael has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Anabethe will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Nitrim will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Nitrim has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Michael will attack Hostile1 this turn.
<COMBAT> Nitrim will spend luck on attack this turn.
<COMBAT> Michael has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Michael will pass this turn.
<COMBAT> Gwain will reload this turn.

<COMBAT> Hostile21 attacks Nitrim with Polearm - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile13 attacks Anabethe with Hand Crossbow - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile13's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Victor passes.
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile20 with Greatsword but Hostile20 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile11 attacks Ellinor with Hand Crossbow - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile11's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Hostile1 attacks Victor with Hand Crossbow and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile1's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Gwain finishes reloading.
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile22 with Sword - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile20 with Great Bludgeon - Serious wound to Left Arm.
<COMBAT> Nitrim attacks Hostile21 with Psychometry - Light wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Michael passes.
<COMBAT> Hostile22 attacks Ellinor with Bludgeon but Ellinor DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile20 attacks Johana with Sword - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile12 attacks Michael with Hand Crossbow - Serious wound to Right Leg.
<COMBAT> Hostile12's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Anabethe attacks Hostile21 with Polearm - Serious wound to Abdomen.

<COMBAT> Michael has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Nitrim has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Nitrim spends a luck point to keep fighting!

Ellinor recovers quickly from her aching wound at her throat, turning all her anger and aggression into positive energy against her hostile foe. She sweeps around, cutting across the strange and almost organic tissue of its chest beneath the armored plates. This also allows her to seamlessly duck out of the way of the Hostile's bludgeoning weapon.

"Got it!" Anabethe shouts to Victor as the other knight starts barreling toward the scouts. Resolved, she keeps her shield up, thrusting hard at the attacking Hostile. She's rewarded with the screech of metal against metal as her halberd rakes into the Hostile's belly, spilling some of whatever it is they have inside of them. "Hold steady!" she calls to the rest of the line, bracing herself for another attack. In the rush of battle, she hardly even notices the second ding across her helmet.

Michael following orders, he moves out towards the scouts. A bolt from one of them flys just under his shield and into his right leg. It strikes deeply and he staggers, before going to one knee. He hides behind his shield for now no knowing if he'll be able to continue he's rather pinned down for now.

Swinging her sword with both hands, Johana is still unable to hurt the Hostile, but Thalo in between them also stops the Hostile from hurting her any further. When Thalo strikes the Hostile and seriously, I mean seriously, damages it, she glances over briefly and smiles. "Way to go!" Though the words are brief, she doesn't have more time before swinging again.

Nitrim pivots hard on his hip, swinging his palm around to the Hostile and flashing a wave of fire over the hostile, but the effect is too little, too late. The polarm strikes in again, slamming itself into Nitrim's abdomen and shoving him back. He nearly stumbles over onto his back, and he brings his sword arm to try to defend itse—someone calls out in pain. "Bethe! Keep him the FUCK off of me!" He calls out, bloody hand to his stomach. He reaches out to Michael's mind, who he's recently touched mentally. GET UP. MOVE!

The Hostile scouts continue to shoot their steel ribbons from behind bushes in the trees. One finds an axe wielding Khourni upon it and it falls back, drawing a blade to defend itself.

Thalo watches as Nitrim and Michael both go down. Even as Nitrim gets up he grunts, "Dammit, someone get that Squire on his feet!" And he then steps infront of the hostile attacking Johana, slamming his hammer into its arm with a sickening crunch. "Ana, go help Nitrim! I've got this one." He plants himself firmly between it and her. The Hostile, seeming to have realized that the Wall is the bigger threat, focuses its attention on him instead.

Gwain uses a crossbow precisely to avoid doing things like this. This being running head-first into a wall of Hostiles. When the order is given Gwain hesitates only the barest second before he shots out of cover and joins in the charge. He's yelling about something. About Iah, maybe? There's a lot of 'aaaaa' involved. His AI is nice enough to filter most of it out. When Michael takes that arrow Gwain goes stumbling to grab the man, attempting to yank him to his feet. "Get up!"

A streak of steel goes whipping past his helmet, and Victor laughs aloud, "You're fucked now, asshole." His axe his held low at his side as he rushes across the intervening space. Something is off, though, with one of those charging with him no longer off his shoulder, "Come on, all of you!" He whips the axe over his head in a wide circle as he approaches, trying to draw the attention of the scouts amongst the trees.

