06.09.3013: First Clash
Summary: The Shadow of Intent hits a Hostile ship during the first major battle of the Third System War
Date: 09 June, 2013
Related: None Directly
Hostiles Cedric Agnes Orren Ellinor Victor Asher Johana Thalo Erik Alexis Barton Sammel 


Troop Bay, Shadow of Intent
Running nearly the length of the ramship, the troop bay is wide and open down the middle, with fold-away dividers and bunks along the walls. With these retracted into the walls, there is only an open fighting area from the wide boarding doors at the front of the ship to the turrets about halfway back to the aft of the ship, the doors to engineering at the very back, and the stairwell up to bridge alongside.
09 June, 3013

From inside the troop bay of a ramship, the first stages of a battle are… unpleasant. Ranks of men and women in armor, stacked up behind the boarding doors ready to pile out, would be bad enough after the first twenty minutes, especially with the sudden lurches of maneuvers that tax even the powerful grav field generators of the ramship. But for those who haven't thought to repeat the tactical displays from the bridge above… it's likely the not-knowing, the anticipation of combat without any way to know when it might happen.

Knight Captain Sir Jeb Khournas gave explicit orders when they began to approach the Hostile fleet, describing how the crossbowmen will fire a volley at any immediate resistance at the boarding point, and then they will split ranks to pass the melee fighters forward. A small group of crossbowmen and footmen will remain with the ship to ensure that it isn't counter-boarded, while the remaining force will split into three groups, one heading directly forward in the ship, one heading directly aft, and the third heading directly across the ship. Each of these groups will remain in comm contact with one another, searching for an engine room, bridge, or other location to inflict damage upon the ship. Once they do, they will deal as much damage as possible. If this is enough to disable the ship, all forces will retreat back to the Shadow of the Intent and look for another target. If it is not, all forces will continue on until they find and destroy a target that does disable the ship. The Knight Captain ends his original briefing with, "You only have two jobs out there. Disabling the enemy ship, and coming back alive. And we're not doing the second until we've done the first. Don't worry about killing Hostiles or anything else but disabling the enemy ship, and then getting back alive."

That was an hour ago. Now those with their HUDs slaved to bridge displays can see that the Shadow of Intent and three other ramships are approaching a massive Hostile troopship, fighting their way through a cloud of smaller Hostile ships and setting up for a ram.

The main screen viewer of the bridge is a light with flashes of ship to ship fire, overlayed with a tactical interface giving statuses of particular ships within view. The various bridge officers are spitting on numbers of energy reserves, hull integrity, shield strength, weapon discharge and distance to ships, both Royal Navy and Hostile alike. While there may be no sound coming from all this noise outside in space, there's there's the almost rythmic hum and shudder of the turns the Intent makes, coupled with the reverberations of it's array of turrets.

As for the Captain himself, he's sitting in the Captain's chair, eyes narrowed, giving out directions of artillery strikes. "Broadside that destroyer, ten degrees to starboard." There's an incoming attack alert blaring through the klaxons. "Brace for impact." he calls out, seconds later there's a lurching to the side as Hostile weapons fire collide with the Intent's shields. "Damage report."

"Minimal Sir, though armor is taking a beating on the port side."

Cedric nods. "She'll hold. Lieutenant, give me an attack vector that larger ship on the main line. This is where we try to break the line." Pressing a button on the side of his chair, he keys in the comm to the troop bay. "Boarding marines. ETA to boarding in less than ten minutes. Hold on, it's only going to get rougher." Turning the comm off, he goes back to his tactical officer. "All main weapons, target the port side of that ship. Shatter it's armor. Defense turrets, keep the skies clear until the anchoring is secured."

Sir Agnes Peake stands in stoic silence as she monitors the indicators on the HUD. Her armor is fashioned after that of the knights of old, looking like plate mail although it is made of modern materials. The visor on her helm is open at the moment, but will be closed when the boarding begins. She looks to the marines around her. "Remember, our purpose is to clear a path so we can find a way to disable the ship. Don't go in there intending to up your Hostile kill count, we have a mission."

There in support of his Lords of Peake, Sir Orren Tylos is assembled to Agnes' right amidst the marines she's giving orders to. With his sword belted to his hip, he's using his massive spear as a walking stick with the point high in the air. He see-saws his head from side to side to clear up the tension in his neck muscles and then looks over to Agnes and the others. "Undertood, Sir Agnes. I'll be at your side at all times, clearing your path. It's an honour serving with you all." His eyes scan the group with a matched, firm nod, and then his face disappears as his helmet and HUD are locked into place. Ready for combat, the eye-visor of his helmet glows to life in a faint yellow flash.

Ellinor has long ago pulled down her visor, casting her face into shadows as the mask of the fierce drake becomes her new visage. She is listening to Sir Jeb's orders in a loop in her helmet's interior speakers, focusing on the curt and precision of the Khourni's voice. She is breathing steadily, her eyes half-lidded as she listens. After a few moments, the elegant and precise masculine AI voice cuts through her concentration. "Sir, the Shadow of Intent is undergoing fire… brace for impact." And just moments later, she feels the entire ship shudder beneath her. Her gaze lifts immediately toward the ceiling of the troop bay just as scattered lines and geometry of her HUD starts to track the impact. Ten minutes… She thinks to herself. A lifetime. And then she glances toward Agnes offering the Peake a curt nod of her head in agreement. "Hostile kill count is tertiary," she rephrases through her vocorder.

Victor stands in one of the three columns of soldiers waiting to rush out the door behind the crossbowmen, rocking and clattering against other packed-in suits of armor with every hard turn or impact. He's already set up carets over everyone's head with their name, and has his suit AI prepped to map the halls they traverse and track the offensive blows of his opponents. He murmurs into his helmet then, setting up the last task, "On my command, Vera, initiate pattern-shifting at five second intervals, plus or minus thirty-percent." A soft chime acknowledges the command, and then the almost-squat-looking suit of armor looks up at the information coming in from the Captain. He rocks, thumping into the soldier next to him, then steadying himself. Victor presses the button in the haft of his axe, extending the handle to double its normal length and making it a true two-handed weapon. He begins to lightly tap the his clenched fist and axe-head to his chest, raising a soft, rhythmic clatter.

Asher is perhaps one of the lightest armored of the knights waiting with the boarding marines, however he is currently glowing unlike most of the other knights, little whisps of flames, and static discharge dancing about his armored form. He takes a moment to scan across his immediate battle group, turning his attention towards the Knight Lieutenant in charge of his «Pardon the intrusion, Sir Asher here, I am just making contact briefly so I can find you again incase our radios are disrupted» He broadcasts telepathically to Alexis.

Anticipation is a tangible thing and Sir Johana Ibrahm has been preparing for this for awhile. Feeling the lurching of the ship, she steadies herself. Visor down, the eyes glowing red as she looks around her immediate area. Her own armor is tinted black and made of the quality material, the readings inside check out, the internal temperature adjusted to the surrounding knights and soldiers and she… waits.

As one of the Knight Lieutenants present in the troop bay, Sir Thalo Khorax has taken up a position at the front, heading up mostly other Khourni and Ibrahm soldiers. He's already pulled his hammer of out its craddle, hefting Spinecrusher over his shoulder as he monitors their approach on his HUD. He grunts out agreement towards Agnes, "Much as it pains me to say it, we don't have time to waste on killin' hostiles." He rotates his forarm, tapping a few keys and then speaks more quietly, "Spike, initiate combat sequence Alpha seven. Tag friendlies, track hostile movement, render pattern matching 15 percent. Call out vectors of incoming attacks." And with that, the huge Knight known as the Wall falls silent and waits for this shit to get real.

THe moment is near and the anticipation certainly builds, for the youngest Cindravalen Knight, he waits in silence. This time, he is in full heavy armor with House colors, his preference the Aggressor armor with the visor down and secured. The orders come through crystal clear but Erik makes no motion to acknowledge or question the mission plan, just making mental notes on the primary objective. When the ship lurches, he widens his stance slightly to get better balance while boarding procedures commence.

Alexis is, as a change from normal, not using a cane, though she has seemingly locked some of the joints in her leg armour to compensate. Resting one gauntlet encased hand upon the grip of the axe clipped to her side she also still has her visor open and looks seemingly quite unconcerned or enthused by the situation. Glancing back she watches for a moment then notes in a matter of fact tone. "I am not going to give some big rambling speech about honour, glory, or defending the Haven System. We all know why we are here, we all know what happens if we lose and the Hostile ship gets through and we all volunteered knowing just how dangerous the job is. We will fight. Some of us will die, but we can win this and I intend us to do just that." That said she snaps down her visor and turns back to the front of the ship.

Along with most of the others of the soldiers is Barton as well. Standing ready and looking around a bit. Making his last preparations and seeming to be focused and ready. Rolling his shoulders a bit to loosen up. His hammer ready in his hand. The size of the head holding it's own in size, but it is indeed just a one handed weapon, at least for Barton. Wielding it skillfully enough. The dark red of Barton's armor showing easily enough. Waiting to hear the go signal more or less. Glancing to those around that he does know. Standing ready somewhere in the front.

Having his own visor up at the moment, and leaning a bit towards the relatively short-hafted poleaxe he usually favors when there's fighting needed to be done, Sammel is letting out a few calm breaths as he looks towards the others, nodding a little at what's being said. A brief moment as he glances over to Erik, before he focuses on the front again, his own visor going down now. "And so it begins…" he says a bit quietly, meant only for himself at the moment.

The rapid fire muffled thuds of turret fire become more intense as the ship batteries pummel a particular section of hull plating for the engineers to connect their makeshift umblical and cut through the rest. The ride also gets rougher like the Captain said. Back on the bridge, Cedric sneers at the viewscreen, even as sparks rain down on the bridge crew from a blown power relay. The lights down in the troop bay flicker momentarily.

"Reserve power to the foward array! Prepare to fire the grappling hooks. Defense turrets take the heat off our aft side. Give me speed." the Captain sends out his orders. The Intent is being hammered on by Hostile ships, two of which are now on fire and adrift in space from the return fire of ship's defense batteries. Keying in on his comm, he relays down to the bay. "Five minutes. Grappling hooks fired. Engineers to the front to prepare the bridging. Lieutenant, pick up for ramming speed." before the comm is cut off. There's a lurch as the rumble from engines fire, picking up speed. The impacts and firings become more intense, and there's an odd screeching coming from -somewhere- before Cedrics calls on all decks. "All hands, brace for impact!" It's the loudest in the troop bay, the defeaning roar of metal on metal, then a shrill screeching, accompanied by kinetic impact of a moving object in space suddenly being brought to a sudden and rough stop. "We're in." Cedric comms. "Engineers, begin securing the umblical."

At that point, Cedric surveys the damage. Not uncommon for ships to undergo repairs all the time. She held up well. "Lieutenant, fire on anything that tries to seperate us. I'll be with the boarding crew, you have the com."

Hard light shields flicker into place around the impact zone, even as the engineers trigger the cutting torches around the boarding doors. As atmosphere fills the impact area, the hissing sound of burning, melting metal can be heard even through the heavy boarding doors. There's another loud thump from beyond them, although it pales with anything that the Shadow of Intent has sustained over the last couple of minutes, and then the engineers report that the breech has been made.

When given the order, the boarding doors split to the side, passing into carefully-crafted slots in the hard light shields and revealing the stark white interior of the Hostile ship. It is brightly lit, with wide hallways leading off in three directions. Four Hostiles are visible in the hallway, moving toward the disturbance, each bulked out by heavy armor and carrying melee weapons, but all four go down to the flurry of crossbow bolts that hammer out ahead of the boarding party. And then the crossbowmen are rushing to the side, opening like the boarding doors to allow the footmen through. As the ship shudders with the impact of another ramship, Knight Captain Sir Jeb Khournas barks out orders, "Sir Alexis, head forward. Sir Emmanuel, abeam. My party, aft. Good hunting everyone!"

Sir Agnes flips down her visor and her plain face becomes something far more intimidating as bands of metal are interspersed with the golden light emanating from within. She toggles her HUD and speaks on her internal channel, "Winnie, mark friendlies green and foes red. Give me sigils above ranks of Lieutenant and above. Stand by to switch to hard light shield if I choose to go one handed with the sword. Increase grav compensation for impact." She braces herself as the ram ship collides with the Hostile vessel, her suit doing its best to keep her from being thrown off her feet. She switches to her external channel and the voice modulation echoes out, "Prepare to board on Sir Alexis' mark!"

Alexis is not so much looking at the visual light view of things, her HUD overlaying to give her a view of wireframes and location indicators while she grips a handhold and braces herself for impact. Clinging tightly it is not until after the first Hostiles are cut down that she lets go with her hard light shield flickering into existence at her side while she brandishes her grav axe overhead. "Forward! Lock shields and advance at the double maintaining close formation. Two handed weapons to the flanks. We are going to ram a shield wall down that corridor."

Orren's HUD springs to life with a vision of reds, greens, and sigils as Agnes' orders are carried out. His spear lowers, pointing at a more forward angle in a readied position as the first Hostiles to down. It has begun. With Alexis' direction, he moves to the flank of Agnes' unit and prepares to assist their forward assault.

"Syrus, switch to silent mode, inform only when necessary. Maintain visual display," Ellinor tells her AI just before the crossbowmen open fire on the oncoming Hostiles. She ducks down a bit, taking a moment to settle her breathing before she gives her bastard sword a hard shake. Immediately, her brilliant orange shield launches into being from her gauntlet, the hardlight as vibrant as a the blazing sun. Then she starts forward at Alexis's word, the false eyes on the side of her helmet glowing hot and yellow as those of a drake.