<COMBAT> Victor has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Victor will attack Hostile1 this turn.
<COMBAT> Gwain will rally Michael this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile1 has changed weapons to sword. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile1 will attack Victor this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile11 will reload this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile12 will reload this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile13 will reload this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Anabethe will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile21 will attack Gwain this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Nitrim will rally Michael this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile20 will attack Thalo this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed stance to normal.
<COMBAT> Anabethe has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Gwain has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Hostile11 has changed weapons to Sword. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile11 will attack Victor this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile11 this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile11 has changed stance to aggressive. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Victor has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile22 this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile21 will attack Anabethe this turn. (Thalo)

<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile22 with Sword - ARMOR on Right Leg stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile13 finishes reloading.
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile1 with Great Bludgeon - Critical wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Michael passes.
<COMBAT> Hostile20 attacks Thalo with Sword - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile20 with Great Bludgeon - Serious wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Nitrim attempts to rally Michael and SUCCEEDS. Michael is back in the fight!
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile22 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile22 attacks Ellinor with Bludgeon - Light wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile21 attacks Anabethe with Polearm and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile12 finishes reloading.
<COMBAT> Hostile11 attacks Victor with Sword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile1 attacks Victor with Sword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Gwain attempts to rally Michael but they are not KO'd.
<COMBAT> Anabethe attacks Hostile21 with Polearm - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).

<COMBAT> Hostile20 has been KO'd!

Needing no further encouragement, Johana nods, "You got this, Thalo.." She leaves that one for Thalo and heads towards Nitrim. Only… she passes Ellinor fighting her own battle and attempts to help her instead…

"On that!" Anabethe calls back to Nitrim, shifting to engage the Hostile more closely, trying to lead it away from her brother. There's a flurry of blows between the polearms, staffs a blur to anyone who can see, as the pair fights. Anabethe is light on her feet, flexible, and while she scores another hit across the Hostile's chest, it isn't enough to dig in and unearth the rest of what lies beneath its armor. Still, the Hostile isn't even that lucky, blade whiffing past Anabethe's ear.

The words from Nitrim slice through his zone and wake him from the tactical stance of pinned down defence. When Gwain shows up and helps him to his feet, Michael shifts in stance and nods his thanks to Gwain. "Thanks." he can't spare tme for now to look back towards Nitrim. He turns to focus on the Hostile scout that fired at him.

Gwain, once he does his part in dragging Michael along, goes back to charging. At least Michael's fall seems to have helped distract him from all this messing going on for a little bit.

Nitrim feels Michael's mind stir, and pulls his presence away from the man. Like many things in life, the first second tells Nitrim whether or not he's succeeded. It's the best that he can do. The serpent wrapped around him flares and he points his hand over Anabethe's shoulder to the one with the polearm…the one that must die.

Another one bites the dust, literally. Thalo slams that hammer into the hostile before him so hard it flies back a good five feet before landing in a crumpled heap on the ground. The archers have reloaded, though two have pulled how swords to take on Victor. And then, just as it seems like things are going well, on the other side of the road, two more hostiles come out from behind them, still 25 meters down the road, but moving in at a solid pace. One is much more heavily armored than the other, but both make for an intimidating sight…Thalo turns in time to see them grunting a bit, "We've got incoming!" He moves off in their direction, taking a swing at the Hostile attacking Anabethe on his way.

Victor whips his axe around to slam it into the first Hostile that comes after him, knocking it aside for a moment and then slapping aside a sword-thrust to send it skimming away from his armor, "Come on you little shits…" Okay, so they're actually taller than him. "You're fat, you're slow, and you…" he recoils ostentatiously, "…you smell like piss." And then the others reach the fight, and he laughs, "What's the matter, boys, one of you trip?"

<COMBAT> Ellinor has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Ellinor has changed weapons to Greatsword.
<COMBAT> Gwain has changed stance to normal.
<COMBAT> Nitrim has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Nitrim will attack Hostile21 this turn. Options: called=Neck
<COMBAT> Gwain will attack Hostile1 this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile12 will attack Nitrim this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Victor will attack Hostile11 this turn.
<COMBAT> Gwain will attack Hostile12 this turn.
<COMBAT> Nitrim has changed stance to normal.
<COMBAT> Hostile13 will attack Nitrim this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Anabethe will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Michael has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Michael will attack Hostile1 this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile3 has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile23 has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile3 has changed weapons to Great_bludgeon. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile23 has changed weapons to greatsword. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile23 has changed armor to combat_armor. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile3 has changed armor to defender_armor. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Thalo will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Ellinor will attack Hostile22 this turn.

<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile21 with Great Bludgeon - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile21 attacks Anabethe with Polearm - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Nitrim attacks Hostile21 with Psychometry - Moderate wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Michael attacks Hostile1 with Sword - Critical wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile22 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile12 attacks Anabethe with Hand Crossbow but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile12's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Hostile11 attacks Victor with Sword but Victor DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile1 attacks Victor with Sword - ARMOR on Right Leg stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile22 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile11 with Great Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile3 passes.
<COMBAT> Hostile23 passes.
<COMBAT> Hostile22 attacks Ellinor with Bludgeon - Serious wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Gwain attacks Hostile12 with Crossbow but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Gwain's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Anabethe attacks Hostile21 with Polearm - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile13 attacks Nitrim with Hand Crossbow - Light wound to Left Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile13's weapon clicks empty.

<COMBAT> Ellinor has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Hostile1 has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Ellinor spends a luck point to keep fighting!

Fighting side by side with his sister, Anabethe, Nitrim's fingers extend out from beneath his coat and…flick at the Hostile with the polarm. A howling wind rushes over Anabethe's shoulder, connecting down the line of her own weapon. The dent that she just made with her polearm suddenly punches in, as if hit by an imaginary cannonball, and the Hostile's chest erupts in a spray of blood and chemicals that splatters everyone nearby. His aura bares its fangs and Nitrim turns on his heel, punching his fist toward the ground.

His zone was broken, the pain, fear… JOY, of the fight course through his mind. There's a sudden look of excitement in his eyes as he faces the wounded Hostile. He sees an opening and thrusts hard into the creature's chest, the thing actually manages to swing at Victor and the movement helps free Michael's sword from his chest. Michael turns to face the next Hostile who's drawn a new weapon and moves to face him.

Anabethe and her opponent trade blows, though neither leaves a mark on the other, as another of those suspicious bolts whizzes past the Khournas knight. "Getting a little tired of the pot shots," she snarls as she slams into the Hostile's armor, searching for a weak spot. As Nitrim's attack follows her own, she breaks into a grin, though. "Nice!" she shouts back, lowering her voice to her own suit. "Alert if enemies close with Nitrim." Because, you know. Have to keep an eye out.

Ellinor drops her shield, hands coming together on her sword to increase her strength behind her next swing as she aims to add another slash across the Hostile's chest. She succeeds, though it proves to be for naught as it in turn tries to slash open her belly. Blood trickles out through the split metal of her armor, and she is certain that she will be in pain for days in the wake of that. She almost collapses, but somehow manages to dig in her feet and hold herself upright in the face of the foe.

Gwain shoots! Gwain does not score. Another crossbow bolt flies from the tall knight's weapon as he rushes forward at one of the hostiles wielding a similar ranged weapon, the bolt flying wide as the crossbow is jostled around in the charge.

When it seems Ellinor has things back under control, Johana sees another one coming at her and she hurriedly tugs on her helmet and swings her greatsword at the Hostile, aiming directly for his head.

Moving off towards the new entrants to the chaos, Thalo slams his hammer almost idly at the hostile attacking Anabethe. He connects, but it doesn't seem to phase the creature. He keeps moving though ducking past a hostile and closing in on the more heavily armored one. The other splits off and goes after Johana now. "Spike, tag targets, ten percent bleed on ally movements, thirty on target." he glances towards Johana as he's right near her now, "On your six!" he calls out and moves in to slam his hammer into the Elite hostile.

Victor sends another sword-strike clattering away with the haft of his axe, kicking his right knee up to slam his knee-guard into the descending sword of another scout, catching it early in the swing and robbing the blow of power. The upward thrust of his knee turns into an aggressive step forward, and he chops his axe down into the shoulder of the sword-wielding Hostile, "That's right. Come on, you can't touch the demon. Bring it." As Michael comes into his previous target, Victor laughs, "Yeah! Get some, Ana's puppy!" He'll re-learn the man's name after the fight.

<COMBAT> Anabethe will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Gwain has changed weapons to sword.
<COMBAT> Hostile23 will attack Johana this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile3 will attack Thalo this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Johana has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Gwain will attack Hostile13 this turn.
<COMBAT> Thalo will attack Hostile3 this turn.
<COMBAT> Ellinor will attack Hostile22 this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile12 has changed weapons to Bludgeon. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile13 has changed weapons to sword. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile12 will attack Victor this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile13 will attack Michael this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile22 will attack Nitrim this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Nitrim has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile23 this turn. Options: called=head
<COMBAT> Hostile13 will attack Gwain this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Nitrim will attack Hostile22 this turn. Options: called=head
<COMBAT> Hostile12 will attack Michael this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Michael will attack Hostile12 this turn.