The crossbow bolts thrum, hostiles go down and the way is parted. Once the Knight Captain gives the order, The Wall readies up nearish the front, likely close to Sir Agnes and Sir Alexis, the other two Knight Lieutenants in charge of this group. "Spike, secondary stancing setup saved in slot 2, code 78Alpha9, activate shield and link to Spinecrusher to shorten the shaft." The eyes of his helmet glow red as he speaks again, "Spike, activate low light vision, fiften percent increase." Once the order is given, Sir Thalo takes up a flank position on the left side of the wall that will form.

A few of the armsmen picked up the rhythmic clatter of weapons on armor, but it did not spread far, and Victor stilled his arm, frowning inside his armor. The pale repeater of bridge screens that overlays the top half of his view gives him a moment's warning for the additional hammer of weapon-fire, and he is able to brace himself more easily this time. And then comes the almighty crunch of impact, and the person behind Victor is thrown into him, nearly sending the Khourni down. He manages to retain his feet, but others in the troop bay are not so lucky, and have to drag themselves back upright as the engineers begin their work. Looking over to Asher, Victor reaches up to lay a hand on his brother's shoulder, "Here we go… Stick close." And then the order is given, and Victor steps up to join Thalo on the left side of the press, a couple rows back from the front to allow additional shields to be brought to bear. "Vera, clear repeater from the Intent." And then his vision is clear as well, except for the masses of men and women around him.

"Yeah.. here we go." Asher nods, his aura intensifying a bit as he focuses and moves to step inline with the other knights, allowing the more heavily armored defender suits the first chance to take the lead, but ready to fill in on the shied wall as needed.

Adjusting the HUD, Erik has his AI tag the friendlies with House icons and a name, this way he could have an easier time identifying the friendly knights and armsmen who are about to advance into the Hostile ship. Maintaining his stance as the ship rocks some more during boarding, the Cindravale Knight finds his older brother not too far away, nodding to Sammel before his gaze sweeps the area once more, spotting the Ibrahm as well, along with the Khourni that he had met the other day. Once orders come crackling through the comm though, Erik is focused once more as a hand reaches back to the grip of his bastard sword, ready to draw it once the advance is made and he has room to do so.

Cedric strides through the troop bay casually, but with a purpose, even as the mechanical segments of his helmet lift up from his back and chest, clacking into place, meeting at the top of his head, two eyelet flicker to life in cerulean blue. In one hand he holds his sidearm, primed, and in the other is his falchion. While he may no Knight and thus gets regulated to the rear of the group, the Captain of the Intent will defend his ship, even if it means doing so personally.

Sammel lets out another breath, before he smiles very briefly, although with no kind of humor for now. HUD adjusting to the situation, he nods a bit as the orders are given, and moves a bit towards the right side of the wall that's forming, keeping his poleaxe ready to strike, one way or the other, when needing to.

The impact is staggering and Johana places a hand on the wall to keep balanced and with a quick look around, she notices the others nearby. Game face on, she checks her HUD even as she draws her greatsword, preparing to clear the path to complete the mission.

As the force of nearly a hundred knights and armsmen push their way through the corridors, there are occasional doors on either side that are sealed, and they even pass a cross-corridor, smaller and with the walls just as blank and white as this one. Ordered to press onward, the force reaches the second cross-corridor, the main weight of the shieldwall just having passed the intersection when doors in the corridors ahead and to both sides open and Hostiles pour out, swarming into the Havenites.

These Hostiles are easily visible, without the active camouflage of those discovered on Imperius. Although it is difficult to tell in the sudden press, they range perhaps four inches on either side of six feet, their humanoid bodies sheathed in armor of a dull metallic material. Several of them fire crossbows into the mass, while others rush forward with a wide variety of melee weapons. Toward the back of the group ahead is a being just shy of six feet, wearing a rusty red robe and with metallic tentacles protruding from its back. Several of these tentacles arch together, and an unholy scream of high frequency noise lashes the attackers, painful even to those not directly under its almost-physical impact.

As the signal comes to go forward Barton does so and taking the front. "Alright, let's storm the castle. So to speak" He calls out, perhaps with that hint to that odd geeky part of the rather giant of a man. Moving to help with that front wall, as Alexis called out as to how they would progress. Making sure to have everyone checked so there are no accidental friendly fire. Moving ahead steadily.

The golden light from Orren's visor flares as red-lit Hostiles spring to life in his HUD, framed by blurry, red diamonds to single them out. His gauntleted hands clench around the haft of his spear and he moves to just behind the shield wall to intercept one making its way towards Sir Agnes. He hops in place like a boxer twice before lunging hard forward with his spear in an overhead strike. "Peake!" The warcry sounded through the HUD of the nearby troops, calling to battle.

<COMBAT> Victor has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Victor has changed armor to Aggressor Armor.
<COMBAT> Victor has changed weapons to Great Bludgeon.
<COMBAT> Victor has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Asher has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Asher has changed armor to Combat armor.
<COMBAT> Asher has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Asher has changed weapons to Psychometry.
<COMBAT> Erik has joined the combat as a Soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Erik has changed armor to Aggressor Armor.
<COMBAT> Erik has changed weapons to Greatsword.
<COMBAT> Erik has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Johana has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Johana has changed armor to Aggressor Armor.
<COMBAT> Johana has changed weapons to Greatsword.
<COMBAT> Johana has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Alexis has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Alexis has changed armor to defender armor.
<COMBAT> Alexis has changed weapons to bludgeon.
<COMBAT> Alexis has changed stance to shielded.
<COMBAT> Orren has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Orren has changed weapons to Spear.
<COMBAT> Orren has changed armor to Defender Armor.
<COMBAT> Orren has changed stance to Normal.
<COMBAT> Agnes has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Agnes has changed armor to Defender Armor.
<COMBAT> Agnes has changed weapons to greatsword.
<COMBAT> Sammel has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Sammel has changed weapons to Polearm.
<COMBAT> Sammel has changed armor to Aggressor Armor.
<COMBAT> Ellinor has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Ellinor has changed armor to Defender Armor.
<COMBAT> Ellinor has changed weapons to Sword.
<COMBAT> Ellinor has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Thalo has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed weapons to Great Bludgeon.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed armor to Defender armor.
<COMBAT> Barton has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Barton has changed weapons to Bludgeon.
<COMBAT> Barton has changed armor to Defender armor.
<COMBAT> Barton has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Cedric has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed armor to defender armor.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed weapons to Hand Crossbow.
<COMBAT> Hostile2 will attack Alexis this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile20 will attack Ellinor this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile22 will attack Asher this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile3 will attack Thalo this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile21 will attack Sammel this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile23 will attack Victor this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile24 will attack Agnes this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile30 will attack Barton this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile25 will attack Orren this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile4 will attack Johana this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Ellinor will attack Hostile20 this turn.
<COMBAT> Orren will attack Hostile24 this turn.
<COMBAT> Sammel will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Alexis will attack Hostile2 this turn.
<COMBAT> Thalo will attack Hostile3 this turn.
<COMBAT> Agnes will attack Hostile24 this turn.
<COMBAT> Barton has changed stance to shielded.
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile21 this turn.
<COMBAT> Barton will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Asher will attack Hostile22 this turn.
<COMBAT> Erik will attack Hostile20 this turn. Options: called=Neck
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile22 this turn.
<COMBAT> Victor will attack Hostile3 this turn.

<COMBAT> Sammel attacks Hostile21 with Polearm but Hostile21 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile21 attacks Sammel with Greatsword - Light wound to Right Hand.
<COMBAT> Erik attacks Hostile20 with Greatsword - Light wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile20 with Sword - Light wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile3 with Great Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile3 with Great Bludgeon - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Orren attacks Hostile24 with Spear - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile4 attacks Johana with Hfp - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile3 attacks Thalo with Spear - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile25 attacks Orren with Bludgeon but Orren DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile23 attacks Victor with Crossbow - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile23's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Hostile22 attacks Asher with Crossbow - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile22's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Hostile20 attacks Ellinor with Bludgeon but Ellinor DODGES!
<COMBAT> Cedric attacks Hostile22 with Hand Crossbow - Critical wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Cedric's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Barton attacks Hostile30 with Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Asher attacks Hostile22 with Psychometry - Critical wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Agnes attacks Hostile24 with Greatsword - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile21 with Greatsword - Light wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile30 attacks Barton with Great Bludgeon but Barton DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile24 attacks Agnes with Sword - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile2 attacks Alexis with Sword - Moderate wound to Right Hand (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Alexis attacks Hostile2 with Bludgeon - Light wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).

<COMBAT> Hostile22 has been KO'd!

At Alexis' orders, Agnes moves to the right flank, her sword gripped in two hands. She monitors her HUD's blips of light for indications of friend and foe, and maintains a weather eye on any figures with sigils floating above them in her vision, to ensure the officers are protected and can maintain order and morale. Unlike her composure in social situations, here The Bear is calm, collected, and focused. She turns her left shoulder forward and out, to use as a means of battering and self-shielding with her pauldron, allowing her to swing her body around to gain momentum. As a Hostile comes at her with a sword, her armor absorbs the blow, then she lunges low and upwards with a strong jab of the blade at the enemy's own belly. Her shot clanks off armor as well.

Barton continues to push ahead. While being shielded he does still push forward and seems quite aggressive in his approach. Swinging that hammer of his right to the neck of the hostile. For a big guy he still moves quite well as he is able to dodge the attack quite easily. Getting ready to swing once more. Making sure not to break formation though. "Smash!" Despite his choice in words he does seem quite focused on his task.

Lessons learned. Orren's spear hits the exact point that he wants it to, but the thick armor in the torso stops the attack. He barely has enough time to prepare for an incoming attack, but as another Hostile wades in and swings a Warhammer Iwar hammer

Alexis has been working hard to keep up with the other knights and men at arms who have two working legs, but does so, and keeps herself in the front rank, her glowing golden shield locked with those each side of her and axe in hand. Silently, her armour's AI works through its well honed protocols displaying constant indictators of the group's situation. As the Hostiles emerge, she abruptly halts, her voice clear across comms. "Contact! Squads seven through nine remain in reserve, everyone else lock shields!" Not audible is her wince of pain between clenched teeth a moment later as a monomolecular blade bites into the back of her gauntlet, her shield too slow to block and much of the force of her return axe strike robbed. Also inaudible inside her helmet is a muttered 'Shit!'

Lessons learned. Orren's spear hits the exact point that he wants it to, but the thick armor in the torso stops the attack. He barely has enough time to prepare for an incoming attack, but as another Hostile wades in and swings a war hammer in a baseball swing towards his skull, he bends out of the way. The attack sails overhead and he pivots, swinging the spear around like a Spartoi of old from behind the shield like. "Come then you bastards!" He lashes out towards its neck, trying to sever something vital…

The Wall does what the Wall does best. Draw the attention of his foe while allowing others to attack it as well. As the hostile's spear comes at the large Knight, Sir Thalo manages to mostly dodge the spear attack, the trail of the attack still fading on his HUD. He whips his hammer around as he sidesteps, arcing his hammer at the Hostile. He makes contact, but it doesn't seem to phase the Hostile. He grunts a bit, and takes a more aggressive stance, "Spike, adjust five percent boost."

Swinging his poleaxe at the Hostile coming for him, Sammel frowns as the enemy manages to dodge his attack. And more than that, he takes a hit that bounces off his gauntleted hand. Letting out a few choice words in the privacy of his helmet, he moves in a bit more aggressively, trying a thrust for his enemy now.

If there's one thing Cedric's been taught is that shorter weapons during ship combat tend to work better. At least, for him anyways. And he only needs one hand to take a bead on one of the Hostiles near the back of the main flank. Having to hold his aim, he waits for the moment where there's a space inbetween Havenites moving about. Getting the space, he fires, the tungston bolt sinking into the Hostile's chest plate, and likely further. There's a beeping sound from his readout, the weapon now having to recharge. Which is fine, gives him more time to step fully into the melee, falchion griped easily in his hand.

Asher raises one hand up, ripples appearing in the air before him as he creates a strong telikenitic barrier, while his other hand lashes out with a blast of black fiery smoke that arches over the shield wall, leaving a streamer crackling with static electricity as it impacts brutally into one of the hostiles neck's, even as a projectile fired at his own head is slowed to such a point that it rather harmlessly glances off his helmet. "That's two now, Brother." he says in an aside to Victor before his attention shifts to the tentacled one..

Like a horde, the Hostiles are all around and Johana nears the melee and rushes at the nearest Hostile between her and where she needs to be going. After barely grazing it across the abdomen, something zaps her right in the chest and she steps back, looking around to see whatever it was that was attacking her. Spotting what she thinks is the culprit, she stalks towards him, her greatsword lifting as she prepares to do as much damage as possible with the blade.

When the boarding party proceeds down the hall, Erik remains where he was ordered to, behind the shield wall. When contact with the Hostiles occur, the Cindravale Knight tightens his grip on his bastard sword, seeing the number of opponents present. As the melee is engaged, he chooses the closest Hostile that is wielding a large blade as well who is apparently engaging someone with the Sauveur house icon. Seeing the name 'Ellinor' attached to that icon, Erik quickly moves into assist, his first cut with the bastard sword biting through the Hostile's armor but not deep enough. The second attack is a piercing stab aimed right for the face.

The Drakefire Knight joins Erik against their Hostile target. She swings her blade around, the monomolecular edge cutting straight up against the opposite side of the target's neck. She is immediately moving, however, swinging her body around to join Erik in a dancing flank with the enemy between them. Her smooth and well-organized steps allow her to gracefully ducking its axe.

Victor steps in to flank the Wall, switching the grip on his axe so that he can swing inward without fouling Thalo's own blow. Between the two of them, they manage to drive it back enough that Victor's axe crunches home, the shorter of the heavy-weapon-wielding Khourni continuing to drive forward aggressively. "Nice! Don't stop now or I'll catch the fuck up."