<COMBAT> Hostile3 attacks Thalo with Great Bludgeon but Thalo DODGES!
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile11 with Great Bludgeon - Light wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile23 with Greatsword - Critical wound to Head (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Gwain attacks Hostile13 with Sword - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile3 with Great Bludgeon - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Nitrim attacks Hostile22 with Psychometry and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Michael attacks Hostile12 with Sword - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile23 attacks Johana with Greatsword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile21 attacks Anabethe with Polearm - Light wound to Left Leg (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile12 attacks Michael with Bludgeon - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Anabethe attacks Hostile21 with Polearm - Light wound to Right Leg (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile22 attacks Nitrim with Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile13 attacks Gwain with Sword - Light wound to Right Hand.
<COMBAT> Hostile11 attacks Victor with Sword - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile22 with Greatsword - Serious wound to Right Leg (Reduced by Armor).

<COMBAT> Hostile11 has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Hostile23 has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Nitrim has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Nitrim spends a luck point to keep fighting!

Almost before she sends the command to her suit, there's a polite ding in Anabethe's ear. Hostile closing with Ally Nitrim, the pleasant voice recites. "Son of a-" But the fight between the Khournas knight and the Hostile soldier is hot, and as both take mirrored wounds to the leg, Anabethe is forced to focus her attention on the Hostile at hand for at least a moment longer, too tangled to step away.

Altered from cold and calculating to excited and calculating, Michael trades ineffective blows with the Hostile. He draws in his shield and makes a feint with it to then attack from on high. Hey, it worked against Johana… why not a Hostile?

Nitrim's downward thrust has a purpose. A whip of air rushes past the head of one of the incoming Hostile, and the dirt beside it's feed explodes as his attack misses. A nanosecond later, the Hostile swings in hard, connecting solidly with Nitrim's stomach once more. A battered, mournful sound chokes out of the man's throat as he slumps over, falling to one knee. Seeing spots, he has the mindfulness to jerk to the side, trying to preserve his own life as he yanks his arm inward, as if tugging the Hostile towards him. "Die you fucking bastard." He grits coldly, fingers clenching.

Gwain's crossbow is unceremoniously discarded as the giraffe-like knight barrels down on his target. His sword is drawn, and with a yell of exhilaration the blade is brought down in a wide arc, biting deep into the Hostile's chest, only the creatures armor preventing the blow from being fatal. He gets a gash across his hand as his reward for overextending, but it looks like a favorable trade.

The Wall meets a hostile that looks like a wall and when it swings that spiked monstrocity of a club at him, he ducks under it, slipping around and bringing his hammer down against its armor. The armor cracks a bit, but doesn't seem to do much to the Hostile. He grunts a bit and eyes Johana as she takes her target out with a single hit to the head. Seeing her come to aid him, he repositions his feet and gets into a defensive posture, "Bring it, bitch…" he states in a cold, flat tone, the voice coming from his helmet with a deeper, more gravely sort of tone to it. Now it's time for the Wall to do what he does best…Keep big nasty bastards focused on him.

The hostiles continue to attack, violent and chaotic in their methods. When Nitrim nearly goes down, the hostile almost finds a new target, but he seems to stay with Nitrim when the man stays in the fight.

With deliberate aim, Johana draws her sword back and as soon as the Hostile goes for an attack on her, she swings, effectively blocking the hit intended for her even as she slashes the head off the cold, hard metal. When it falls to the ground rather impotently, she looks surprised at herself she looks for the next one. Seeing one on Thalo, she moves to his side and swings at the next one, finding those two fighting together made a good team.

Victor takes a sword-blow right to the head, shaking it off and grinning far, far too broadly under his helmet, "Last mistake, mother-fucker." Reversing his axe, he touches another button, and a mono-pointed spike slides out of the butt of the axe, stabbed directly into the center of the Hostile scout. "Always keep your guard up." Nodding over to his helpers, he calls out, "Keep at it, work together."

The Drakefire Knight takes another sweep of her sword, cutting up through the Hostile's right leg as she pushes a bit more fury into her strikes. She is definitely in vengeance mode.

<COMBAT> Victor will attack Hostile12 this turn.
<COMBAT> Victor has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Gwain will attack Hostile13 this turn.
<COMBAT> Anabethe will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Michael will attack Hostile12 this turn.
<COMBAT> Michael will attack Hostile12 this turn. Options: called=head
<COMBAT> Hostile22 will attack Nitrim this turn. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile3 this turn. Options: called=head
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Johana has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Nitrim will attack Hostile22 this turn. Options: called=Right Leg
<COMBAT> Michael has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Gwain has changed stance to aggressive.

<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile3 with Great Bludgeon but Hostile3 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile12 with Great Bludgeon - Serious wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Michael attacks Hostile12 with Sword - Serious wound to Head.
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile3 with Greatsword but Hostile3 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile22 attacks Nitrim with Bludgeon and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile21 attacks Anabethe with Polearm but Anabethe DODGES!
<COMBAT> Nitrim attacks Hostile22 with Psychometry - Serious wound to Right Foot (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile3 attacks Thalo with Great Bludgeon but Thalo DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile13 attacks Gwain with Sword - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile12 attacks Michael with Bludgeon and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Gwain attacks Hostile13 with Sword - Light wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile22 with Greatsword - Critical wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Anabethe attacks Hostile21 with Polearm - Moderate wound to Head (Reduced by Armor).

<COMBAT> Hostile12 has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Hostile13 has been KO'd!

Remaining at Thalo's side, she swings just in time to clash with the Great Bludgeon, missing the Hostile all together. Drawing her blade back, she aims to shove her sword straight through the head armor of the Hostile, hoping to take him out as quickly as she had done before.

Victor circles around his target to the right, sweeping his axe in to hook the point of the beard behind the Hostile's left shoulder and haul it into Michael's weapon, "Finish the fucker off, pup." Once he does, Victor kicks the corpse off the weapons, looking over to where Gwain is finishing off the other scout, "Back to the others." And then he's off, rushing back across the ash. Across the unit push, he notes, "And to think, we could be at a fuckin' concert right now. Some people get all the fun."

Michael pulls it off, proving that people just don't look up enough. Victor's strike to the thing's chest gave Michael the opening he needed to bring his swing down onto it's head to finish the damned thing. He then turns and starts to head back to the others to assist where he's needed most. Looking to Johana and Thalo first, then to Ellinor, then to Nitrim and Anabethe. For now though he just focuses on getting back.

And the beat goes on…Hostiles continue to fall as they get wounded and ganged up on, numbers begin to seriously favor the Havenites now. Despite all of this carnage that has ensued over an empty convoy. Thalo swings at the well armored thing and it manages to dodge. When it brings it's spiked cudgle down at him, the Knight catches it on the haft of his hammer. It isn't wounded and this is only getting harder to manage.

Gwain isn't doing anything fancy when he brings the Hostile he's engaged with down. Armor protects him from a blow to the stomach during his reckless assault, his blade swinging around and slamming into the creature's arm, the knight shoving his elbow into the creature and pushing it back. The thing falls lifeless to the ground, and Gwain whirls around to face whatever is left. Which is not very much in his vacinity. Victor's suggestion comes before he can process enough to think rationally, so the tall man is quickly running back to join in the other skirmish.

The Wall shoves the hostile back and goes on the offensive, trying to keep it occupied until the others arrive.

Nitrim was right to jerk to the side. The Hostile's bludgeon comes thundering down into the ground, nearly taking off Nitrim's head in the process. A horrible SHRRRYYNNK sounds as the Hostile's leg and ankle splinter, sending shards of metal and entire gobs of blood to the once-human assailant's feet. Having narrowly avoided death for the second time that day, he rises, sword arm slack against his side due to the quarrel in his shoulder. Standing proud, as a Khourni is expected, he turns his good side to the Hostile and the serpent that swims around him lashes out, trying to bite at its neck.

Anabethe is quicker this time, trying to finish off her opponent so she can turn her attention to her brother. Light on her feet, she slips under the Hostile's polearm to slam her own blade into its chest, trying to get a good wedge on whatever it runs on in there. "Just go down already!" she shouts at it, teeth gritted.

Why won't you die! Ellinor does not relent despite the fact that she is starting to feel her own pain as more of her blood pools beneath her armor plates. She strikes out again, sweeping her sword back around to slice the Hostile from shoulder to belly. She has not yet given up, and only seems more invigorated when the Hostile turns his weapon on Nitrim.

<COMBAT> Victor will pass this turn.
<COMBAT> Michael will pass this turn.
<COMBAT> Gwain will pass this turn.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Anabethe will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Nitrim will attack Hostile22 this turn. Options: called=neck
<COMBAT> Thalo will attack Hostile3 this turn. Options: called=head
<COMBAT> Hostile21 has changed stance to aggressive. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Hostile22 has changed stance to aggressive. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Nitrim has changed stance to aggressive.