Barton does take note of the others pushing and the ranged hostiles seemingly being dealt with easily. While he continues to try and keep the attention of the enemies and give the others better openings to attack. Noticing Cedric coming up at his side. Trying to give him an opening while he keeps the attention of the hostile. "I think it's time you take a nap." Swinging his weapon towards the annoying hostile.

The Hostiles crash against the shieldwall, driving it a pace back through sheer impact. One of those hanging back is obliterated by a combination of a bolt and the smoky lightning trail, but the others lower the arms that launched the bolts and take up melee weapons, wading into the fray. While the knights leading the assault may be giving better than they're getting, the armsmen are taking casualties. Only a few dead so far, but another dozen or more wounded as they struggle against other Hostiles. The red-robed Hostile remains at the back, a merciful break in the shriek seeming almost preternaturally quiet despite the clash of weaponry. Another pair of tentacles come around from behind it, and once more that piercing wave of sonic energy rasps forth.

<COMBAT> Agnes will attack Hostile24 this turn. Options: called=Right_Leg
<COMBAT> Orren will attack Hostile25 this turn. Options: called=neck
<COMBAT> Alexis will attack Hostile2 this turn.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Thalo will attack Hostile3 this turn. Options: called=Head
<COMBAT> Sammel will attack Hostile21 this turn. Options: called=chest
<COMBAT> Sammel has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Agnes has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed weapons to Sword.
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Asher will attack Hostile4 this turn.
<COMBAT> Asher has changed stance to shielded.
<COMBAT> Asher has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Asher will spend luck on attack this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile23 has changed weapons to Sword. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile23 will attack Victor this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Erik will attack Hostile20 this turn. Options: called=Head
<COMBAT> Johana has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile21 this turn. Options: called=neck
<COMBAT> Victor will attack Hostile23 this turn.

<COMBAT> Orren attacks Hostile25 with Spear - Serious wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile21 attacks Sammel with Greatsword - ARMOR on Right Leg stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Erik attacks Hostile20 with Greatsword - Light wound to Left Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile23 with Great Bludgeon but Hostile23 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile21 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile4 attacks Johana with Hfp - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile30 attacks Barton with Great Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Right Leg (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile25 attacks Orren with Bludgeon - Critical wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile24 attacks Agnes with Sword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile20 attacks Ellinor with Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile2 attacks Alexis with Sword - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile20 with Sword but Hostile20 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Cedric attacks Hostile30 with Sword - ARMOR on Neck stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Asher attacks Hostile4 with Psychometry - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile3 with Great Bludgeon - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Sammel attacks Hostile21 with Polearm - Light wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile3 attacks Thalo with Spear but Thalo DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile23 attacks Victor with Sword but Victor DODGES!
<COMBAT> Barton attacks Hostile30 with Bludgeon - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Alexis attacks Hostile2 with Bludgeon but Hostile2 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Agnes attacks Hostile24 with Greatsword but Hostile24 DODGES!

<COMBAT> Hostile21 has been KO'd!

"Move the wounded back! Leave no men behind!" Sir Agnes bellows gruffly into her comm while ducking beneath the sword swing of a Hostile. The use of human remains as parts by the Hostiles might be little more than rumor, but the Knight wants to take no chances at seeing a familiar face or tattoo on an enemy in the future. She swings back at the alien invader but it dodges lightly aside.

Alexis twists to take another strike upon her breastplate, the monomolecular blade screeching across gold and purple patterned ceramic and throwing her own return attack off before, with an eye to the indicators changing colour on her HUD, she then drops back behind her shield and snaps out orders over the comm. "Knight Lieutenant Thalo, flank them right, move fast! Everyone else hold the line and keep them pinned!"

The sudden motion from the Greatsword wielding Hostile causes Erik's thrust to miss its mark, hitting the upper left arm of the cyborg like creature instead of the head. Not relenting in his attack, the Cindravalen presses on the attack against the Hostile, his two-handed grip bringing his blade around for another slash.

Orren's spear lashes out, again, with expert accuracy to find an unarmored chink in its neck. A splash of sparks and fluid splatters his faceplate as the spear digs in deep. Any normal human would be in a state of shock, but the move has left Orren's side exposed for the Hostile to retaliate. Again, the warhammer comes in and swings towards his chest. WHUMP. The sound could be heard even through the crash of the fighting. His spear is left behind to dangle in the Hostile's neck and Orren stumbles back, clutching his chest in pain. Thinking quickly, the hard-light shield on the gauntleted forarm of his Defender armor springs to life and he goes on the defensive…

As Asher launches another of his blasts out towards the rear lines of the Hostiles, it strikes true, however disipates rather fully on the chest plate of his target, his telekinetic shield having nearly disipated as he launches his strike, though once he gains the creature's attention his shield flares back to life fully once again as he adopts a defensive posture behind it, "Shit.. looks like I just got it's attention." He mutters. "Still behind you, Vic."

Side by side with the middle Cindravale son, Johana swings her sword with both hands, striking it in the chest, she watches it fall even as she feels something hit her armor again on her chest. Muttering a curse beneath her breath, she glares at the nearest Hostile she comes in contact with, swinging her blade to try and take it out of her path. She wants the magic one that keeps attacking her!

Wall, meat spear…almost. The hostile thrusts another attack at the Knight Lieutenant, but he dodges out of the way, and slams his hammer down at the Hostiles head. Despite making contact, he doesn't seem to disable the foe. He blinks once, though given his helmet that won't be readily apparent. "These bastards are tougher than I thought…" He grunts and looks to Victor and his other flankers, "Right flank push hard, don't let the wall break!" And he once more lashes out with his hammer at the seemingly impenetrable hostile before them.

As Victor is attacked by the one who bounced a bolt off his armor earlier, he ducks beneath the sweep of the thing's sword, batting it aside with the haft of his axe. That robs his counterattack of some of its speed, and it is dodged in return. Snarling under his breath, he brings his axe around for another blow, "Right behind you, Thalo." And then he pushes on the whole unit freq, "Will someone shut that gods-damned howling up?"

Trying to slam the head spike of his weapon into the Hostile's chest, Sammel misses and only hits it in the arm, but seeing how Johana got it in the chest so they could take it down, he doesn't mind too much. "Good job," he offers to her, before he moves for the next target he sees, trying to thrust that spike into the Hostile's face now. At some point he starts muttering something to himself within his helmet.

Barton does swing and land his hammer to the chest of his enemy. Though leaving himself exposed to take a hit to his leg. Getting an opening for Cedric to swing at least, no matter how much damage is actually caused. "Holding the line. Keep formation." He repeats to Alexis' orders. Getting another swing towards his opponent, not as aggressive now though.

A painful vibration courses through Ellinor's sword-arm as the axe clobbers its way through her gauntlet and slices deep within her forearm. She is quick to swallow down the scream of pain, though Syrus is front and center to announce in his graceful voice that, "Sir, you have sustained considerable damage to your right arm." She grimaces a wordless reply before she dances back another series of steps to realign her attack, throwing her blade's edge toward the Hostile only to have its body turn into Erik's attack and utterly dodge hers.

The attack that was meant for Barton was a wide one, even if it impacted on the other man. And thus far, Cedric has been relatively ignored so far. Which, you wouldn't really see him complaining about that. It does allow him to roll out of the way, to try and get behind the Hostile while it focuses on Barton. Coming out of the roll, he lifts his sidearm, taking aim at the back of it's armored head. Another triggerpull.

Hostiles are falling, and the knights have absorbed the weight of the first assault, and are now even being pressed back here and there. But reinforcements continue to slip into the fray, bearing down some of the squishier targets between the knights. Apparently, the red-robed creature at the back has tracked down the source of those lightning bursts, and it refocuses that scream of high-frequency sound waves on Asher now.

<COMBAT> Erik will attack Hostile20 this turn.
<COMBAT> Alexis has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Alexis will attack Hostile2 this turn.
<COMBAT> Thalo will attack Hostile3 this turn.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed stance to normal.
<COMBAT> Hostile4 will attack Asher this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Asher has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Agnes will attack Hostile24 this turn.
<COMBAT> Agnes will spend luck on attack this turn.
<COMBAT> Sammel will attack Hostile20 this turn. Options: called=head
<COMBAT> Barton has changed stance to shielded.
<COMBAT> Barton will attack Hostile30 this turn. Options: called=head
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed weapons to Hand Crossbow.
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile30 this turn. Options: called=Head
<COMBAT> Orren has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Orren has changed weapons to sword.
<COMBAT> Orren will attack Hostile25 this turn.
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile25 this turn. Options: called=neck
<COMBAT> Johana has changed stance to aggressive.

<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile25 with Greatsword - Critical wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile4 attacks Asher with Hfp but MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile20 attacks Ellinor with Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Cedric attacks Hostile30 with Hand Crossbow - Light wound to Head (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Cedric's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Asher attacks Hostile4 with Psychometry - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Orren attacks Hostile25 with Sword - Moderate wound to Right Hand (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile30 attacks Barton with Great Bludgeon but Barton DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile3 attacks Thalo with Spear but Thalo DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile24 attacks Agnes with Sword - ARMOR on Neck stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile23 attacks Victor with Sword - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile2 attacks Alexis with Sword - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Erik attacks Hostile20 with Greatsword but Hostile20 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Barton attacks Hostile30 with Bludgeon but Hostile30 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile23 with Great Bludgeon - ARMOR on Abdomen stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile3 with Great Bludgeon - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Sammel attacks Hostile20 with Polearm but Hostile20 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile25 attacks Orren with Bludgeon and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile20 with Sword - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Alexis attacks Hostile2 with Bludgeon but Hostile2 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Agnes attacks Hostile24 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).

<COMBAT> Hostile3 has been KO'd!

"Sir Orren!" Agnes calls. "With me on this Hostile!" She saw the man struck, and decides two swords are better than one versus this Hostile. Two marines she points at begin dragging the wounded back behind the lines for medics to retrieve. She takes a sword blow from her opponent to the neck, but her armor compensates and it only shoves her to one side before she is stabbing hard into the Hostile with her greatsword. Finally she feels some give and hits something other than armor in its midsection.

"Sir…" Syrus begins to report, though his warning comes too late as Ellinor feels the axe slice through her neck armor and sends another splatter of red blood up against the pristine white walls of the Hostile ship. For a heartbeat, her vision flashes with color, and it drives her back several paces. Her footwork adjusts, dropping her into a more defensive stance as she tries to re-engage her target. "Sir, I have been programmed by your Mother to warn you that…" Ellinor finally gasps with a hoarse voice. "Shut up, Syrus."

"Sir Ellinor, step back and regroup!" Erik calls out through the comm system to the Sauveur Knight he is fighting next to as his next slash is evaded by the Hostile. Gritting his teeth and not looking pleased, the Cindravalen tries to step in between Ellinor and the Hostile, to at least draw its attention to himself. At the same time, he sees Hostile reinforcements arriving with one rushing at him, perhaps having two to tangle with now.

Alexis finds herself increasingly just trying to fend off the Hostile in front of her and not doing too well at it, hammering one strike aside with her shield only to find herself just too slow to return her guard, her silent AI again cutting out her comms as she gasps in pain inside her helmet. Bleeding down her side from a deep gash below the arm she clenches her jaw and grimly holds her position as she forces out. "Concentrate all ranged fire upon the priest, Sir Agnes, prepare to assume command if I am incapacitated." Then she sets her should behind her shield.

Johana Ibrahm just saved Sir Orren's life. The Hostile before him swings its warhammer down towards Orren as he takes to one knee. The hard light shield glances the worst of the attack, and the Knight of Peake brings his sword out to shove the Hostile back with a parting stab to the monster's wrist. He can spy the red of Ibrahm covering him in what was nearly his final moments, and as he rises a metallic groan echoes through his outside speakers. The man is hurt, badly. Moving like worker bees, Sir Agnes' call to arms forces him to pivot and trade targets with Johana, and he swings his broadsword in an overhanded chop where the Hostile's neck meets its shoulder. "Understood, Sir Agnes! PEAKE!" He sounds his warcry again, putting all of his hatred for these creatures into his attack while keeping his shield arm pointed towards the previous target.

Another thrust of a spear, and once more the large Knight known as the Wall manages to dodge out of the way, rolling to his right, and using that momentum to bring his hammer around, slamming it into the Hostiles chest with a resounding crunch. As the beastly hostile falls, Sir Thalo slams his foot down on its head and glances around the fray, "Victor, hold this ground! I'm going to get the Drake out of a jam…" And he moves past a hostile and around another, moving in on the Hostile managing to wound Ellinor over, "Fall back, Drakefire!" and he moves in to slam his hammer into the hostile.

Frowning as his attempted attack doesn't hit the Hostile, and seeing it hit Ellinor, Sammel nods a bit as he hears Erik's words. "Listen to him, Sir Ellinor. We'll keep this one off you," he offers, stepping forward to place himself not too far from his younger brother. And once again attempting to poke out the eyes of the Hostile with the head spike of the poleaxe now. "Aren't you an ugly one…" he calls out to the Hostile, just as he drives the weapon forward again.

In her element now, Johana is on auto pilot, swinging her blade down on the neck of the nearest Hostile, attempting to draw the attention of the one she's striking from Orren who seems to have already taken a few hits. Her teeth clenched together with determination, she swings unerringly. Hearing the groan, her concern for the Peake grows and she lets out a yell to the Hostile she's fighting. Surely the man cannot handle even one more hit from the Hostile.

Victor steps up as Thalo steps back, snarling, "Don't coddle the girl, damn it!" And then he's trading blows with the Hostile before him, staggering back a moment from a blow to the breastplate and trading a ringing smash into the Hostile's shoulder. Inside his helmet, he curses, "Fuck. Vera, initiate color shift." He had forgotten, in the chaos, but now his armor flashes a flat white, almost fading into the environment and making it more difficult to view the outline of his body.