<COMBAT> Victor passes.
<COMBAT> Michael passes.
<COMBAT> Hostile22 attacks Nitrim with Bludgeon and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile21 attacks Anabethe with Polearm - Light wound to Abdomen.
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile22 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile3 with Great Bludgeon - Light wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Nitrim attacks Hostile22 with Psychometry - Critical wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile3 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Left Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Anabethe attacks Hostile21 with Polearm - Serious wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Hostile3 attacks Thalo with Great Bludgeon - Serious wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Gwain passes.

<COMBAT> Hostile21 has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Hostile22 has been KO'd!

Already attacking, Johana only manages to get a glancing blow before she realizes Thalo is hit. With a cry that would rival any warrior, she lifts her blade, going for a slash this time, aiming for the Hostile's head, her helmet eyes glowing red, her armor reporting everything normal for her.

Moving along as fast as he can, Michael makes his way back to the group. He sees Nitrim's and then Anabethe's opponents go down and he's glad. He'd made the choice to help his knight and had moved up to attack this particularly mean looking thing in heavier armor, is this one of the Elites he's heard about as mess hall stories by some the soldiers to frighten the younger ones?

Going aggressive had two effects for the Wall. First, he managed to hit the tough ass hostile and knock it off balance to help Johana inflict a more serious wound on it. And it resulted in him leaving himself open. As his hammer when high, it's wickedly spiked cudgel went low, slamming into Thalo's stomach. There is a loud crunch of armor wrenching and being pierced. Thalo staggers back a step as his black armor glistens from the blood and he takes a more defenisve stance.

Victor figures that the damaged and battered Hostiles should go down easily enough, and so his booted sprint sends him straight at the heavily-armored Hostile, swirling the axe over his head, "Yooo-hooo! Honey, I'm home!"

Gwain is breathing heavily now as he sprints back across the way toward the remaining hostile. Despite a pile of knights ready to pounce on it, he's probably just going to add to the mess.

Metal clashes against metal, and Anabethe spills a little more blood, but this time she gets her blade deep into the Hostile's innards, pushing through the holes made earlier. A grin spreads, wicked, and with a thrust and a twist, she shears out what must be some sort of vital component, as the Hostile drops limp to the ground.

Nitrim's aura, the firey serpent the size of an oversized anaconda, bares its fangs to the Hostile and leaps from Nitrim's shoulder like an alien creature out of a menacing, little egg. Tail thrashing, it bites deeply into the Hostile's throat, igniting the strange fluids in its bloodstream and splashing the area with acrid blood and the scent of burning flesh. It's bludgeon swings…and Nitrim doesn't dodge. He doesn't even blink as it passes inches from his eyes. Instead, he stares into the things eyes, hoping whatever controls it sees him in return. With a flash of flame, the serpent disappears and reappears back around Nitrim, swimming once again. He plants his boot into its chest and shoves, hard, trying to send it crumbling to the ground. "Fuck. You. All." He grunts, all-white eyes focusing to the next.

It takes a simple series of aligned strikes. Nitrim's blast to its throat, her slice up against its chest, and it collapses under the weight of its own injuries. She turns immediately, seeking out another target without hesitation, and her gaze falls on the last of the Hostiles. Like her fellows, she turns her fury on it.

<COMBAT> Victor will attack Hostile3 this turn.
<COMBAT> Michael will attack Hostile3 this turn.
<COMBAT> Michael has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Ellinor will attack Hostile3 this turn.
<COMBAT> Gwain will attack Hostile3 this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile3 has changed stance to aggressive. (Thalo)
<COMBAT> Anabethe will attack Hostile3 this turn.
<COMBAT> Nitrim will attack Hostile3 this turn. Options: called=Head

<COMBAT> Nitrim attacks Hostile3 with Psychometry - NEAR MISS!
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile3 with Great Bludgeon but Hostile3 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile3 with Greatsword - Serious wound to Head.
<COMBAT> Gwain attacks Hostile3 with Sword - ARMOR on Left Arm stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile3 with Great Bludgeon - Critical wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Michael attacks Hostile3 with Sword - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile3 attacks Thalo with Great Bludgeon but Thalo DODGES!
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile3 with Greatsword - Light wound to Head (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Anabethe attacks Hostile3 with Polearm and MISSES!

<COMBAT> Thalo has changed stance to aggressive.

<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile3 with Greatsword - Light wound to Head (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile3 with Great Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Abdomen.
<COMBAT> Hostile3 attacks Thalo with Great Bludgeon and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Gwain attacks Hostile3 with Sword - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile3 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile3 with Great Bludgeon - Light wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Nitrim attacks Hostile3 with Psychometry - NEAR MISS!
<COMBAT> Michael attacks Hostile3 with Sword - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Anabethe attacks Hostile3 with Polearm - Moderate wound to Chest.