That tactic, while successful, didn't have the impact that Cedric was really looking for, but pickers can't be chosers here. Letting his crossbow recharge, he brings his sword back, even while his HUD alerts him to the Hostile that's bearing down on him. Have to worry about that once this one has been taken care of. "Got another bearing down on us." he remarks off-handedly, adjusting his grip on his falchion before moving in for the attack on the already wounded Hostile.

The wave of new Hostiles contracts the shieldwall, more armsmen falling before the attack, but it does not break, a testament to the Havenites' courage and the leadership of their knightly commanders. Still, they press in on the assaulters from three sides, and another shudder runs through the Hostile ship as a third Haven ramship makes contact.

As the fight goes on Barton does move around easily. But his hammer misses that small target that is the head. But at least he made a opening for Cedric to shot the bastard. Continuing to push the other one around. Keeping his weapon ready. Nodding to Cedric. "On it." Though swinging towards his current opponent first.

<COMBAT> Ellinor has changed stance to shielded.
<COMBAT> Asher will attack Hostile4 this turn. Options: called=right_hand
<COMBAT> Asher has changed stance to shielded.
<COMBAT> Erik has changed stance to Normal.
<COMBAT> Agnes will attack Hostile24 this turn. Options: called=Chest
<COMBAT> Orren will attack Hostile24 this turn. Options: called=Neck
<COMBAT> Barton will attack Hostile30 this turn. Options: called=Abdomen
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed stance to Defensive.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed weapons to Sword.
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Thalo will attack Hostile20 this turn.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Alexis will attack Hostile2 this turn.
<COMBAT> Orren has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Hostile4 has changed stance to Aggressive. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile20 has changed stance to defensive. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile20 will attack Erik this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile25 has changed stance to Aggressive. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile25 will attack Johana this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile26 has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile26's team set to 2. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile26 has changed armor to combat armor. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile26 has changed weapons to polearm. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile26 will attack Cedric this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile27 has joined the combat as a soldier on team 1. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile27's team set to 2. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile27 has changed armor to combat armor. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile27 has changed weapons to greatsword. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile27 will attack Erik this turn. (Mars)

<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile20 with Great Bludgeon - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile30 attacks Barton with Great Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Head (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile26 attacks Cedric with Polearm - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile24 attacks Agnes with Sword - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile23 attacks Victor with Sword - ARMOR on Right Arm stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile20 attacks Erik with Bludgeon but Erik DODGES!
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile20 with Sword - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile23 with Great Bludgeon - Serious wound to Left Hand (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile25 with Greatsword - ARMOR on Left Arm stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile4 attacks Asher with Hfp - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Erik attacks Hostile20 with Greatsword - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Cedric attacks Hostile30 with Sword - Moderate wound to Left Hand (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Barton attacks Hostile30 with Bludgeon - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Alexis attacks Hostile2 with Bludgeon and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Agnes attacks Hostile24 with Greatsword - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Sammel attacks Hostile20 with Polearm - Critical wound to Chest.
<COMBAT> Orren attacks Hostile24 with Sword - Light wound to Right Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile27 attacks Erik with Greatsword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile25 attacks Johana with Bludgeon - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile2 attacks Alexis with Sword but Alexis DODGES!
<COMBAT> Asher attacks Hostile4 with Psychometry - ARMOR on Right Arm stops the attack!

<COMBAT> Hostile20 has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Hostile24 has been KO'd!

"Copy that, Sir Alexis," Agnes responds over the comm. The Hostile engaging her retailiates, slamming its blade into the Lady Knight's chest. A gash opens in her armor and blood spills. Winnie notes, in his computerized voice, "Damage to quadrant 003, Sir, your vitals are strong, no need for retreat." Agnes spins on one foot to slam her blade back into the chest of the Hostile engaging her. "You heard the orders, Marines! Let's get a path cleared to that robed monstrosity and take it down!" she bellows.

The Cindravale are suddenly swooping around her, and she does take just a moment to regather her senses. She lifts her helmet toward them, a bloodspattered voice wetly replying through her vocorder, "Nikomachos put you up to this, didn't he?" There is a hint of smile in her voice as she allows the pair of brothers to take the heat off her just enough to recenter her focus. It serves her, because, as the flurry of attacks from four opponents manages to sink the hostile to the floor. She is breathing heavily, lifting her gaze up toward the others and offering a companionable nod before she turns on the next target: the enormous Hostile with the rather sizable hammer.

Thalo grunts back over at Victor, "It'll only take a second!" And with that he moves in on the hostile, and slams his hammer into it's chest, crunching some innards there before, slipping right to avoid getting in the other attackers ways. He surveys the field once more, "Shore up defenses around Sir Alexis, don't let our leader fall!" He moves back over to the flank, taking up his position by Victor, "Push them back men! We aren't about to let a bunch of slackjawed fucking rejects like these outflank us!"

Barton swings his hammer but unable to cause any damage, even as he hits the target. Keeping the hostile on him to open up for Cedric. Taking a heavy hit to the head, stumbling a bit but not going down at least. Slightly disoriented. Though as the other hostile tries to attack Cedric, Barton goes to cover the other man. "I'll get him." He assures Cedric. Trying to push ahead.

Alexis has better luck with fending off her assailant this time, still bleeding, she fails to connect with her own axe but wards off further strikes with her shield as she reels off commands while the shield wall shifts. "Close up the gap there!" Then she follows with. "Their momentum is spent, Knights on the flanks who are not being focused, go on the attack now! We will keep holding in the center." Though she does then wince audibly as she shifts her grip on her axe.

Asher staggers under the sonic blast from the priest, though there's no visible injury to the lightly armored knight. His attacks continue to glance off the bigger hostile, lightning and telekinetic blasts doing little to the machine.

Careful what you wish for! Johana had been trying to get the attention of the Hostile.. well she'd managed it. Swinging her sword towards him, leaves her unprotected and unprepared for the counter strike. Feeling the blow of the bludgeon against her armored chest makes her stagger backwards, completely missing her mark of the Hostile as her blade misses it completely. Taking on a more defensive stance, she draws back her blade, trying to catch her breath, already feeling the bruises forming. Just one good hit… that's all she needed. And despite the fact that she's winded and wounded, she's not backing down. If anything, she's even more determined.

"Niko or not, right now we have to watch each other's back." Is the short answer from the youngest Cindravalen as he is focuses on two Hostiles engaging him now and it takes all the concentration to not only defend but attack as well. Dodging the injured Hostile that swings its bludgeon at him, Erik slashes back a quick but light strike before turning to parry the second Hostile's greatsword with his own bastard blade. Pushing the blade away, he sees that some other knights are in trouble and instead of striking a blow at the Hostile that is engaging him, he feints a strike before kicking out with his boots and is on the move again, to assist both Johana and Orren with the Hostile that is giving them quite a bit of trouble.

"DIE you bloody bastard!" Orren spits as he and Sir Agnes take down her target. She's wounded, which is unfortunate, but the Hostile dies at their concentrated efforts. His broadsword comes down in a backhanded chop and digs deep into its arm, nearly shearing it off in the process. His boot strikes out, shoving the body off of his sword. The pain that shoots up his chest nearly stumbles him over, the but adrenaline has siezed his body. He will die before the mission is over, as ordered. With Johana in danger beside him, his left arm comes out, providing her some slight shield cover as he moves to assist. The broadsword comes up once again, chopping down towards the sweet spot between its neck and shoulder.

Victor takes a glancing blow to the arm, likely one meant to strike him center mass — if the Hostile could tell where center mass was with the Khourni's new all-white armor. A moment later, that armor flashes to a rather horrifying demonic visage, complete with red scales, a face with its flesh peeled back to show the skull, and talons on the hands. His axe bites home in a wide sweep, and then he snorts at Thalo, "I think they already did. For now."

This attempt at thrusting the spiked top of the poleaxe at the Hostile works, although the spike buries itself into the chest of the Hostile now. "You're welcome, brother," Sammel offers to Erik a bit lightly, before he shrugs in Ellinor's direction. "Can't really say." A glance to the downed Hostile, he adds, "Sorry, you still look ugly…" Then he looks around, frowning a bit. Is that a Hostile with a polearm trying to gut the Captain? Can't let that happen, can we? So he moves in, using the axe head of the poleaxe this time.

"Then I'll keep distracting your current dance partner here." Cedric remarks, falchion causing sparks to skitter about the deck-plating as a large gouge into the Hostile's arm when it tries to block the Captain's strike. Pivoting, he brings his sword up, then while moving across his opponent's left side. But, it's a feint, instead, he spins on his heel, bringing to bear his sidearm, trying to make a point-blank firing of the weapon.

One of the red-robed Hostile's tentacle-limbs is blasted back by Asher's bolt of lightning and smoke, but it weaves back into place, and the thing shuffles to one side — revealing that it moves on three double-jointed legs. The Hostile assault is starting to ebb, but not a one of them has retreated yet, even those who are heavily damaged.

<COMBAT> Johana has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Barton has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Barton will attack Hostile26 this turn.
<COMBAT> Orren has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Orren will attack Hostile25 this turn. Options: called=Neck
<COMBAT> Ellinor will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Ellinor has changed weapons to Greatsword.
<COMBAT> Ellinor has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Hostile30 has changed stance to Defensive. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Asher has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Asher will attack Hostile4 this turn.
<COMBAT> Sammel will attack Hostile26 this turn.
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Agnes will attack Hostile2 this turn. Options: called=Neck
<COMBAT> Thalo will attack Hostile2 this turn.
<COMBAT> Erik will attack Hostile25 this turn. Options: called=Neck
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed weapons to Hand Crossbow.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed stance to Normal.
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile30 this turn.

<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile2 with Great Bludgeon but Hostile2 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile25 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile23 with Great Bludgeon - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Orren attacks Hostile25 with Sword - Light wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile4 attacks Asher with Hfp - Moderate wound to Right Leg (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile26 attacks Cedric with Polearm - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile25 attacks Johana with Bludgeon - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Ellinor passes.
<COMBAT> Sammel attacks Hostile26 with Polearm - Light wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile30 attacks Barton with Great Bludgeon but Barton DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile27 attacks Erik with Greatsword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile23 attacks Victor with Sword - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile2 attacks Alexis with Sword but Alexis DODGES!
<COMBAT> Erik attacks Hostile25 with Greatsword - Critical wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Cedric attacks Hostile30 with Hand Crossbow - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Cedric's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Barton attacks Hostile26 with Bludgeon but Hostile26 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Asher attacks Hostile4 with Psychometry - Moderate wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Alexis attacks Hostile2 with Bludgeon - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Agnes attacks Hostile2 with Greatsword - Critical wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).

<COMBAT> Asher has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Hostile2 has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Hostile25 has been KO'd!

"Sir Orren, with Sir Johana!" Agnes shouts as the Hostile they battled drops. She shoves her way forward, her bulk like a ram itself as she powers to where Alexis is wounded en route to the robed Hostile. She swings her greatsword in a two-handed stroke at the throat of the creature wounding the commanding officer and separates its head from its shoulders in an explosion of gore. "Group up, multiple marines focus one Hostile! We can off-balance them with numbers!" she barks over the comm as she begins dashing towards the Robed figure like a Grizzly after prey.

Asher manages to land a heavy blow to the Hostile priests abdomon with a telekinetic thrust, however he's not unscathed, his own shield not actually helping protect him much as he staggers under another of the heavy screeches before falling to the ground.

Alexis is definitely slowed by her wounds, and has been sort of hiding behind her shield as she concentrates mostly on staying alive in the shield wall, but at last being patient allows an opening. Abruptly slamming her shield forward and angling it to deflect her opponent's sword wide Alexis then steps forward a precise limping pace as she shifts the bloodied haft of her axe in hand, flipping the weapon before then sinking its armour piercing backspike deep into the Hostile's chest. "Forward! They are not going to break, we will need to cut them down where they stand!" Those words said she then limps murderously forward behind the whirling blade of her axe as she moves to assist Cedric.

The feint and booted kick by Erik does it job shaking the Hostile off of him for a moment as its greatsword cuts through nothing but air. It buys the Cindravalen time in assisting Johana and Orren who comes in with his own bastard sword. The sharp, monomolecular edge whistles through the air and cleaves right through the invader's neck, cutting clean through and decapitating it. A quick look is given to the other two knights before Erik nods, then turns to engage the Hostile that is still intent on attacking him. Without hesitation, the Cindravale Knight meets the invader's attack with his own, like a game of chicken but neither side will be flinching.

Thalo moves in to help Anges and Alexis deal with the hostile focusing on their leader. His hammer swings wide as he was moving behind the shiel d wall to deal with helping. Seeing the hostile killed anyway, the Wall nods and moves back to his spot at the front of the flank, slipping in to move to Victor's aid as his HUD alerts him to Sir Asher going down. A glance over his shoulder, then to Victor and Sir Thalo Khorax goes on the offensive after Victor's target, opening up space for the man to go back and check on Asher.

He didn't get that solid a hit in on the Hostile with the Polearm, but that doesn't mean Sammel is giving up. Swinging his weapon for it once more, he calls out. "Hey. How about an opponent of your own size, huh?" Trying to get the attention of that Hostile now.

With three against one and that arm Orren Peake had put across to shield her does indeed save her life. As each blade strikes the Hostile with varying degrees of depth and damage, the Hostile finally falls impotently to the ground. Not wasting any time with words of gratefulness or encouragement, Johan is already moving for the next one, taking on a more aggressive stance this time, determined to take it out before it can cause any damage to anyone else.

Orren's blade comes down, hacking into the Hostile's shoulder as Erik's blade shears its head straight off of its shoulders. A fountain of blood and other strange, cybernetic-assisting liquids flows over his armor, leaving it stained and running with the death he's helped deal. He doesn't respond to Sir Agnes; he doesn't have to. He's known for following orders. So when Johana slips ahead towards the next Hostile, he moves in concert with her, aiming to disable the creature in a coordinated fury.

A sultry female voice informs Victor that, "Asher is down." Victor snarls inside his helmet, soaking up a blow to his chest and then hammering his axe between two plates on the chest of the Hostile opposite him, "Thalo! Cover me!" And then he's spinning away from the Hostile attacking him, skidding down onto his knees as his armor fades into a shattered pattern of grey, black, and white. Bracing his axe on the ground, he reaches down to put a hand on Asher's shoulder, "Come on, Ash. Gimme a sign…"

For as quick as he is, and Cedric has some outstanding ability in reaction time, the fact that his crossbow shot was too hastily off-angle, leading the bolt to glance harmlessly off the Hostile's armor. He knew the other one was coming, and he did anticipate in it swinging at him, but he also figured he'd have time to duck out of the way. Sadly, that's not the case, and he gets a cut across the back for his efforts. Undeterred, he raises his falchion on again. "I'd say you don't know when to quit, but then I'd be a hypocrite." he comments before and upwards blade strike follows after that.

Back and forth it goes as Barton swings for his new target, without success. While avoiding the other one that is chasing him. Trying to take on the attention from both if possible. A dry chuckle to what Cedric says. "I'd say keep pounding him into the ground. At some point they've got to go down. They always do." Continuing his own assault on his target.

Ellinor has taken a moment to recover her senses in the wake of the fallen Hostile. Her body aches, and she feels a wetness continue to gather at her throat and arm, and her mouth tastes of copper. She looks up toward the next line-up of Hostiles and she steps toward the one who is after one of the Cindravale who just backed her up. She brings up her sword.

The red-robed Hostile warbles in distress as it is knocked back, a spray some some fluid erupting from its torso. It does not fall, however, even as a few holes open up in the Hostiles facing the shieldwall, allowing a few Havenites to break through the lines and come after it.

<COMBAT> Ellinor will attack Hostile27 this turn.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed weapons to Sword.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed stance to Defensive.
<COMBAT> Hostile25 has left the combat. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile2 has left the combat. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Victor will rally Asher this turn.
<COMBAT> Thalo will attack Hostile23 this turn.
<COMBAT> Agnes will pass this turn.
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile27 this turn. Options: called=head
<COMBAT> Alexis has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Alexis will attack Hostile26 this turn.
<COMBAT> Erik will attack Hostile27 this turn.
<COMBAT> Sammel will attack Hostile26 this turn. Options: called=neck
<COMBAT> Hostile4 will attack Agnes this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Agnes has changed weapons to sword.
<COMBAT> Johana has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Victor has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Agnes has changed stance to defensive.
<COMBAT> Agnes has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Orren will attack Hostile27 this turn. Options: called=Left Leg
<COMBAT> Hostile23 will attack Thalo this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile27 has changed stance to defensive. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile30 has changed stance to normal. (Mars)

<COMBAT> Sammel attacks Hostile26 with Polearm - Moderate wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile27 with Greatsword - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Cedric attacks Hostile30 with Sword - Moderate wound to Right Leg (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Barton attacks Hostile26 with Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile23 with Great Bludgeon but Hostile23 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile4 attacks Agnes with Hfp - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile26 attacks Cedric with Polearm - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile23 attacks Thalo with Sword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile27 with Greatsword - Light wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Asher passes.
<COMBAT> Agnes passes.
<COMBAT> Victor attempts to rally Asher and SUCCEEDS. Asher is back in the fight!
<COMBAT> Orren attacks Hostile27 with Sword - Light wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile30 attacks Barton with Great Bludgeon but Barton DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile27 attacks Erik with Greatsword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Erik attacks Hostile27 with Greatsword - ARMOR on Right Hand stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Alexis attacks Hostile26 with Bludgeon - Light wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).

<COMBAT> Cedric has been KO'd!

Agnes commands into her internal com, "Winnie, defensive mode." The haft of her sword shortens to a one-handed grip and her hard light shield shimmers into golden light on her left arm. She holds it up, the top of it shaped like the mountain peak of her House sigil. The Bear lives up to her namesake as she lets out a roar of fury and charges at the robed Hostile. Its power washes over her, but the Knight doesn't even flinch, leaping towards the ominous figure like something out of myth, swinging her blade one handed at the neck of the priest.

Alexis's furious assault upon the Hostile… Does not achieve too much, the enemy proving too quick and having too much reach with its polearm for her to land a solid blow. Still her axe blade catches on armour and tears in. Wincing at the impact to her wounded hand she still presses the assault though as she does she speaks into her comm. "Sir Thalo, Sir Agnes, status? I am showing most of us badly wounded but you both still in good shape. Excellent work." As she speaks, she continues to axe.

This next Hostile is apparently made of sterner stuff as Erik's strike hits but doesn't penetrate the alien armor. The return blow from the invader is easily parried and without missing a step, the Cindravale steps in for another attack, this one a cross-slash intent on opening the creature from shoulder to hip.

Stepping over the dead and dying bodies of the Hostile they've already felled, Orren limps forward and ducks his head low. His sword swings wide to the side and comes in again as a chop to the side of the Hostile. Keeping low while the others attack high, the chop strikes home and an ugly shade of reddish-brown oil coats the quarter of his blade that did the slicing. He brings his sword back, turns it at the wrist, and thrusts forward towards its belly. "Aught to have thought twice before putting us to the corner! Victory or Death! Peake!"

Frowning as his attempted attack doesn't manage to take out the Hostile, and seeing the creature hit Cedric again, Sammel frowns. "Hey, here!" he calls out to the thing, bringing back his weapon again, and trying a thrust with that head spike again. Worked well the last time, right? Not saying much more at the moment as he keeps on using his weapon now.

Asher is soon to rise with the aide of his brother, the high pitched frequency no doubt having gotten the better of him for a moment and he flairs his aura back to life once again, preparing to launch another barage of psychometry on the Hostile priestly sort.

Swinging with both her arms, Johana does as ordered, fighting in a group. Her blade strikes the armor on the Hostile uselessly and she watches the others, with the Peake managing to do a little damage. Drawing back her blade, she fully intends to go for the vulnerable place between head and shoulders now, to try and disassemble the enemy.

Light flares yellow and hot in the bright eyes of the drake helmet. Ellinor turns toward the Hostile with a sweep of her sword, though she stabs it forward at the monstrosity's neck, feeling the armor give weigh to the strike. She glances over toward Cedric as the Hostile barrels down at him, and she kicks out a foot in hopes of grabbing the Hostile's attention so that her brother-in-law can find his footing once more.

Victor grins beneath his helmet, giving Asher a hand back to his feet, "Good." He slaps his brother on the back, and then turns back to the fray, rushing in to flank Thalo on the left of the Wall once more, his axe back in both hands, "On your left, Thalo, watch your blows." As he charges in, his armor shifts back to its magma-cracked pattern, and he studies the ghostly sweeps and thrusts of his opponent's previous attacks as they overlay his vision, trying to plot a point to penetrate the Hostile's defenses.

Just as Cedric makes headway, the upward swing digging into the Hostile he's been fighting for what seems to be forever, he finds himself against being cut at to the back. And this time, the pain a bit more palpable, causing him to drop his falchion. Stumbling forward, he turns his head to notice that one Hostile, even flanked by two other combatants isn't getting the idea that there are other more immediate dangers than him. As for the one he's been fighting, it's not looking all that healthy either. "Damn, you just won't die, will you?" Finding his sword, he moves quickly, rolling across the ground, one hand grabbing it, but rising up with his crossbow. But this time it's aimed at the one that's been harrassing him. "I've had just about enough."

Victor moves out, Thalo tags in and uses the haft of his hammer to block and incoming attack. He shoves back against the hostile and whips his hammer up and around. The backward momentum he lends the hostile enough to keep from getting smashed. Thalo grunts faintly and looks to Victor as he arrives, "Roger that! Spike, mark flank points." He holds up a hand and motions towards a gap in the flanks further his left, "Two men on that gap. Hold that line!"

The Hostiles are faltering now, some of them starting a slow, fighting retreat away from the block of Havenites. Those armsmen, their blood up when it hasn't been spilled on white deckplates, start forward, moving to follow up on the retreating Hostiles. The red-robed creature skitters sideways again as Agnes reaches it, looking to duck out from beneath the charge and level another blast of high-frequency sound at its attacker.

Barton tries to get to the one attacking Cedric but still he goes down. Taking that oppurtunity he sends his hammer down on the neck of the hostile. Sending it aside and glances over towards Cedric, "Are you okay?" He asks before going to attack once more. The one that tries to attack him is dodged and keeps trying to get him to attack. Though seeing as the one that attacked Cedric is moving away he turns towards the one attacking himself. "Down comes the hammer." He says as he finally send the hammer hard towards the annoying hostile.

<COMBAT> Agnes has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Agnes will attack Hostile4 this turn. Options: called=Neck
<COMBAT> Cedric spends a luck point to keep fighting!
<COMBAT> Agnes will spend luck on attack this turn.
<COMBAT> Orren will attack Hostile27 this turn. Options: called=Left Hand
<COMBAT> Victor will attack Hostile23 this turn.
<COMBAT> Victor has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed stance to Defensive.
<COMBAT> Hostile26 will attack Sammel this turn. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Asher has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Asher will attack Hostile4 this turn.
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Agnes has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Hostile4 has changed stance to defensive. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Orren will attack Hostile27 this turn. Options: called=abdomen
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile27 this turn. Options: called=neck
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile26 this turn.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed weapons to Hand Crossbow.
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile26 this turn.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed stance to Aggressive.
<COMBAT> Hostile30 has changed stance to aggressive. (Mars)

<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile23 with Great Bludgeon - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile27 attacks Erik with Greatsword but Erik DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile23 attacks Thalo with Sword - Light wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Erik attacks Hostile27 with Greatsword but Hostile27 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile27 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Abdomen.
<COMBAT> Asher attacks Hostile4 with Psychometry - Serious wound to Right Hand.
<COMBAT> Alexis attacks Hostile26 with Bludgeon but Hostile26 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile23 with Great Bludgeon - Light wound to Right Leg (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Sammel attacks Hostile26 with Polearm - Serious wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Orren attacks Hostile27 with Sword - ARMOR on Right Hand stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile27 with Greatsword - Serious wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile4 attacks Agnes with Hfp - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile30 attacks Barton with Great Bludgeon but Barton DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile26 attacks Sammel with Polearm - Serious wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Cedric attacks Hostile26 with Hand Crossbow - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Cedric's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Barton attacks Hostile26 with Bludgeon - Light wound to Left Leg (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Agnes attacks Hostile4 with Sword - Light wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).

<COMBAT> Hostile26 has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Hostile27 has been KO'd!

Agnes' sword bites into the neck of the Hostile Priest, but her stroke is returned by the power it wields, opening the hole in her chest further. Hot blood seeps down her belly inside her armor. "Just a flesh wound," Agnes grunts back to Alexis. Would The Bear admit being wounded? She barks out, "Winnie, full bore!" and her hard light shield winks out of existence, her sword haft lengthening again as she swings with everything behind it at the bloody gash she made in the Priest's throat.

After one last attack on the other hostile Barton now stands against his first target. With other coming along. Grinning to himself. "Come at me!" He tells him with a rather dark and almost sinister voice. Most likely from annoyance. Though at least he can keep the target occupied with him and let everyone else cut the enemy down.

Alexis's axe finds only air, but as the Hostile she was confronting falls anyway she moves to the next target, still talking over comms as she limps forward to deliver a backhand below with the counterweight spike of her weapon. "Maintain formation and keep up the pressure! As soon as they are down we press to the objective, I want walking wounded assisting with those who cannot move but I am afraid we leave the dead. We need to move fast before more of them hit us."

The Hostile that Orren stabs at is able to get its right forearm in the way of the attack, sending a SCREECH of sparks down its arm as his blade is deflected. His sword sails harmlessly underneath the Hostile's arm, and the attack is lost. However, the damage dealt from the others is more than enough to splatter his armor with blood and fluids once more. It stops twitching and dies. A wave of nausea creeps up from Orrin's chest and he dumps to one knee, planting the tip of his sword into the deck plating for balance. His muscle memory activates, bringing his shield over his head for protection as his visor opens to reveal his black skin and bloodied teeth. As if dry heaving, he coughs a splash of blood onto the ground…shoulders rising and falling with the pained efforts. Shaking away the dizziness, his armor electronically locks back into place and he pushes back to his feet…

Hostile blood splatters her drake-headed blade as she cuts straight through the Soldier's abdomen. Ellinor looks to be preparing for another strike, but her fellow Johana is the one who delivers the blow that sends it to its knees. Now her gaze returns to the largest of the Hostiles that continues to rain its fury down on the Ibrahm. She steps forward, ignoring the ache that starts to magnify into honest agony, but she refuses to back down as she closes the gap between her and the behemoth.

Asher's blast lances out from his hand as he rises, impacting hard into one of the Hostile priests 'hands' with a shower of sparks and flames, "Why… won't.. you die." He growls a little, adopting a fairly aggressive stance as he fights through the pain of his injuries.

"I'm fine. Just feel like the Comet's last season, is all. Nothing a still drink won't fix." Cedric notes, lowering his sidearm when he sees his bolt stick into that one's chest. "And a fuck you too." Getting up to his feet, he eyeballs an old advarsary. "And I'm surprised you're still standing." he electronized voice states wryly. Hand regrips the falchion, it's curved blade already with it's fair share of Hostile blood split on it. The back pain will have to wait. Seeing Ellinor move this one two, he moves in tandem with her, swordarm lacing to strike at the same time.