<COMBAT> Hostile3 has been KO'd!

<FS3> Nitrim rolls Psychometry: Good Success.

The final hostile gets surrounded. The thing is a beast, despite getting impaled, slashed and slamed on all sides, it refuses to go down. It takes another series of blows for it to finally succumb to its grevious wounds. There is no chance of reviving this one for study, or even examination. It has been hacked and smashed to bloody bits, now a heap of junk on the ground. The battle is won, the ambushers of the river had been put down and this road is that much safer…for now.

When it had struck Thalo, Johana had taken it personal and she swings the blade, connecting solidly with the head while around her others make contact as well. As soon as the metal beast falls, she flings off her helmet and turns to Thalo, a scowl imprinted neatly across her features. "You're hurt." The words are flatly spoken, her own neck wound proving superficial, the blood already drying up. Stepping under his arm when she sees of he is finished swinging, she offers support to help him remain on his feet should he need it. Fairly small, but strong, she offers anyway.

Victor plants his axe into the creature's chest, pulling it out as the Havenite's become a tornado about it, kicking up ash and dust in their rush to put the Hostile down. When it falls, Victor immediately turns about, "Vera, tag motion!" There's none immediately besides the friendlies, and he adds, "What do you say, Spinecrusher, make sure they're all spare parts?"

"Motherfucker," Ellinor says as the brute finally falls, and she also must limp away a little bit as her own pain starts to settle in. She slowly lifts up the visor of her helmet, exposing her red mouth and teeth. She glances over toward the others. "Everyone got everything still attached?" She asks bluntly.

Anabethe spins her weapon, bringing it to bear on the last Hostile remaining, along with the others. Once it hits the ground, though, she doesn't bother with the rest, turning to Nitrim to take an inventory of her brother's wounds. "And that's what battle's like," she says with a tight smile, reaching a hand for his elbow to help steady him.

With the last Hostile dying beneath a pile of Haven knights, Nitrim's aura simmers, yet his eyes remain white. He winces as he places a blood-coated hand to his chest, pressing against the wound. His skin prickles and then washes over in an anasthetised feeling, like being on narcotic painkillers without the high. He flexes his fingers, barely feeling them as he takes a step back and slumps back onto the fender of the crawler and fishes for a fresh cigar. He lights it and leans his head back until it bonks against the armored plating. He's tired, very tired, having exelled a week's worth of his stamina in one fight. "Thanks." He says to Anabethe, squeezing her hand as he glances to the bolt in his harm. "…not the worst thing I've been through this week. I can patch some up if they're hurt."

For his part Thalo just looks at the downed hostile, "Aye. Break into pairs, make sure they are all dead." He then eyes Johana, pulling off his helmet, "It's just a fleshwound." What it was, was a huge spike that pierced between the chest plate and abdominal plate of his armor, but he won't admit that. "Any wounded, come over to the convoy to get checked out."

Gwain does his part to ping the last Hostile a few times, his blows just bouncing off the armor mostly. At least he tried. Once it finally goes down the man whirls around to look for more foes. When he finds none he plants his sword into the ground and leans against it, taking heavy breaths. He also notices that his hand is split open, and seems to decide that's worthy of staring at for a minute.

Michael looks to Nitrim and notes that he takes care of himself. Then he looks to Johana and sees her own wound to be superficial. Thalo seems to be fine with his. He looks down to right leg, the ribbon of metal still embedded in it. "Anyone able to field dress this so I can ride back?" he asks, rather quietly actually.

"Fleshwound? Thalo, I'm not a fool.." Though Johana does not force the issue, figuring he would hide it anyway no matter what she said. "Just… see a medic, please?" And that is all she will ask of him, but the look in her eyes shows more concern than she voices as she looks at The Wall. When she takes stock of the others wounds, she's glad to see them on their feet, though the bolt has her frowning. "Yeah you need that out of there." Gesturing towards the dead Hostiles, she glances at Gwain. "There's your Hostiles to question." Again, her voice is flat. Definitely she makes no secret of disagreeing of talks with them.

Victor looks around the group, "Tell you what… Ana and I aren't hurt. We'll clean up the battlefield." Glancing over to the Young Lady, he tilts his head to one side, "You good with that?" Figuring that someone will follow after him, he starts off to the nearest clutch of Hostiles, stopping before each of them and sweeping his axe up, over his head, and down again, chopping off heads one at a time. It's sort of what an axe is good for.