As his poleaxe hits the Hostile over the neck, Sammel is unable to get out of the attack hitting him hard in the chest region, and he stumbles backwards a bit. "Sir, you've taken a serious hit to…" the AI begins, but is very quickly interrupted by the Cindravale's growl. "Yes, yes. I could feel it, thank you!" Stumbling forward again, he tries using the spike at the butt end of the shaft this time, stabbing it at one of the remaining Hostiles. Glancing around at the others very briefly as he does.

When her sword strikes true to aim and the head becomes detached from its shoulders, Johana gets a splatter of Hostile blood over her armor, but she forges on, joining the next group in attacking the next Hostile. They seem to be cutting into the group really well.

Victor goes low as Thalo goes high, crunching into its thigh. He reinforces the orders of Thalo and Alexis alike, "Hold! HOLD!" As his armor goes that blank white again, he shifts aside slightly, trying to flank the Hostile that he and Thalo are facing, only to have another pair of knights come piling in, "Welcome to the party. Still in one peace there, Ana?" In combat, apparently, he feels no compunction against using her nickname.

There's a slam of hammer into armor and another as a sword manages to find a weak point between chest and abdomen armor on the Wall. Thalo grunts and draws back a step. "Die already, bastard!" he growls out and whips his hammer back around into less aggressive posture. His black armor glistens, but the trickle of blood is slow and doesn't seem to have phased the Knight enough to matter.

The Hostile that Erik is engaging are both dancing around each other's blow but for the noble knight, he was able to hold his opponent's attention enough that his compatriots cleave into it. With another invader dispatched, he surveys the battle and quickly sees that the Hostiles have gone on the retreat, their numbers thinned quite nicely. Spotting another, charges after the invader, intent on removing its head as well.

The red-robed Hostile sways under repeated attacks, the end of one tentacle-arm smoking and hanging a bit limply. The blow to the neck knocks it backwards as well, but it turns away from the main force, its many and varied limbs darting out to feint and distract as it weaves about, trying to avoid being smashed.

The armsmen steady under orders, not chasing down the retreating Hostiles. A few remain in place to hold up the Havenite advance, and down the cross-corridor to the left of the original axis of travel can be seen another brawl, pushing forward three intersections down, a great deal of the way across the ship. It seems that one of the other ramships struck on the other side of the Hostile ship and is pressing forward as well.

<COMBAT> Ellinor will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Barton will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed weapons to Sword.
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Hostile30 has changed stance to normal. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Erik will attack Hostile4 this turn. Options: called=Neck
<COMBAT> Sammel will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Erik has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Hostile30 has changed stance to defensive. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Alexis will attack Hostile23 this turn.
<COMBAT> Johana will attack Hostile23 this turn. Options: called=neck
<COMBAT> Hostile23 has changed stance to defensive. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Agnes has changed weapons to greatsword.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed stance to Aggressive.
<COMBAT> Agnes has changed stance to aggressive.
<COMBAT> Agnes will attack Hostile4 this turn. Options: called=Neck
<COMBAT> Barton has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Barton has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Orren will pass this turn.
<COMBAT> Orren has changed stance to def_shield.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed stance to normal.

<COMBAT> Asher attacks Hostile4 with Psychometry - Moderate wound to Left Hand.
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile23 with Great Bludgeon - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Orren passes.
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile23 with Greatsword - Light wound to Left Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile30 attacks Barton with Great Bludgeon and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Erik attacks Hostile4 with Greatsword - Light wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Cedric attacks Hostile30 with Sword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Agnes attacks Hostile4 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Neck (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile23 with Great Bludgeon but Hostile23 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Sammel attacks Hostile30 with Polearm but Hostile30 DODGES!
<COMBAT> Hostile4 attacks Agnes with Hfp and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Hostile23 attacks Thalo with Sword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile30 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Barton attacks Hostile30 with Bludgeon - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Alexis attacks Hostile23 with Bludgeon - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!

<COMBAT> Hostile4 has been KO'd!

<FS3> Orren rolls Will: Success.

"Oh, bother. Sir, your wounds will require immediate treatment post-battle. I urge you to be more cautious," Winnie reports. Agnes isn't really minding her armor's AI however, she's more intent on finishing off the tentacled priest than her own safety. "FOR HAVEN!" she shouts, bringing her sword down hard between the Hostile's shoulder and neck and watching it drop with blood fountaining from its new wider, redder smile.

Alexis's AI again cuts out her audio to the command channel as she slams her axe into a Hostile, the impact failing to find purchase but definitely sending stabbing shards of agony into her lacerated hand. Then she is giving orders and words of encouragement again as she aims for another blow with her voice still remaining level and focused. "Good job Sir Agnes, the priest is down." Then more generally. "We finish this then push on, swarm them, show no mercy. Squads two, four and eight hold back in reserve and prepare for form emergency shield wall in event of counterattack. As soon as these last few are down we continue to our objective."

"Did you see that, Vic?" Asher asks, "That Arboren just took my kill." he frowns as his blasts the creature's other 'hand' with another firey lightning zap before his attention focuses on the remaining two, who despite being ganged up on remain up and fighting still.

Finding his footing once more, Orren reaches for his spear that is sticking straight up from the neck of a dead Hostile. He collapses it and slides it into the catch on the back of his shoulder, for safekeeping and later use. Having fallen a few steps behind the others due to his stumble, Orren stomps forward with his sword in his hand towards the next Hostile. Agnes' green diamond in his HUD is alive and lively, and just before her another red diamond snuffs out. He smiles behind his visor. He tightens his grip on his broadsword and lances in to disarm the next Hostile…literally.

With more Knights rallying against the Hostile Thalo is engaging with, The Wall makes one more crushing blow for the Hostile's head, slamming his hammer down at it's head. It hits, but doesn't seem to phase the Hostile. "Spike, 78Alpha9." his armor on his left forarm spins around and a red light shield constructs itself around his arm. Meanwhile the shaft of his hammer retracts down to less than half size to allow him to use the hammer handed. He spins the hammer around once, taking up a more aggressive shielded stance, "Bring it on bitch!" he calls out at the Hostile.

Johana manages to only hit one of the last Hostiles lightly, nothing like she really wanted to do. Drawing her blade back further this time, she fully intend on a much harder hit. Ignoring her own AI warning her of her own injuries, she plods on, careful to step into her swing then step back, with so many grouping onto each Hostile. Definitely not wanting to get caught in the crossfire.

Okay, so his attempted attack didn't quite work. What do you do then? The only idea Sammel has is that he'll try once more. Looking like he's recovered a bit more from the hit he took earlier, he tries smashing the head spike of the poleaxe into the Hostile now. Still listening to whatever it is the AI voice is telling him, but not really paying attention to it right now.

Victor has his axe parried neatly by the Hostile he's rejoined combat with, cursing under his breath and then trying to hook the beard of his axe around the thing's sword to pull it down and away, doing his best to open the creature up to attack from the other knights around him. Asher's words draw a laugh, "Don't worry about kills, little brother. Just worry about staying the fuck alive." His armor shifts to that demonic visage again, and he activates his external speakers, bellowing aloud at the surrounded Hostile for theoretical maximum disorientation.

Another Hostile dispatched, this time it is the robed one who may have been this group's leader and Erik's eyes searches for another, the clean up action taking longer than he had expected or hoped for as they still have their main objective to take care of.

Still, the Drakefire Knight does not relent. She does spy her brother-in-law turning his own focus on her target and she casts him a quick nod of her head. Words are swallowed back, too conscious that they would be rife with pain. Syrus quietly informs her that his estimation of Hostile numbers is rapidly declining, which seems to steel her attack as she slashes deep and wide against the Hostile's chest.

This is seriously the Hostile that wouldn't die. And the fact that it's taking more than just Cedric to put it down is beginning to grate on his nerves in the most annoying way. He doesn't even need to look at it to know that his sword impact didn't really do much other than scuff paint. Which is also annoying. So as he passes in his strike, when he turns he brings up his crossbow to take another bead on the one of the two left remaining. And like every other time, he pulls the trigger.

The armsmen work to clear out the remnants of the Hostile rearguard with the knights, swarming and working together to 'put the boot in.' The indicated three squads gather in a tight knot, while others police the battlefield, dragging wounded and dead out of the middle of the hallway.

The hammer from Barton hits right over the head but the helmet seem to absorb the damage and it causes the dance to continue, with the others doing their best to cut down the hostile. Sending his own hammer towards his opponent's chin. Focused for the time being.

<COMBAT> Hostile23 has changed stance to aggressive. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Hostile30 has changed stance to aggressive. (Mars)
<COMBAT> Orren has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Orren will attack Hostile23 this turn. Options: called=Left Hand
<COMBAT> Alexis will attack Hostile23 this turn. Options: called=head
<COMBAT> Agnes will pass this turn.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed weapons to bludgeon.
<COMBAT> Thalo has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Asher will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Agnes has changed stance to agg_shield.
<COMBAT> Agnes has changed weapons to sword.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed weapons to Hand Crossbow.
<COMBAT> Cedric will attack Hostile30 this turn.
<COMBAT> Cedric has changed stance to Aggressive.
<COMBAT> Erik will attack Hostile23 this turn. Options: called=Head
<COMBAT> Thalo will attack Hostile23 this turn.
<COMBAT> Agnes will attack Hostile23 this turn.
<COMBAT> Agnes will attack Hostile30 this turn.

<COMBAT> Erik attacks Hostile23 with Greatsword - Light wound to Head (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Asher attacks Hostile30 with Psychometry - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Sammel attacks Hostile30 with Polearm - Serious wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Johana attacks Hostile23 with Greatsword - ARMOR on Head stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Hostile30 attacks Barton with Great Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Left Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Thalo attacks Hostile23 with Bludgeon - Light wound to Chest (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Orren attacks Hostile23 with Sword - Light wound to Left Hand (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Cedric attacks Hostile30 with Hand Crossbow - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!
<COMBAT> Cedric's weapon clicks empty.
<COMBAT> Barton attacks Hostile30 with Bludgeon - Moderate wound to Left Hand (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Alexis attacks Hostile23 with Bludgeon - Serious wound to Left Arm (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Victor attacks Hostile23 with Great Bludgeon - Critical wound to Head (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Hostile23 attacks Thalo with Sword and MISSES!
<COMBAT> Ellinor attacks Hostile30 with Greatsword - Moderate wound to Abdomen (Reduced by Armor).
<COMBAT> Agnes attacks Hostile30 with Sword - ARMOR on Chest stops the attack!

<COMBAT> Hostile23 has been KO'd!
<COMBAT> Hostile30 has been KO'd!

<FS3> Orren rolls Will: Success.

Agnes pants, standing over the body of the priest for a moment as she gathers herself from the fury and bloodlust. Sweat slides down her back from her efforts, the cooling units in her armor compensating. "Winnie, shield mode." Her hard light shield is back as she switches to her one handed sword grip. Everything in the vicinity of her chest hurts at the moment. "Sir Orren, report," she barks over the Peake comm channel, as she rolls into motion heading towards the Hostile bearing the large bludgeon. She is wounded, but not near as bad as some of the others. They dispatch it well before she arrives however.

The sword slams down on the Wall's shield as he shoves the blow aside, leaving openings for the rest to make their attacks. A single blow of his hammer cracks into the armor of the Hostile, enough seemingly to stun it at least as it gets attacked on all sides. The Wall moves back a step to keep from hindering the others.

As the bludgeon is coming at him Barton does raise his arm to try to protect himself. Taking some damage but not too badly at least. Getting pained but for now just enduring. His own weapon swung at the chin of his target, who does much the same as he did. Throwing up his hand to deflect and taking the hit which sends him towards Ellinor for that last cut. "Nicely done." He offers with a nod as the enemy goes down.

Alexis lives up to her command to show no mercy, taking full advantage of her foe being surrounded and outnumbered to line up a solid blow then hammering her axe in to hack near entirely through an arm, before Victor's rather heavier blow annhilates the Hostile's head. Stepping immediately away she scans the group for a moment before then urging. "Forward! Resume shield wall and continue to the objective. Sir Orren, are you able to move without assistance?" Again her audio cuts out abruptly for several seconds as she hisses through clenched teeth when her rapid limping steps grind the torn edges of her cuirass into her lacerated side.

With the flury of Hostile activity dying down, Erik is finally able to slow to a stop, his bastard sword hanging down towarsd the ground as he looks through the area through his visor. "We should split up the wounded with those that can continue, who knows what else we will run into." Especially if they have to make a quick exit.

Orren's slash to the Hostile's wrist is one of many that turns it into a bleeding, twitching mess. If anything in these Hostile could survive such an assault, it wouldn't be happy. With no current targets to attack, or attack him in return, he plants his sword's tip into the deck plating and leans on it for support, running on pure willpower. Agnes' recognizable voice crackles in through his helmet's internals. His voice is ragged, yet fierce. "By my count three with my aid. My vitals are spiking, but these bastards won't kill me yet. Am I to stay with Sir Johana or come to your side?" He replies and then turns his helmeted gaze over to Alexis. He's a bloody mess, clearly in pain, but he nods sharply to her. "Aye, Sir. I can continue. I'll give these bastards my life for this victory for Haven."

Victor drags the Hostile's weapon down, into a glancing blow against Thalo's shield, opening it up to a veritable trip-hammer of attacks. As it staggers back, the Khourni steps forward, sweeping his axe overhead and burying the blade halfway through the creature's skull. It may have already been dead from the previous wounds, but it certainly is now. The Hostile collapses, and Victor steps forward, planting his boot on the corpse's chest to lever his axe free. With the last of the Hostiles immediately engaging them down, one of the armsmen steps forward to go help the other party of boarders fighting their way forward a hundred or so meters away, but Victor grabs him, shoving him back with the others, "The Knight-Lieutenant said forward." Flickering his comm-system to the command channel briefly, he inquires of Thalo, Alexis, and Agnes, "We're coming back for the dead and wounded on the way out, right?"

Once the last one falls over, Cedric rolls his eyes within his helmet. "Lieutenant, give me a status report. Ship and the sector." he comms to the Intent's bridge, while shaking out the slight numbness prevailing his arm. "And preliminary marine casualty. I want to know if we're going to be of any use out here." While he converses with the bridge, he seems less inclined to revel in their victory for the time being, but it doesn't seem like he's ever been a person that's been big on chest-beating. On the outside, it probably looks like he's mildly distracted.

Hostile, meet a thrust of a poleaxe to the stomach. There's a bit of a grint from Sammel as he manages to hit the enemy, before he takes a few deep breaths now. Nice work…" he remarks, leaning a bit on his weapon for a few moments, before he moves into position to rejoin the shield wall at those orders. Looking around at the others present now, he opens his visor very briefly, so he can spit out some blood, and then the visor closes again, as he seems to ready himself to move forward with the others once more.

"Negative Sir Orren, you will receive medical treatment, though if we are engaged by another force like and it is neccessary then I will gladly take you up on that offer." Alexis straightens then and starts foward, limping fast despite her injuries as she works to keep pace with the advance. "We take the wounted with us Sir Victor and hopefully we have time to collect the dead. But the priority is to cripple this ship then get off alive."

Agnes calls up Orren's armor readout on her HUD and grimaces. "Not today, Sir Orren. I have a mission of import for you. Please see to it that all the dead and wounded are returned to the Intent, as well as the priest's body and any hostile after separating head and limbs from them. We leave none of ours behind. Absolutely none. I need you to guard and defend the recovery."

A duality of strikes — one by Ellinor, one by Asher — slams into the Hostile's belly with equal weight and precision. Her sword swoops in just after the major telekinetic burst, burying its blade deep within the armored flesh of the Hostile. She looks up a bit into the yellowy eyes of the enemy helmet, and for a moment — just a moment — two gazes connect. And then she hauls it off her blade, sending it down onto the white flooring. She is winded, breathing heavily through her vocorder. She looks up sharply toward the rest of their segment of hallway, and all she sees is Havenites standing over the bodies of both comrades and foes. She starts to steady herself once more.

Thalo eyes the dead hostile and lowers his shield arm, "Spike, Alpha001." the light shield fading and then seems to close itself back into his bracer. The hammer haft telescopes back out again and Thalo nods back to Victor, "Let's get back to the mission. We need to move, now men. Let's go." And so he sets about pointing and ordering people in his flank back into position. At least, those who aren't horribly wounded.

"Yes, Sirs." Orrin replies firmly, careful to say it loud and proud and not hint to any dissatisfaction with their orders. Like a good soldier, he limps back towards the ramp of the Shadow of Intent, sword in hand. "MEDIC!" He calls out, wheezing through the pain. He's done all he can here, for now.

Asher's aura fades from it's combat induced brilliance, though has yet to dissapear completely, and his hands come down to his sides, grimacing a little bit before the knight attempts to block the pain from his injuries, at least for the time being while the rest of the boarding party rallies and tends to the wounded.

<FS3> Asher rolls Psychometry: Failure.

The report from the Intent's XO comes through clear, "Intent has sustained minor additional damage starboard side aft, but we're still functional, sir. Weapons batteries all still on-line and firing. The other two boarding parties have been stalled, and are taking heavy casualties. Stormfront and Bucephalus have also boarded this ship, but Lion of the Plains was destroyed before she made contact. The overall battle is… confused, sir."

In this party, the original number is now down to 64, including combat-capable wounded. Another 15 are dead, and 11 seriously-enough wounded that they cannot move under their own power.

"Move out, check every room for something to break, Marines!" Agnes barks, like a drill sergeant, forming up as commanded.

"Negative." Alexis countermands Agnes there. "Keep together, we are going for the engines and melting them. With the engines dead this ship will be unable to decelerate and will never reach our worlds, with no hope of repair. If the other groups are stalled then we are the only hope for success, one in every hundred of the warriors of the Haven system are boarding this ship or near enough and failure is NOT an option. Forward!"

Victor may not be entirely pleased by the order, but he nods his helmeted head, speaking first inside his helmet, "Vera, cease pattern shifting." And then he moves over to check on Asher as they fall back into ranks to continue the advance, "You good, little brother? What the fuck was that thing that hit you?"

Cedric's armored head bobs unconciously as each report is listed off to him. "I'll go ahead and assume you alread have work crews on the on the aft side, then. Any life pods jettison from the Lion?" he goes on to ask, only partly paying attention to the fact that he's staying where he is, perhaps incase any Hostiles tryi to come for the Intent, letting the Knights bark orders. At this point, he's just the working manager. But the conversation takes a more curious turn. "Confused?" he seems to not of expected that response. "Cofusing, how?" Pausing, he glances over to the leaving Alexis before they get away too far. "Knight Lieutenant. I'm getting reports that other boarding parties are taking heavy casualties. If you have the marines to assist, I'd suggest doing so." Then, he goes back to his comm. "Continue, Lieutenant."

"A priest." Asher replies to Victor, "One of the Hostile leaders. The blast is new to me though…" He says with a little grimace, "But I'll be fine." He adds with a nod, "I'll just stick back a bit."

A solid nods comes from Barton at the orders. Moving ahead with the others. Trying to head along with them to find their targets. Having his blaster at the ready if he needs to handle any doors or anything really. With his hammer ready for more hostiles.

Johana is feeling the hurt just a little much, but she doesn't remain with the wounded exactly. Instead, she follows orders, marching along forward, prepared to follow the mission through to the end, whatever the end may be.

Sammel nods a little as he listens now, moving forward with the others. He might be keeping his upper body slightly more still than usual, but still he moves on. Whispering something to his AI as he does, and unable to hold back another grimace behind his visor now.
Thalo has disconnected.

"Yes Sir," Agnes gets into the line to follow.

"Lord Captain Cedric, we can split to assist if you order it but I strongly advise against that. The other bording parties are occupying Hostile forces and we should remain concentrated in order to maximise the chance of completing our objective. Once this vessel is crippled beyond repair then everyone can withdraw." Alexis keeps that to a private channel, not blocking out everyone but limited to the knight lieutenants and Cedric, she continues to press forward with the shield wall as she talks, bleeding as she does so.

Once more, the response from the Intent is prompt for Cedric, "No sir. There are some transponders from individual armor suits, but no life pods. Fourth Fleet is reported deeply engaged over Primus, Second Fleet and Third are just meeting the forces assaulting Imperius."

Hallways go by, a few Hostiles are encountered here and there, but they are quickly brushed aside with minimal casualties. The corridor takes a hard branch to the left at one point, and then dead-ends at a heavy doorway.

Alexis does not hesitate at that, and gestures to the door with her axe. "This looks like it, melt through that thing! I want two thirds ready to breach, one third in reserve. Sir Thalo you lead the breach, Sir Agnes, you command the reserves and commit as you see fit. Initially deploy to cover the corridor behind us though."

"Yes Sir!" Agnes barks. She turns and gestures with sharp motions towards several marines and Knights. "Set up in position to defend this corridor!" She strides down the center, moving to set up mini holocams in the cross section to give them warning of incoming.

As the door is reached, Asher unholsters his naval blaster, having started taking lessons with the device once he volunteered for Marine duty. He moves up to the vicinity and brings the tool to bear, ready to start brute forcing through the door once others take up their place at the door.

Victor snorts at Asher, "I knew that. It was the what-the-fuck-hit-you I was asking about." As Thalo is called up, Victor pushes forward as well, staying just off the larger man's left shoulder. "Blasters up!" And that gets Asher a smirk that the other Khourni cannot see from the other side of Victor's helmet.

Being one of the few knights who are still in top fighting condition, Erik also moves up to the door that they are designating to breach, his blade ready in his hand as one of the Khourni wields the blaster.

"I'm not ordering you to do anything, Lieutenant. I'm simply letting you know what's going on within the rest of the ship. I'm giving you options. These are your marines. Then if you're going to cripple the ship, then do it. And do it fast. Now that -is- an order." Cedric replies back to Alexis, before concerning himself with his XO. "Keep tabs on their indicators. We'll bring them in alive or dead, but we won't leave them behind. Have an evac team with tethering cables ready to pull them in." The bit about Primus though catches him slightly off-guard. "Primus? I expected combat reports coming out of the Ring first."

Barton moves to be able to help with the door as needed. Seeing as he does have quite a bit of engineering skills he does move up close and ready. Even if his blaster skills still need a bit of practice. Listening to the words going around. Bearing through his own pains for the time being.

"Thank you Lord Captain." Alexis keeps her reply on the command channel to that, then shifts her weight to her good leg as she watches the preparations for breaching the door and Agnes' coverage of the corridor behind them. Apparently she does not feel any need to comment on that but she does key to the general channel before addressing everyone. "The other boarding teams have been stalled. I know most of you are wounded, I certainly am, but thanks to our determination we have broken through and now the success of this mission rests upon our efforts. Do not let our sacrifices so far be in vain."

With her blade still drawn, Johana waits for the bigger and more bulky guys, including her twin, Barton, to deal with the door, she just prepares herself for whatever their paths will cross on the other side of the door.

Taking a few deep breaths as he hears the words from Alexis, Sammel nods as he lets out a bit of a sigh. Keeping his poleaxe ready as he waits for the door to be dealt with, he mutters something to himself, glancing from the door and back into the corridor for a few moments.

"Some sort of sonic weapon I think." Asher says, "Next time I'll try to just stop it, maybe, or at least try." he says, and once he sees the majority of knights formed up on the door he calls out "Fire." before he pulls the trigger, not entirely sure what it's going to take to blast down the door.

Thalo moves to the door, eyeing it, then Victor. He hefts up his maul, taking up position, "Men, bring this door down. Victor, breaching position." Thalo moves to take the other breaching position. "On my mark, we take the door, breach the room. Prioritize hostiles. I want shields at the doorway, move through, flankers follow to surround any hostiles. If possible, focus on their priest types, take them down as quickly as possible. Get into position men."

The door holds up to the first couple of blasts, but after a few more shots, it gives, blasting inward. The smoke clears quickly enough, revealing a wide room with stacks of… servers? Some sort of massive electronics, at least. There are no Hostiles visible, although there could be some lurking further into the room.

Alexis does not hesitate in her orders even so. "Hold position at the door and maintain the shield wall, melt everything with blasters."

Agnes and her troops hold at the ready, covering the corridor top to bottom. The Bear keeps them steadied with a sturdy rambling of encouraging words.

Victor bursts through the door alongside Thalo, his armor scraping against both the door-frame and the Wall ont he way. He spreads to the left, looking for something to hit, then stopping as forces rumble in behind him to shake out a shieldwall, "Electronics, Knight-Lieutenant. Lots of them."

Barton burst through the door along with the others. Looking around and trying to see if there are any Hostiles around. Nodding to what Victor says. "Indeed. Seems like we'll have quite a bit of work ahead of us." He says before moving along and keeping calm and careful, just in case. "Clear the room first?" He asks those in charge.

"Hold position at the door and start blasting, there is no reason to advance and break the shield wall until we actually spot anyone and hopefully if there are hostiles we can force them to advance on us piecemeal." Advises, or orders, Alexis. "Open fire!"

Asher nods his head slightly "Aye, Knight-Lieutenant." he says and he brings his blaster up once again, starting to fire on the various electronic banks that can be seen from the doorway. He's not a great shot with the weapon, but it's not like the server clusters are getting up and moving!

Thalo is through the door with Victor, tight of a fit as it was. He moves off to the side, allowing the shielded members of his team to move through and forward, setting up their wall. He waits now for the smoke to clear, "Spike, track movement, ten percent trail." And then he echoes the orders, "Fire at their systems. If they begin to attack, hold this position!"

Victor grinds his teeth inside his helmet, but he waits at the door, hefting his axe as he looks around for any movement. Directing his comms to Thalo, Asher, and Johana, "Godsdamn it… this is going to take for fucking ever."

Blasters fire from Asher and others, perhaps a dozen of the men-at-arms leveling them and spraying fire from behind the shieldwall. The servers are obviously armored, as they resist the blaster-fire somewhat, but they give eventually, one slow server at a time.

Sammel remains in position for now, leaning a bit on his poleaxe at the moment. Once more the visor goes up, and he spits once more, before he goes back to watching the corridor carefully.

When the door is blasted, and Victor addresses her, Johana quirks her lips into a half smile beneath her helmet. "Time is a valuable commodity at the moment. Let's do what we can."

Alexis frowns inside her helmet at the lack of speed when it comes to server destruction. "Sir Thalo, advance into the room and commence cutting those things to pieces as well, I advise keeping half your troops in reserve but leave it to your judgement. Sir Agnes, be prepared to reinforce Sir Thalo should he encounter resisistance."

As the blaster fire happens, Erik peeks around the corner and around the shield wall, seeing just how slow it's going, "This is taking too long, Knight Lieutenant, we don't have time for this." The Cindravale appears to be growing restless as time is of the essence. When the orders finally change, he tightens the grip on his bastard sword,w aiting for the shield wall to push in so they can finish the job.

"You should have brushed up on blasters with me then, Vic and brought one of your own. We knew we'd need them for this work!" Asher says as he shoots at the armored computing devices with the other men-at-arms similarly equipped.

"Wilco," Agnes replies to Alexis. She turns part of her force around to face the doors and keep watch.