Anabethe arches a brow at Nitrim. "You're bleeding a bit more than I'd prefer," she points out, though she's bleeding a bit herself. Not much more than she's picked up in some spirited sparring sessions, though. Scratches. "Let's look at getting you on a crawler until we're back somewhere someone can look at you, too."

"Yup, fleshwound." Thalo reiterates, fully intent on ensuring everyone else gets treatment first. He glances to Nitrim, and then Michael, "Alright, let's tie off the horses of those who are hurt, so they can go in the crawler. Everyone else rides as soon as we've cleaned up. We don't wnat to get caught out here at nightfall."

"Hey, Victor." Nitrim coughs. With the number of hits he's tken to the chest, normally he'd be doubled over, but he's numbed his own pain. "Hate to tell you this, Cousin, but I'm going to be riding on top of this thing the rest of the way." He smirks, reaching up to Anabethe's shoulder, smearing it with his own blood. "I'm bleeding more than I'd prefer. Michael? Come up top with me and I'll look at that leg." His eyes flit back to Anabethe, he winks. He reaches his arm over her shoulder and nods to the crawler's door. "Help me gimp in there?"

Gwain seems quite enraptured with his hand until Johana draws his attention. The woman is given a blank look, and then Gwain goes to fetch his crossbow. It's around there somewhere. Once the weapon is gingerly picked up her heads back toward the crawler, making use of his unbloodied hand to lift himself back into it. There's a quick check of the other knights to make sure nobody is injured, then he sinks down again.

Victor tilts his head at Nitrim, "You'll live." The deadpan pronouncement is followed by a smirk inside the helmet, "And if you don't, I'll kick your ass, no matter how fuckin' scary it looks when you go all Awakened-snake-shit." He kicks the head of one of the decapitated Hostiles away from its body, and then he adds again, "Drakefire, if you got hurt just to watch me ride that monster of yours back to camp, I'm going to kick your ass when you get better."

Giving Thalo another disbelieving look, Johana is forced to take him at his word. Giving him a weary smile, she leaves his side to go assist Victor in decapitating the heads of those that still have one attached. It's not so great of a job but someone has to do it. "You know, I want one of their weapons that shoot those metal things." It's teasing, because she's not good with shooting things. She's more hand to hand. Watching Gwain, she says nothing further, not generally one to kick someone while they are down. Once the job is done, she heads back for the camp, remaining alone under a tree, just listening to the others for now, but when it comes time to leave, she'll be ready.

"Fuck you, Victor," Ellinor says as she coughs into her gauntlet. She does cast him a sly smile before she straightens up despite the sharp and unforgiving pain that rips through her nerves. She then shakes her head as she steps up toward Merrymaker, who actually looks a touch miffed. He must have wanted to help. She glances around to the others. "Come on, lets get going."

Michael nods slightly to Nitrim and stifly follows him up onto the crawler. "If you can just get me patched so I can ride, I'll have a medic finish the job when we get back." he then looks after Johana, noting her position so he can make ready for when he joins her on the ride back. Viannea will be impressed, slightly, by this tale when he tells her at their next outing.

"You think that was scary, Victor, you should see the shit I dream about. Let's do this again until they're all dead." Nitrim replies, wrist tilting up over Anabethe's shoulder to give his cousin a wave as he's limped to the crawler. Head lulling, his opaque eyes seem to tilt to Michael. "We'll get that leg looked at. We want you to be able to run when Ellinor comes after you." A smirk. He tilts his head in, whispering something to Anabethe. His arm tightens in a brotherly hug.

Anabethe ducks under Nitrim's arm when he starts to rise, supporting him comfortably. Benefits of having an older sister of similar height. "On me," she grins to her brother's whispered words, leading the way back to the crawler. Victory!

Michael smirks slightly, but then a quick glance to Ellinor and his cheerfulness fades like water through a collander. "Sir Ellinor… " he starts, then shakes his head, "If there is a way to drag her away from this folly, I'll gladly help how I can."

Victor looks Ellinor over briefly, then shrugs, "Heard you liked poncy fuckin' Valen, but any time you want a real man, lemme know and I'll take you up on that." Shaking his head at Nitrim, he snorts, "Not a chance." Apparently he's done, because he's back, and there are a lot of new beheaded Hostiles around. "Good thing these things came in empty, so they've got room for you all going home…"

"I didn't want to have to compete with you about whose on top," Ellinor snipes back at Victor with a quick smirk before she heaves herself up into the crawler. She clicks her tongue to Merrymaker, who lazily steps up beside the crawler to walk alongside it. Then she glances over to Michael. "We will talk about this later, Michael…"

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License