A nod is given from Thalo to Victor and Johanna, "Alright boys and girls. Hammers, axes and greatswords with me. Blasters focus on our right, we'll take the left." He motions for those with heavy weapons to follow him, "Keep that shield wall intact, bring it forward a bit in case we need to move quickly to get back behind it." And with that, Thalo moves out around the shields and over towards a bank of servers swinging his hammer at them to help destroy their electronic systems.

This is Sir Orren reporting at the choke point. Wounded and casualty evacuation is commencing. We are keeping the light on for you, may the Six guide you all. Orren sounds over the communication unit, clicking off with a soft hiss.

"Good work Sir Thalo." Alexis remains where she is in the doorway, watching, but does apparently not mind giving praise at all. "Sir Agnes, you deployed microcameras? I am going to trust in the ability of everyone to react fast if we are attacked. Move forward, break everything as fast as possible then we will withdrawl. Thank you for the report and your continued efforts Sir Orren. You do Haven proud."

Agnes nods to Alexis and barks out, "You heard the Knight Lieutenant, dismantle those things in there, Marines! Time to break things!" She keeps a handful back in the corridor as a buffer and to monitor the cameras, as she moves in to help bash the crap out of the servers.

Victor grins inside his helmet as the orders shift, and he advances, laying into the nearest server with his axe. "There we go."

The addition of the great-weapons to the effort about doubles the speed of the destruction, but it is still taking time. The wave of destruction proceeds across the room. When it reaches the halfway point, the lights in the room abruptly flicker and die, a few emergency lights sparking on. Three quarters of the way, and there's a sudden shift in gravity, it getting distinctly lighter, but not failing entirely. Word comes from the Intent, "Whatever just happened in there worked like a charm! The ship's engines have failed." And just about time, as the microcams show Hostiles gathering at the far end of both cross-corridors, grouping up in the light gravity in preparation to make a rush.

Needing no further prompting, Johana heads in with her sword and uses it on an entirely different kind of metal this time, this time it doesn't fight back. Swinging the blade though seems to wind her sooner than normal and she pauses only after a couple of swings to catch her breath, a hand to her chest. Only after a brief break does she go back to destroying.. so therapeutic.

Once the order is given to go in and start causing havoc in the server room, Erik advances without hesitation and starts swinging his blade, cleaving into the delicate electronics. When the conditions of the Hostile ship starts changing drastically, the Cindravale looks up at the emergency lights and barks out a laugh, "This appears to be the core of the ship! Everything is run on these computers!"

"Sir Alexis! We have incoming, both sides of the cross corridor!" Agnes barks as one of her men reports the activity to her. The Knight braces a hand against a wall as the ship lists.

Barton nods at the orders. Joining in with opening fire to get it all destroyed. Glancing over and grinning at the words fom the others. Nodding to what Erik says, "It does seem like that. How come the bad guys always keep everything at one spot?" He asks with a bit of a chuckle. Though the report of incoming does take his attention. Ready to move to help if needed. Though for now continuing to try and destroy as fast as possible.

"Make sure that destruction holds. Wreck the SHIT out of whatever was just broken, then move back. We fight our way back to the Shadow of Intent and leave our hosts to enjoy a one way trip to interstellar space at high velocity." Alexis then turns back the way they just came. "Form up! Reconsistute the shield wall and then prepare to charge through anything that bars our path. I know we are hurt, I know we are bleeding, but home awaits! This is no time for hesitation or fear."

Having made his way inside as well, to help smashing up things, Sammel nods at Erik's words, offering a brief grin. "An efficient way of dealing with the ship…" Trailing off as he hears the rest of what's being said now, he makes sure to smash up what he was working on, before he moves out to join the shield wall again now. Muttering something under his breath.

Asher shoots off a couple more blasts into the server room as Alexis calls out her orders, then the blaster is put away once again and he's moving to rejoin the forming shieldwall once again..

After shredding another server computer, Erik actually stops the destruction and has his armor's AI put a marker on this section of the ship on the map, data to be saved for later to be shared with those that are back home. Raising his blade again, the Cindravale was about to start on another server when the alert about Hostiles incoming is provided. Being one of the few remaining knights that are not wounded, heads back outside to the main corridor, ready to be on the front lines against the Hostile forces.

Agnes forms up close to Alexis' wounded side, powering up her shield to help defend the commanding officer from incoming blows. The gaping hole in her armor's chest plate is easily visible up close. She grips her sword in the other hand and sets her jaw defiantly, even though it goes unseen under her helm. "At the ready!" she shouts.

Johana stabs her sword into a particularly delicate looking piece of machinery then twists it for good measure, repeating the process a few times before she is satisfied. Hearing the command to form up, she turns and follows the others to line up, finding herself directly beside her brother. "Hey Barton.. how are you holding up?"

Victor glories in the destruction for a while, but the call of Hostiles behind them has the Khourni stepping back, clapping Thalo between the shoulders to let him know that he's stepping out of the wrecking line, "Next time, Asher. Next time." As he moves out toward the corridor, he grunts, "Vera, slave the microcam feeds." The lowered gravity has him nearly floating between steps, and he runs into one wall as he reaches the exit.

The Hostiles continue to gather, the lightened gravity allowing them to bounce an extra meter or so with each step. Debris hasn't started to float yet, but it definitely takes a long while to hit the ground when it's thrown up.

This is Sir Orren, reporting in The knight's voice crackles over the communications line. Triage has set me out, as others are under the knife. I'm in position, sword at the ready. Permission to close the gap and reinforce?

On my word…NOTHING will get into the Intent, Sir. Moving up. Hammer and Anvil. Orren replies, clicking off once more.

Thalo grunts and smashes one more server before he turns and nods to those he has with them, "Get back to the lines, keep those blasters working, marines. You'll bring up the rear should we start to move out. Till then I want that room as wrecked as possible to make sure they can't recover their systems." Thalo starts to move quickly back towards the line, his heavy metal boots thudding against the flooring as he moves.

"Sir Orren, if you are alone then hold the corden at the Shadow, if you have enough combat ready troops with you then push to join us. We have been cut off. Six be with you." Alexis apparently decides to be entirely upfront there as she answers to the Tylos knight. Then deliberately broadcast to everyone. "We have fucked up their grav plates, anyone with extensive space experience and a grav generator weapon? Now is the time to shine."

"Winnie, set visuals to compensate for lower gravity trajectories," Agnes tells her AI. She grimaces as Orren asks to get back in the fight. She wouldn't want to be kept out of it, so she can't rightly tell him no. "If you believe in your condition you can fight without hindering our retreat, Sir Orren, yes."

Sammel grimaces a bit as he listens now. But he doesn't say anything, or do anything except for getting his weaon ready for use again now. Glancing between the others for a few moments.

With the lightening of gravity, Johana does the same, instructing her AI to make the correct adjustments, slightly magnetizing her boots to assist her as she leaves with the others as well as they can. Hearing the issues in the comm, she doesn't reply but files it away for later.

Thalo grumbles as he moves to the line, letting the marines with their blasters do what they do. Given the gravity decrease, he is able to make good time for the doorway, speaking into his comm, directly to Alexis and Agnes, "Sir Alexis, how much time do we have before we engage? If we move out now, we might be able to push past them and get back to the ship."

"We move immediately." Assures Alexis there. "If we can avoid a general engagement than that is ideal." Shifting then to the open channel she continues. "Go go go! We have achieved our objective, maintain formation but we are returning to the Shadow!"

Orren, at the corden, turns to look back at the assembled troops. He looks like a thing out of a horror movie, covered in steel and blood. He drums his gauntleted fingertips on the hilt of the blood-stained broadsword. With thirty troops guarding the area, he points to them. "We've soldiers cut off and a need to bring them home." He points to them. "Ten hands. Ten souls. We bring them home or die trying. I'm looking for volunteers." He pauses, yellowed visor flashing as a number of them step forward. He nods his head to them and takes up his sword, and a synthetic WHOMP sounds as his hard-light shield comes to life on the left forearm of his guantlet. Though he's limping…he wades back down the corridor with ten in tow.

Sir Orren to boarding party…we are enroute to reinforce your exit.

Barton moves towards the line after the destroying part. Nodding and heading on at the signal from Alexis and hurries to take up the front again. The blaster shifted away for the time being. Moving along with the others. Trying to stand as the front chield. Even if he is injured.

Victor pushes his way up to a position just behind the front rank of the shieldwall, and then when the order comes through, he pushes off, staying behind the men at the front as they do their best to maintain formation while bound-rushing forward. The Hostiles keep milling in the corridors, starting forward and then getting apparently called back. They slowly advance, but not quickly enough to catch up with the rushing Havenites.

Since Thalo ordered the men to keep blasting, he's opted to take up the rear guard. After having gotten the marines to move out and fall in, they are off, down the corridor. He keeps his hammer at the ready, should the hostiles attempt to engage from behind.

Agnes advances, her shield beside Alexis' forming that barrier wall to protect the men behind them.

Zoom. Zoom. Being told to haul ass only once, Johana does. Cruising out with the leaps and bounds the lightened benefits of gravity give her, she also finds it's much less painful on her injuries.

As the group begins to proceed down the hallway back to the Shadow of Intent without any interceptions yet, Erik slowly falls back from right behind the shield wall to the more wounded knights in the back, changing to almost a rearguard action. The Hostile's actions and decisions seem very sketchy right now.

Asher trucks along with the withdrawing boarding parties, his aura still glowing a bit as he passes the now cautious hostiles.

A bit late but, if possible, Barton gives Johana a nod at her question. "I'm fine." It's easy to tell that he is injured but he seems to manage. Moving in formation after having made sure that everything is as it should be. Standing in the front and trying to move and give a clear path back to the Shadow of Intent, if possible.

Sammel keeps quiet as he moves with the others, looking around as he makes sure to keep up with the others, even if it may take a bit more effort at times than he'd like now.

As the Havenites blow past the first resistance, the Hostiles finally surge out in pursuit. Recall comes in from all three of the remaining ramships, and the other forces fight to extricate themselves from the swirling melees they've become embroiled in. These battles with forces from three different ramships seem to have distracted the defenders, as the returning forces under Alexis meet no further resistance as they meet up with Orren's volunteer ten

<FS3> Orren rolls Will: Failure.

"I have a bad feeling about this," Agnes notes, as she watches the milling Hostiles behave with sudden caution after shutting down the two other boarding parties without breaking a sweat. "Why aren't they attacking?" she comms over the command channel. Then of course they rush in, and the Knight does her best to keep them off the men and women of Haven.

When Johana finds herself running beside Barton, she slips an armored arm in his, assisting him since he seems to be a little dizzy. "You don't look fine, baby brother." With the Hostiles chasing them, Johana doesn't slow down for the benefit of Barton, she just hopes to make it to the ship in time. "They're coming hot and heavy.. run!"

When Orren and his away-team come into view, he's standing proud in place with ten soldiers behind him bearing spears and swords. The boarding party approaches and the knight of Peake can see the wave of Hostiles forming behind them. With nothing to kill between them and the Shadow of Intent, he turns and signals for his team to move back towards their ship. He starts to stalk backwards, shield at the read, and then doubles over. A coughing fit can be heard through his external speakers as he stumbles, leaning heavily against the wall. Black spots dot his vision as he turns to run with the others, the first few steps faltering. Any more trouble and the man is going to fall to the floor…

Thalo growls faintly and slows a bit. He's still moving, but he slows enough to put himself between the oncomming hostiles and the rest of his group. Keeping the rear clear he calls out, "Let's get a move on people!"

Agnes drops her shield to scoop up Orren with one arm, helping him to his feet. "Steady now, Sir Orren, we're nearly there." She helps the other Knight get back to the Shadow of Intent.

Victor grabs hold of one corner to slow his headlong descent until most of the column has passed by, joining back up with those at the rear, "I don't know about you sons-of-bitches, but I want some solid boarding doors between me and those motherfuckers. Let's pick it up!" And then he's not waiting any longer, but rushing back toward the Intent as well.

Orren throws an arm over Agnes' shoulder and pounds his feet against the deck, rushing as hard as he can. With the last of his strength dotting his vision, he grits his teeth and refuses to be the thing that weighs Sir Agnes down. He is there to protect her, not the other way around.

Being one of the last knights to reach the boarding tube, Erik continues the rearguard action, moving as fast as the group is and making sure that no Hostiles are straying too close to pull any of them away while they extract themselves from the doomed ship.

Soon as the ship is in sight, Johana continues to hurry. Definitely near one of the last of those boarding, she does make it on board, hurrying to move aside so the others can get in as well. Immediately she begins doing a manual headcount, ensuring herself all the team is there.

Hurrying back to the ship with the others, Sammel stumbles every now and then, but manages to stay on his feet. Muttering something under his breath, as he gets aboard, he places his weapon down so he can lean a bit against it again now.

Only when Agnes has Orren safely in the hands of the ship medics, does she stop to assess her own injuries. She presses a hand to her chest and it comes away covered in blood. "Damn," she mutters, then slumps against a wall and slides down to sit on the floor.

<FS3> Orren rolls Will: Good Success.

Thalo holds at the tube waiting for everyone else to get in. He slides his hammer back into its craddle on his back and moves into the tube. Once on the ship, he takes to getting stubborn Knights to see a medic, "All you bleeing bastards go get yerselves looked at!"

Orren doesn't fuss when his Lady and commanding knight offers him into the hands of the medics. While he was stable earlier, something far worse has happened to his status and he finds himself being shoulder-carried off by the medical team. When his helmet recedes over the shoulders of his armor, his face is caked with blood that he's been coughing up all afternoon. Already the sounds and cries for his preparation into surgery can be heard.

When the boarding parties are aboard, the doors shut with a distinct clang, cutting off the last Hostile by a bare meter. Before they can put major damage on the boarding doors, retro-rockets burn, and the Shadow of Intent comes away from the Hostile ship, letting air come gushing out of the hole it left in the side of the transport.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License